Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Wikipedia Article Warfare [Round 10: Alliances]  (Read 21005 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Article Warfare [Round 7: Faygo Fiasco]
« Reply #240 on: June 03, 2015, 02:25:43 am »

'Whu...
Ho...
How. Just, how.'
Okay,  everyone, TO THE HOSPITAL! It'll provide good cover and treatments!

Should have specified, I guess, I mean that the Juggalo group and me are going to try to find a hospital, then fortify it after clearing it out.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Article Warfare [Round 8: Flight of the Salsa]
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2015, 10:54:27 am »

Round 8: Flight of the Salsa

Salsacookies is in a cool fighter jet, so why not bomb the shit out of some people? A sweep of the surrounding area reveals Execute and his army of Juggalos marching down the street towards the center of town. Salsacookies flips a few switches and lets loose with the air-to-surface missile supply. [9 VS. 2] There's not any cover for the Juggalos in the middle of the road, so the first wave of missiles utterly decimates their ranks. Limbs and entrails of Juggalos mix with the Faygo spraying everywhere in the midst of the explosions. Execute flees in a panic, but the second batch of missiles catches him and a group of fellow Juggalos, turning them into an unrecognizable pile of evil clown parts. When Salsa completes his attack, the few remaining Juggalos disperse, running into the woods.
Execute and his Juggalo Army have been tactically strike'd by Salsacookies!
He Gains the Article: Royal Aruban Airlines

NAV haggles with the pawn shop owner but ultimately decides to keep her chair. She drags her children outside, looking for a payphone, only to find that they've become extinct here as well (if Crettyard, a hamlet of 1,337 people, ever needed a payphone in the first place). She finds a public phone in a nearby community center, so that's close enough, and she doesn't even have to pay. [6] Unlike Micelus's loser right-wing nationalist friends, NAV is able to get a hold on a few ex-IRA buddies she knew from back in the day. After explaining her cause, they agree to come to Crettyard and will arrive in town in [1 Turn].

Micelus tells the bureaucrat about how several different armed forces have landed in Crettyard, and that the army has to come soon and stop this, otherwise the American airstrike will kill everyone in...the phone line suddenly goes dead. Those guys at the national office sure can be assholes sometimes. In other news, Micelus also gets cleared for release from the hospital.

Person and his squadron move on out, down the ladder on the restaurant rooftop and begin scouring the streets looking for combatants, with a priority to anyone armed. Person spots NAV in the community center talking on the phone, and identifies her as a combatant. One of the soldiers reacts with surprise, "Shit, really? That's just some lady with two kids. Is that what you're up against? If this is your competition, this shit should be easy," he says with a snicker. Snickering is cut short when a loud series of explosions rocks the surroundings. The squad looks down the road and sees a combat jet flying around from a bunch of debris. Lieutenant Daniels looks at the aircraft with through his extended scope, "That looks like a F/A-18 Hornet. How the fuck-?"

Kevak looks around at all the surrounding bullshit. After seeing the Juggalos getting wrecked by a jet, he decides the best course of action is to run for the countryside and not look back. [4] He runs and gets a little bit away from all the chaos but is still in Crettyard's Hamlet limits. He bends over, panting; maybe he should have taken more Cardio-building classes instead of Advanced River Construction and Polish War Tactics.

[3] The sweet porridge retracts further into the school.

Spoiler: Kevak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High Tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2015, 11:05:26 am »

Keep running!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:44 pm »

"Indeed. I'm not sure how they got their hands on that sort of hardware, but I think you understand now. If anyone has anti-aircraft weapons, now would be the time. Assault rifles won't cut it here, but if that's all we have, we might as well hope for a lucky shot."

Order my men to spread out across the area, and assault the aircraft by any means necessary. We'll need to use cover to our advantage.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2015, 06:06:19 pm »

"You're not going to kill me? Maybe we should team up, I have a squad of my own on the way."

Defend myself with the chair if necessary.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2015, 06:14:31 pm »

Fly over to that Bothy I have
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wikipedia Article Warfare [Round 9: Run to the Hills]
« Reply #246 on: June 08, 2015, 11:15:51 pm »

Round 9: Run to the Hills

With the last missile dropped upon the Juggalos, Salsacookies flies towards the Bothy on his map for a break. The sky is clear and there aren't any huge buildings or structures in Crettyard to be hazards so flying should be easy...wait, is that a helicopter? [4+1] Salsa turns the plane at the last minute, and nearly manages to escape without a scratch, but his right wing ends up clipping the rotary blades of the transport helicopter. [6+1] Salsacookies stabilizes his flight even with his plane drifting towards one direction during the flight. With a couple minutes he is forced into a somewhat bumpy landing, in the rolling hills of rural Ireland. Getting out of his damaged jet, he stands in front of the Bothy, a simple stone shelter in this quiet landscape, far from civilization.

Person orders his soldiers to fight the F/A-18 by any means necessary, even without anti-aircraft weaponry. Just as the plane comes by, it's zips past faster than the soldiers can shoot can hits the transport helicopter before flying out of combat range. The transport-helo, with its rotary blades severely damaged, is forced to land onto the street. The pilot gets out and runs to Person an Daniels.
"The Heli is down until it can be repaired, but I think he also hit me when he was coming through. He couldn't have sustained long-term flight with a crippled plane, so either he crashed somewhere or has landed by now. He was headed towards the North when he passed..."

Kevak takes some deep breaths and continues to run for the countryside. [9] Kevak runs, he runs so far away, never looking back at where he came from. By the time his run is complete, he can no longer see the hamlet of Crettyard, deep into the landscape. No sign of anyone else, and as a bonus, there's even a cute little Bothy nearby! And a combat jet parked next to the Bothy, which is an odd touch.

NAV overhears the military dudes outside saying that they won't actually kill her, and leaves the community center to talk to them, asking about forming an alliance. Despite her diplomacy, she keeps a grip on one of the legs of the Bejeweled Chair.

[6] The school overflows with sweet porridge once more.

Spoiler: Kevak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NAV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salsacookies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: micelus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: High Tyrol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Person (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:01:28 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:16 pm »

Figure out what a bothy is. As well as a switchblade pistol.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2015, 12:01:50 am »

Figure out what a bothy is. As well as a switchblade pistol.

One is a public shelter house, the other is a grammatical error.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2015, 12:09:14 am »

Can I has a pistol that shoots switchblades?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2015, 02:02:15 am »

Meet up with my ex-IRA buddies who should be here any second.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2015, 02:04:29 am »

"Your assistance would be appreciated."

After that plane! To the North! If anyone is particularly good at helicopter repairs, they can stay behind. I'll like at least half of the soldiers with me at a minimum. NAV can come with us, if they try to attack, we will retaliate.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2015, 02:20:23 am »

Prepare Belgian marble for battle. Otherwise, ask if my friend would like to be a guest in my secret Bothy.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2015, 05:00:30 am »

((Shit I missed a turn again ;_;))

Analysing the situation, I try to get back to my missile system and shoot down any aircraft I find, save any helicopters.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 09, 2015, 09:18:33 am »

"Your assistance would be appreciated."

After that plane! To the North! If anyone is particularly good at helicopter repairs, they can stay behind. I'll like at least half of the soldiers with me at a minimum. NAV can come with us, if they try to attack, we will retaliate.
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Military Strategy provides bonuses to larger scale operations, something like a plan to clear out a building or flanking a certain position.
There may be secret shenanigans going on, though secret actions require stealth rolls. If the stealth rolls fail, cover is blown and retaliation can happen, and even worse, you become very embarrassed to have been discovered.

Can I has a pistol that shoots switchblades?

When your character invents one, sure.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18