Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coinstar is now an execution device?  (Read 1019 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Coinstar is now an execution device?
« on: November 10, 2014, 08:24:13 am »

I just found I'd left my coinstar bypass active since the last cleaning. Within seconds of deactivating it, using 0.40.15, blood started being spluttered about in it. An examination of the combat reports shows the coins now mutilating the trainees. If this is intended, all references to coinstars should probably be purged from the wiki (with only a warning against it as no longer viable left). It can be noted that my trainees are ordinary civilians, including children, which means they are frequently half naked since they frequently shed their clothing in the dining room at the other side of the coinstar, so it might still be viable for properly equipped military personnel.

Weremammoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Vagabond Tales
Re: Coinstar is now an execution device?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 09:03:51 am »

That was a change made in the newest update.  So, yeah, it probably won't work anymore.  Although you may be right about armored dwarfs being fine. 
This is a forum post.  All work is of the highest quality.  It expresses the thoughts of a particular DF player.  This post is decorated with a frame and avatar.  It menaces with occasional grammatical errors.

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 11:34:30 am »

Toady had a George R. R. Martin mood and changed it on the newest version. He's been waiting for for this very post!

On a real note: seeds might work? quarry bush leaves might work?

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2014, 12:44:10 pm »

What? what version? I'm on 40.15 r2 now.
I just successfully split 500x4 steel coins into 2000x1 coin, and made multiple coin stock piles to get ready and apply coinstar in my day care.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2014, 02:13:19 pm »

0.40.15 as stated in the post. I guess you're using the PyLNP (as I do) to get the r2 at the end.
If you try it in the day care center your dwarves probably will have to get busy to produce replacements, provided they're not sending the fortress into a tantrum spiral of death.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 01:10:23 am »

i think coins got fixed so that they wouldn't harmlessly pass through people
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.