Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Voar  (Read 14147 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Voar
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2014, 08:08:48 pm »

I managed to be leader for a long while during a moon time by doing weird 8 runs around earth and moon untill gravity messed me up and catapulted me to the edge of the map. JEWS IN SPACE, greatest leader.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 08:28:34 pm »

Oh man, I know so many of you are playing now. I'm EscapeFerocity, btw.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »

Everyone seems to get really angry about this game, but I think its relaxing to set up a nice orbit and just zoom in.
Maybe it was the music I was listening to, but eh. Fun game either way.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 10:33:42 pm »

This makes me think of the videogame room in Ender's Game.  All sorts of tactics 'games' which were all tests for tactical and orbital nous.

A conspiracy (lizards, illuminati, religious, lemurians, ancient aliens, NWO, Old Ones, etc.) has discovered alien invaders and is scouting for human brains to shove into mine and missile guidance systems.

You'd do best to pretend ineptitude or the black helicopters will find you.

:P

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 10:42:51 pm »

I tried this once, didn't like it. No offense intended towards people who do.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 10:47:24 pm »

This makes me think of the videogame room in Ender's Game.  All sorts of tactics 'games' which were all tests for tactical and orbital nous.

A conspiracy (lizards, illuminati, religious, lemurians, ancient aliens, NWO, Old Ones, etc.) has discovered alien invaders and is scouting for human brains to shove into mine and missile guidance systems.

You'd do best to pretend ineptitude or the black helicopters will find you.

:P

Naw. That's The Last Starfighter.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 11:29:59 pm »

This would be a fun mobile game.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 11:45:18 pm »

I... I just kind of ended up in a beautiful counterclockwise orbit after that moon just passed...
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 12:18:37 am »

This would be a fun mobile game.
It worked on my phone's web browser earlier today.

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2014, 02:29:56 am »

I managed to go counter-clockwise earlier, I don't really know how (other than going from a low orbit to a high one). I got back into the low orbit, and managed to make 2 whole turns before getting hit in the face.
Felt like I was on the wrong side of the highway ._.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 03:50:31 am »

I love the time when the dark planet comes by and everyone dies - leaders become guys with 300 points, instead of 1 500.

Just me or do you seem to get points faster near earth?

Also this would be fun with extra planets/orbital astroids/costumships

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2014, 04:03:03 am »

Points increase faster near the earth, yes. Haven't really tried to count properly but it seems to go from around 25 points per second to 1 point per second at max range. Going counterclockwise isn't really possible without the moon's influence as far as I can tell. I'd love to be able to choose launch angle and power, as well as launch starting position of course.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 07:53:32 am »

i'd love mouse click not to add an angle to your trajectory. Also, a slow button and a click cooldown 

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 08:02:31 am »

I think a slow button would defeat the point of the game, really.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 08:19:52 am »

I think a slow button would defeat the point of the game, really.
how about a "forward" and a "sideways" button? (the button moves you left, and Mun have mercy on you if you were going counterclockwise.) That should make leader hunting/surviving more dramatic and give the initial start more variance. BTW, I'm assuming we don't have CIT, so does anyone know the autor's website or at least twitter/email?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7