Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)  (Read 23197 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh: Apocalypse (Permadeath Yugioh RP) (OOC)
« Reply #150 on: January 08, 2015, 09:59:19 pm »

Arcana Knight Joker: ...if this face-up card on the field is targeted by a Spell Card, Trap Card, or monster effect: You can discard the same type of card (Spell, Trap, or Monster Card); negate the effect.

Just a heads-up, she should still have a monster card in her hand by the effect of Reinforcement of the Army, since she hasn't summoned or discarded it. ^_^
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:06:16 pm by Culise »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 08, 2015, 10:12:49 pm »

Just a heads-up, she should still have a monster card in her hand by the effect of Reinforcement of the Army, since she hasn't summoned or discarded it. ^_^

I'm going to try something that could keep that card in hand, if lucky.

Though one question, you can activate a trap before it is destroyed, but the effects of the card used to destroy it (in this case, the discard) will follow through, right?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 08, 2015, 10:20:33 pm »

It kinda depends on the card you're trying to activate.  In general, you can chain (assuming appropriate spell speeds) unless the card being used explicitly states otherwise (e.g., Night Beam), but it won't block the effect of the previous card in the chain unless the card being activated specifically says it negates the effect, or unless it changes the field conditions so that the initial card's effect cannot be carried out (e.g., chaining Dust Tornado to destroy a spell card being targeted by Mystical Space Typhoon). 

EDIT: Woah, whoah, scratch that.  Oddly, Dark World Lightning has a card ruling in place by Konami that states that if the targeted card is face-up at the time the card resolves, its destruction effect cannot take place because the card is no longer set.  If its destruction effect doesn't take place, then the discard effect (being contingent on the first effect) also fails.  Basically, it falls under the second situation above - activating it changes the field so the condition no longer applies.  That is a rather odd ruling, because as per the card text alone, it only needs to target a set card; there is no condition on the actual destruction, but BKSS. 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:28:40 pm by Culise »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2015, 10:39:51 pm »

EDIT: Woah, whoah, scratch that.  Oddly, Dark World Lightning has a card ruling in place by Konami that states that if the targeted card is face-up at the time the card resolves, its destruction effect cannot take place because the card is no longer set.  If its destruction effect doesn't take place, then the discard effect (being contingent on the first effect) also fails.  Basically, it falls under the second situation above - activating it changes the field so the condition no longer applies.  That is a rather odd ruling, because as per the card text alone, it only needs to target a set card; there is no condition on the actual destruction, but BKSS. 

Huh.  That's interesting.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 08, 2015, 10:43:16 pm »

Huh. Yeah, I guess that makes sense, since it specifies a "set" card rather than a Spell/Trap card. That actually makes it a significantly worse card... In general, Culise, if it mentions the target in the effect, I think the effect can't apply if at resolution said target is no longer a valid target. So, since the target is no longer a valid target, the first effect is cancelled, and then I guess the second effect can't go off because of the phrasing "A then B"?

It doesn't matter terribly much here, though, because he can just Trance Archfiend for the discard. Hell, it lets him do more damage.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 08, 2015, 10:48:37 pm »

Ah, I see; I made a mistake in conflating two cases.  Some cards have activation requirements; those are the ones that don't require the requirements to stay met at resolution in general.  Cards with specific targeting requirements, like Dark World Lightning, must indeed still have those requirements fulfilled at resolution in general.  Heavens know why I made that mistake; it's probably been too long since I played. 

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2015, 11:13:21 pm »

DAMN YOU, KONAMI! I can't use Trance Archfiend because Ceruli requires a Dark World effect discard for the secondary effect and Goldd requires a discard due to opponents effect to activate it's second effect. The only card I've got left to counter Arcana Knight Joker off the top of my head is Dark Armed Dragon.

Edit: Well, or Kahkki,  but that'll probably just make her discard a Monster to nullify the effect. Or I could use Dark World Dealings and try the same strategy if it isn't blocked.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 11:32:47 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 11:46:58 pm »

DAMN YOU, KONAMI! I can't use Trance Archfiend because Ceruli requires a Dark World effect discard for the secondary effect and Goldd requires a discard due to opponents effect to activate it's second effect. The only card I've got left to counter Arcana Knight Joker off the top of my head is Dark Armed Dragon.

Edit: Well, or Kahkki,  but that'll probably just make her discard a Monster to nullify the effect. Or I could use Dark World Dealings and try the same strategy if it isn't blocked.

Reign-Beaux could kill him combined with Ceruli. HOWEVER, you do not require Ceruli to be discarded by a Dark World effect. He is Special Summoned by his own effect, and he is a Dark World. And it needs to be the effect that Special Summoned him that's Dark World, not the one that discarded him...
Tsuyoku naritai.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2015, 02:07:25 am »

Huh. Welp, I'm gonna edit my action. Because she may have set her only monster, and I bet the facedown in the Spell/Trap zone is another Good Goblin Housekeeping.

Edit: I see how Reign-Beaux would work, since it is untargeted, but I'll try with what I have. If nothing else, I've got a bigger wall for her to get through.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:14:45 am by Beirus »

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2015, 02:15:40 am »

I wonder if we will fight bots soon...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

Okay, one question has been running through my mind repeatedly, and I would like answered.  How the hell is Grapha not banned?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2015, 08:25:22 pm »

Probably because his secondary effect only activates when he is discarded, and there are other monsters who could take him out in a battle. He's more of an annoyance that keeps coming back, since if he was destroyed once, that monster could probably just destroy him again.

kingofferrets

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferret King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2015, 08:52:56 pm »

Okay, one question has been running through my mind repeatedly, and I would like answered.  How the hell is Grapha not banned?

Pretty much because even with Grapha and Snoww at 3, Dark Worlds are too inconsistent to be relevant. They're also really easily screwed by a Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror or Macro Cosmos in side if they ever do become relevant.
Tsuyoku naritai.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2015, 11:34:24 pm »

Last few things have proven something to me.  I am not fit to run this game.  Not because of time reasons, oh no.  It's that I have barely have any idea what I'm doing.  Not kidding, the newest cards I actually own are, I believe, over 10 years old.  When I last stopped playing (Before a one week joke of deciding to bring in Yugioh cards on the last week of my senior year, roughly May of last year), I had never even heard of GX.  Hell, I thought the anime rules were how the game was supposed to be played.  I had never heard of the limited, semi-limited, or banned lists until I joined Blitz's game last June.  Even if that's looked past, there's one major factor: I suck at collectible card games.  The majority of the rolls so far have been rigged, due to  the decks I build not being that good.  If we used Dueling Network, I'm pretty certain all of you would slaughter me, either from botching deck building, botching strategy, or botching something else.

Summary: Either someone who is actually good at the game needs to take over or start a new game.  I'm not good enough to act as a GM.  Player?  Maybe.  But not GM.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 11, 2015, 07:00:16 am »

I'm sad to hear that :(

I don't want this to die but I don't really have a lot of time at the moment though and no planning for what to do with the plots :p. I suppose I could do it though if no one else wants to, or I could help design decks for you that would be more competitive against the ones the players have.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16