Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Voar  (Read 14159 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Voar
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 04:41:50 pm »

So I just had my first experience with the moon.
Everyone got rekt. I mean everyone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 05:21:25 pm »

I got hit by the bug? that prevents clicks at around 700 points, while at a relatively stable orbit. At around 800, I became leader and kept going until I had a bit above 1000.
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 05:51:34 pm »

I found out that you can press tab to get the leaderboard.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:10 pm »

this is neato-ish.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2014, 05:52:50 pm »

Also, there's a bug where you can sometimes revive just after you die and keep going if you click at the right time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 06:01:25 pm »

I saw Hitler get killed by AIDS once.
I kinda imagine you saying that as some grizzled time/universe traveler drinking whiskey in Callahan's.
(and, yes, I know it's out of character for those stories)
"I have… seen things you people wouldn't believe… Attack ships on fire all crashing into the same Mun. I watched a Hitler get killed by AIDS. All those… moments… will be lost in time, like tears… in… rain."
(And now it's somehow also bladerunner. why?!)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »

* GUNINANRUNIN is evil and likes launching into people who orbit really close to the planet.

I was leader once, and it was glorious. Best time to become leader is after the moon comes in and cleans house a bit.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 06:18:02 pm »

I just locked onto a leader and then someone killed me. I guess they're finally hiring bodyguards. 8)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

* GUNINANRUNIN is evil and likes launching into people who orbit really close to the planet.

I was leader once, and it was glorious. Best time to become leader is after the moon comes in and cleans house a bit.
I saw you be leader.  And I tried to kill you despite my moderate score.  I'm finding it irritating to always go for points or killing the leader so I do both :/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 07:23:33 pm »

I saw you be leader.  And I tried to kill you despite my moderate score.  I'm finding it irritating to always go for points or killing the leader so I do both :/
If you mean earlier today, then that was my SECOND time being leader! :D I crashed into the asteroid unfortunately. :C

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 07:37:49 pm »

I like watching the people who hammer the mouse so they go rocketing straight out at monumental speed. I use the name treemeister for this (like everything these days), and have yet to be leader, although I was close once.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 07:40:35 pm »

The trick to being the leader is to play rather conservativly, eventually, everyone with more points than you will die.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2014, 11:49:41 pm »

Also, there's a bug where you can sometimes revive just after you die and keep going if you click at the right time.

I think it's due to desync.

sirboomalot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »

Been playing this every now and then as Tymbrimi Scout, and have found that elliptical orbits can be useful when there are less than 30 or so ships around, letting you zoom in and out of the inner orbits without as much risk of getting hit in those orbits. Clicking when headed towards the planet generally makes your orbit less elliptical while clicking when headed away from the planet can make your orbit more elliptical.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2014, 02:23:46 am »

The trick to being the leader is to play rather conservativly, eventually, everyone with more points than you will die.

not really, moon will come eventually so you won't reach the thousands if you just play in the outer sphere.

but I guess making the first 500 point in the first and then the second 500 in the second before going outer would work
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7