Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 74070 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Salo and Vitriol.
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2014, 06:49:51 am »

IMO, G20 summit pretty much confirmed that world leaders treat Putin as a fuckhead from now on
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2014, 07:35:30 am »

In world news: G20 summit pretty much confirmed that Ukrainian crisis is now a conflict of Russia vs. the USA, both of which remain dead-set on winning. Any kind of resolution seems increasingly unlikely.

Russia is like a crazy stalker ex, thinking that they have something going with the US when it's obvious to everyone else they dont.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2014, 07:45:31 am »

In world news: G20 summit pretty much confirmed that Ukrainian crisis is now a conflict of Russia vs. the USA, both of which remain dead-set on winning. Any kind of resolution seems increasingly unlikely.

obvious to everyone else
Didn't Obama compared Russian menace to Ebola recently? That's gotta count for something.
._.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2014, 07:49:31 am »

Mostly a conflict between Russia and Western Europe, really. The US can always just sit back and let things happen, they're half a continent away - and they're war-weary to boot. This is what makes the whole situation so dangerous: The US thinks they don't have to do anything, Putin knows that neither the US nor the EU will actually do stuff to stop him, and the EU believes they can hide behind Uncle Sam, when really he's preparing to bail. This could be the setup for another  stumble like 1914!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2014, 07:51:09 am »

Didn't Obama compared Russian menace to Ebola recently? That's gotta count for something.

Yes it counts for Russia pissed a lot of people off.  It just doesn't mean that the US is the second half, it's just one of many.  Why dont you guys shower your love on the Germans?  I'm sure they'd be a lot more into this.  Or how about the French?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2014, 07:55:27 am »

Yes it counts for Russia pissed a lot of people off.  It just doesn't mean that the US is the second half, it's just one of many.  Why dont you guys shower your love on the Germans?  I'm sure they'd be a lot more into this.  Or how about the French?
Our oil (black love) is being selled in dollars. If that is not the "shower of love" then I don't know what is.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2014, 07:57:35 am »

start selling oil in rubles

this will piss the american government off far more than ukrainian shenanigans

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2014, 08:00:15 am »

Selling oil in a speculation-prone value is not a good idea.

Though the Russia-China deal is supposed to have payments in ruble-yuan or something like that, without filthy usds.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2014, 08:02:02 am »

Selling oil in a speculation-prone value is not a good idea.

Though the Russia-China deal is supposed to have payments in ruble-yuan or something like that, without filthy usds.

swiss franc, then

they're having problems battling deflation as-is

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2014, 08:32:01 am »

Probability of Russian advance raised quite a bit after the summit. Putin is obviously insulted and he is a type of dictator who acts on emotions.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2014, 09:02:48 am »

Poroshenko declaring an economical blockade of Donbass region doesn't help, too.
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2014, 09:09:25 am »

Russia is like a crazy stalker ex, thinking that they have something going with the US when it's obvious to everyone else they dont.
Except, when it comes to US they probably do. Its not a secret, that US is acting in ukraine, from sending/heaving CIA agents to military advisers and probably weapons (but it's more from near nato countries than US directly)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/05/us-sending-advisers-gear-to-ukraine-/10046845/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/melikkaylan/2014/04/16/why-cia-director-brennan-visited-kiev-in-ukraine-the-covert-war-has-begun/
http://rt.com/usa/white-house-confirms-cia-ukraine-448/
http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2014/08/09/cia-intervention-in-ukraine-has-been-taking-place-for-decades/
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-29198497

Make love not war

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2014, 09:12:23 am »

I will tell you a secret. Ukraine is a sovereign country and can invite any advisors, intelligence officers or even armed forces

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2014, 09:14:24 am »

I will tell you a secret. Ukraine is a sovereign country and can invite any advisors, intelligence officers or even armed forces

are you saying that it invited russian armed forces then

HOHOHO~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 62