Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 71048 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Open Roll 8
« Reply #375 on: December 15, 2014, 11:43:49 am »

((Sentient fungi? Hell no.))
((Hell yeah! DivideByZero, those are pretty cool. Also, read that in Breen's voice.))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 15, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »

((Watch out for Mycon Deep Children))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 15, 2014, 01:02:50 pm »

Put it all back and take the box back to the chemist.

((They're not technically funguses, their biology just resembles it the most because of the dark cavern lifestyle but remember that this is an alien planet with completely a completely different environment. Humans like to classify things.))

((Hell yeah! DivideByZero, those are pretty cool. Also, read that in Breen's voice.))

(( :) ))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 01:05:49 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 15, 2014, 01:18:39 pm »

((Yeah, one of my pet peeves in sci-fi is when people say things like "I can't tell if alien is mammal or reptile, so it could be a theraspid" or "The alien is more closely related to Y Earth species than X Earth species" or "Alien that resembles X earth species can't possibly be like that, it's entirely outside the biology of X!"))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 15, 2014, 02:07:00 pm »

Eh, I don't need them knowing my goal, I think they'll be useful though.

Look for a means of getting to Burgundian Academy.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 16, 2014, 09:23:21 am »

((@DBZ: I should ask, when we know we've actually accomplished our mission in the main mission thread? :P Does it just go on until we decide to leave?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Open Roll 9
« Reply #381 on: December 18, 2014, 02:51:42 am »

((Gah I thought I posted this earlier today. Really sorry for the delay!))

((@DBZ: I should ask, when we know we've actually accomplished our mission in the main mission thread? :P Does it just go on until we decide to leave?))

((It will be finished when you extract from the mission after having completed your objective.))

Port Newton, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Askarian Shores
Snow (Low visibility. Actions toward distant objects incur a small penalty based on distance)
Freezing Wind (-1 to all actions when exposed)

Wipe my visor. Get a heavy object. Bash said object against Orion's skull, and drag his body to the drop, and throw him down.

Initiative:
[2] Hal
  • Orion (Incapacitated)
  • [1] vs (3) You look for a heavy object. A heavy duty wrench should do. You heft one over from the supply closet and bash Orion's head with it. His face is noticeably disfigured... but no matter what you can't dent his head. The wrench keeps pinging off as if the head were a solid chunk of metal.

Oh well.

[1/4] You drag Orion's body over to one of the gaps in the floor next to the motors, where a cable wrapped around a pulley (on the motor's axis) extends into. You dump Orion over the rail, and hear a thud as he lands on the floor below. Looking closer, you see that there is a floor below yours with several large gears and axles spanning across the length of the room, disappearing into large bearings on the wall. There is a set of stairs at the side of the motor room which leads to the gear room.

After you dump the body, however, the fisherman from before gets up, and sees you peering over the edge. He calls attention to his crew via phone, four of which arrive to his aid. He calls you out.

"What are you doing, man? What did the guy do to you?"

Habitat Ship Gamma, Askarian Orbit | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Urban Station
City Manners (-1 Diplomacy during first impressions)

Put it all back and take the box back to the chemist.

The chemist re-calibrates the catalyzer and performs the tasks requested of him.

Gained 2x Incapacitating Grenade

Outside the building, an electric truck containing several dozen balloon-like objects in a net on the back drives by. The rounded starships from above appear to be disengaging from the docking clamps. Perhaps they are too large and fragile to match speed with the docking pier, which due to its position on a rotating vessel is designed mainly for shuttle-type craft and small tugs that are structurally sound enough to dock. It's almost impossible to dock a battleship with the outer part of a rotating station.

The vessels hover in place, although from your perspective they appear to be spinning around over the habitat. They send out a pair of shuttles--gleaming white dots, from your view, which travel down to the surface of the station. Then, one of them explodes upon landing.

