Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who would've you voted for during the Ukrainian presidental elections?

Petro Poroshenko
- 5 (29.4%)
Yulia Tymoshenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Oleg Lyashko
- 2 (11.8%)
Anatoly Hrytsenko
- 2 (11.8%)
Serhiy Tihipko
- 0 (0%)
Mykhailo Dobkin
- 0 (0%)
Other
- 6 (35.3%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62

Author Topic: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country  (Read 73977 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Ukrainian Crisis Discussion Thread №3: Love your Country
« Reply #856 on: December 09, 2014, 11:50:30 pm »

Our favourite Colones has recently said that:
1) The second round of Minsk talks has been widely confirmed to be about the enforcement of the previous Minsk agreements, not about any further ceasefires.
2) Positional war in Donbass will continue.
3) Surkov wants to give Donbass back to Kiev at all costs. Unsuccessfully so far.
4) The USA is trying to do what it did in the 90s and crumble its geopolitical enemy from within by applying political pressure. - before dismissing this one as "conspiracy theory", please remember all those Cold War shenanigans.
5) German Gref said that Russia's economic recession would've started without any sanctions anyway, and is just a consequence of misguided economic policy. Basically, everything bad with Russian economy right now is caused by stuff completely opposite to what Putin claims it is caused by. - I honestly don't know who's lying here. Colonel appears to be not sure either.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 12:36:43 am by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: December 10, 2014, 12:47:04 am »

So, the Donbass people (Donbassians? Donbassites? Donbassers?) want to join back into Ukraine now? Or maybe it's because I don't know who this Surkov is.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 10, 2014, 01:08:20 am »

So, the Donbass people (Donbassians? Donbassites? Donbassers?) want to join back into Ukraine now? Or maybe it's because I don't know who this Surkov is.
Basically a politician in Donbass who exemplifies the counterproductivity and backstabbiness of the rebel High Command. People, meanwhile, hete Ukraine more than ever, thanks to bombings and such.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: December 10, 2014, 01:11:47 am »

please remember all those Cold War shenanigans.

How many times do you need to report the "Cold War" brain-vomit before opening you eyes and realizing this isn't a cold war?

Russia's GDP is 2 trillion dollars.  Russia has no allies of significance.
The countries that are sanctioning Russia have a combined GDP of about 44 trillion dollars.  Canada alone is about the economic match of Russia.

Russia is about as close to being a superpower as Putin is to winning the Nobel prize in... oh lets say chemistry.  It's not a cold war.  It's a third world shitshow bullying it's neighbors because a temporary tick in commodity prices gave it money to burn.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 10, 2014, 01:15:49 am »

please remember all those Cold War shenanigans.

How many times do you need to report the "Cold War" brain-vomit before opening you eyes and realizing this isn't a cold war?

Russia's GDP is 2 trillion dollars.  Russia has no allies of significance.
The countries that are sanctioning Russia have a combined GDP of about 44 trillion dollars.  Canada alone is about the economic match of Russia.

Russia is about as close to being a superpower as Putin is to winning the Nobel prize in... oh lets say chemistry.  It's not a cold war.  It's a third world shitshow bullying it's neighbors because a temporary tick in commodity prices gave it money to burn.
You know, I think I need to make it clear to you, Mainy - I'm not going to talk to you, or even acknowledge your opinion, until you change your tone. To use your own ad hominem tactics: how many time do you need to be told that this is not a fucking echo chamber for your rabid neocon views.

Everybody who isn't mainiac, please don't take my attack above personally. It wasn't directed at you, and I do respect your opinions.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:38:28 am by Knit tie »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 10, 2014, 01:19:07 am »

You know, I think I need to point it out to you, Mainy - I'm not going to talk to you, or even acknowledge your opinion, until you change your tone.

Dont demand respect in the same breath that you refuse to deserve it.  Want me to stop calling you a blind Russian nationalist?  Then stop acting like it's offensive to point out basic realities.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:25:09 am by mainiac »
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 10, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

You know, I think I need to point it out to you, Mainy - I'm not going to talk to you, or even acknowledge your opinion, until you change your tone.

Dont demand respect in the same breath that you refuse to deserve it.
Don't demand respect in the same breath that you refuse to give it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: December 10, 2014, 01:26:19 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: December 10, 2014, 01:27:22 am »

What I demand is acknowledgement of obvious reality and that you dont insult our intelligence with this stupid "Cold War" crap.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: December 10, 2014, 01:33:45 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Absolutely.

So I suggest you and other reasonable people grab some popcorn and enjoy the срач.

What I demand is acknowledgement of obvious reality and that you dont insult our intelligence with this stupid "Cold War" crap.
What I demand is acknowledgement of obvious rules of politeness and that you don't insult our intelligence with this stupid "every time someone disagrees with my opinion, it's a personal attack and that person is also stupid because I simply cannot be wrong" crap.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: December 10, 2014, 01:37:15 am »

What's to argue?  You aren't interested in the argument, you are just interested in finding the most convenient excuse to ignore it.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: December 10, 2014, 01:41:26 am »

What's to argue?  You aren't interested in the argument, you are just interested in finding the most convenient excuse to ignore it.
And you are interested in getting all pissy and offended whenever somebody disagrees with your views. And then finding the most insulting rhetoric to get back at that person, with plenty of truthiness to boot.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: December 10, 2014, 01:45:57 am »

Because I find it enjoyable seeing how you will immediately dig in on a completely ridiculous argument when mother Russia is under attack.  Even when you didn't even acknowledge the same point made in the past when done without the tone that you insist oh so earnestly is the only reason at all you take this stance.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: December 10, 2014, 01:53:02 am »

Because I find it enjoyable seeing how you will immediately dig in on a completely ridiculous argument when mother Russia is under attack.  Even when you didn't even acknowledge the same point made in the past when done without the tone that you insist oh so earnestly is the only reason at all you take this stance.
I find it enjoyable that you think that people are obliged to be convinced by just one argument of yours. I acknowledged it. I didn't find it convincing, mostly because your entire argument boiled down to "Ukrainian war is just evil and pathetic Russia trying to annex some lands of Ukraine, which is self-evident, period."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:55:14 am by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 62