Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dragon: The Game - OP now includes the Dev's plan.  (Read 8228 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Dragon: The Game - OP now includes the Dev's plan.
« on: November 10, 2014, 05:01:40 pm »

Link to the game.

The completed game will include...
Hunt and feast on tribute as you grow more powerful through the years.
Hoard gold, claim a lair and expand your dominance through-out a dragon-sized sandbox fantasy world.
Choose who to help and who to eat. Choose which cities will benefit and thrive under your protection and which will burn...
Customize and improve your dragon. Choose its color, face, look, and abilities. Customize and upgrades your weapons and armor such as scales, breath weapon, bite, tail, and wings.
Single and multi-player modes for all of your dragon co-op and PVP needs; work together in peace or find out whose the top dragon.
Users Mods - There is no way we can make this game great without tapping into the creativity of our players. Integration with Steam Workshop is planned as well.

Current Early Access Features...
Single and multi-player Co-op and PVP
Save and load your dragon
Moddable dragons and maps
Basic combat and RPG mechanics
Fire burns trees, villagers, and wooden buildings
Physics based flight
Real time day-night cycle

Development Roadmap
Dragon is currently in early alpha and we've got a long way to go to make Dragon the game it deserves to be. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as we learn more about the community's needs during our Early Access.

More monsters, wildlife, and fantasy races to populate the world
Quests, story lines, and lore
More and larger worlds to explore and conquer
Randomly generated worlds
Expanded combat and improved NPC AI
More destructible and intractable environments and objects
Additional breath weapons and magic
Updated graphics and physics
Improved sound and music
Awesome new dragon models. Play as different "species" of dragon
Additional RPG mechanics and customization options
Weather effects and natural disasters (volcanoes, tornadoes, etc.)
Expanded mod support
Additional languages and controller support
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:07:27 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Dragons - Play as a dragon in a three dimensional world
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 05:08:18 pm »

Interesting.

Will watch.

((There's something about you and dragons isn't there~?))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 05:15:50 pm »

((There's something about you and dragons isn't there~?))

More mythological creatures in general, but I tend to use dragons as a default for that, as they are the easiest to converse about.

Seriously, name the title of a dragon you have fought in a video game, then try to name the title of another mythological creature.  The former is usually faster.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 05:17:23 pm »

I saw it and it does sound pretty sweet, but I'll wait until it gets a little more robust.  I don't want to spend 15 bucks on a pre-pre-nothing-alpha but hanging out in a cave, sleeping on a pile of gold, burninating a countryside, kidnapping people?  Sounds sweet.

Also it apparently has multiplayer.  Oh man.  I know enough people who like to pretend to be dragons to know the multiplayer is going to be insane.

And not the good kind of insane.
Shoes...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 05:21:38 pm »

And not the good kind of insane.

That's the fun kind of insane though~

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 05:23:09 pm »

This reminded me of that playstation 1 game where you fly around as a heavily pixelated red dragon and burn stuff. It had a storyline I guess, for the life of me I can't remember what it was called and I can't find it on google. Oh well PTW

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:48 pm »

It kind of reminds me of drakan: order of the flame, except without the dumb xena ripoff girl. I'm ok with that. Its too barebones to consider buying atm tho, they should try to at least elaborate on the future features a bit more, right now its just "LOOK, WE'RE GOING TO DO X, YAYS"
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 06:24:51 pm »

If it turns into sort of a Magic Carpet III, where you fly around attacking other dragons' lairs and defending your own, and evolving up more powers (and potentially using gold instead of mana as a resource to fight over), that would be sweet.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 06:28:07 pm »

Oooooh pretty
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 06:31:00 pm »

Found their main site.  Might be able to find more details there.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This reminds me a lot of The I of the dragon game, also a rpg game 9with 3 class of dragons that you could chose from), but with some basic town building

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JxeO8WZW-0
Make love not war

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What sorcery is this? A game about being a dragon? Not one about killing one?

Great. Its so annoying being forced to kill dragons. I hate those kind of games. They never give you an option to NOT kill a dragon. So lame and way too gamey.

Too little gameplay right now though since it looks like it was thrown up on steam access with barely anything developed.

But too rare are the games of being friends dragons or being a dragon.

Heck, I even got a skyrim mod to make all dragons friendly and not attack :D
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found their page on greenlight/early access/whatever a while ago when I was searching for an actual dragon game. From the looks of it, it's not going to be quite what I'm looking for, even though it has the right direction.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile

How do you determine if a game has potential based on the fact it's currently barebones with minimal details in regards to the 'we plan to do X' from the devs?
Back in the before times in the long long ago developers made working prototypes and tech demos to sample the potential of both the game concept and the skill of the developers. Now apparently it's completely fine to throw up 30 minutes of dicking around in Unity with stock resources without any promises that the game with be finished and charge money upfront for it.

I can't purely determine if a game has potential based on some barebones half-baked glorified landscape (which is the biggest and most anti-consumer problem of Early Access) but I do know that the stage where I should be impressed (IE when they demand fucking money for it) I see absolutely nothing redeeming or interesting and for me that speaks volumes of what to expect from the future of the title.
I should be impressed with what the developers have presented instead of being strung along by an interesting premise that will likely never be delivered on.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4