Hilbert Station, George Orbit | 235d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Lawful Station
Quiet (+1 Intellect, -1 Stealth)

The ships are all docked in the center of the station. Humans are too unskilled to dock with the rotating part of their station, so they resort to creating a stationary mooring point that transfers people to the edges of the station and back via elevator.

[3] Fortunately for you, the elevator room has a large holographic board much like the one on the Guild ship, which contains news broadcasts, bounty reports, and a list of outbound passenger starships, which just happens to have a single craft labelled as heading to Burgundy: The Excelsior, a large tug.

The freelancers on the elevator clearly reject your proposal. Getting in the elevator with them might not be the brightest idea as humans tend to assume their presumptions are always correct. However, the clock is ticking: The excelsior leaves in a few minutes!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Open Roll 9
« Reply #382 on: December 18, 2014, 03:47:28 am »

Is one of the landing positions close by? If so, then head there. If multiple are, the closest OR the one that exploded are preferable.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 18, 2014, 09:46:20 am »

"This is a mind controlling android who is wanted by the authorities for several murders. And guess what, the police don't really mind how this fucker feels if ge plans on killing more people."
Try to tie Orion down with something and investigate the switch on his head. Also, check whether is he still alive.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 18, 2014, 10:23:18 am »

Letting them know one part of my plan wont be so bad, as long as i don't tell them I'm going to end this war with what I'm doing.

"I don't care for whatever you might be after at the academy, I'm going there to get to someone with the name Richard Etcher. Or as I call him; Dick Etcher.
The way I see it we would all benefit from more people at the academy, more strain on the security. You can do your thing, I can do mine.
"

Make sure the assault rifle is locked and loaded (in case things get violent) and enter the elevator.

Edit: Take note if any of them has optical implants or non-organic means of visual perception (anything that can see infra-red).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 02:09:55 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Open Roll 9
« Reply #385 on: December 18, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

Port Newton, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Askarian Shores
Snow (Low visibility. Actions toward distant objects incur a small penalty based on distance)
Freezing Wind (-1 to all actions when exposed)

"This is a mind controlling android who is wanted by the authorities for several murders. And guess what, the police don't really mind how this fucker feels if ge plans on killing more people."
Try to tie Orion down with something and investigate the switch on his head. Also, check whether is he still alive.

"Didn't seem like that bad a guy until you showed up..." says the fisherman.
One of his crew points out, "Okay then, get his body off the ship or else inspections are gonna go rough."
"I'm not totally convinced, but given that the boy did manipulate me to fight this stranger... I will let it slide. Toss the body into the ocean."

You head down to the next level. The massive, exposed gears in this room are turning slowly, and you almost trip over an axle! Having dodged an unfortunate accident, you locate Orion's body and flip the switch repeatedly.
Nothing happens.

You stick the body in a bag. It doesn't seem like an android, to be totally honest, and if it were he would have to be made of very light materials. His skull is the only part that happens to be extremely hard.

The ship sways a bit in the waves.

Habitat Ship Gamma, Askarian Orbit | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Urban Station
City Manners (-1 Diplomacy during first impressions)

Is one of the landing positions close by? If so, then head there. If multiple are, the closest OR the one that exploded are preferable.

They are in fact on the petal opposite the ship. The ship is subdivided into five large, petal-like structure such that it opens up while thrusting. This is used to maintain standard gravity, although during periods of thrust the gravity does become noticeably higher near the front of the ship where all the petals are spread out from each other. 

You head up to the crash site using the Guild's official shuttle taxi, designed to get around the inconvenience of separating the ship into five divisions.

Crash Site
Confusion (-1 to your first initiative roll)

The site is not pretty. The second shuttle landed, but currently hasn't let its passengers descend. The first shuttle, the one that exploded, is strewn about its landing site, having undergone explosive decompression of some sort. There is a patch of red goo in front of you, although you care not to step on it.

Law enforcement and Guild associates alike are investigating the area, weapons prepared. Medical personnel look for injured beings among the debris.

You tune in to the radio channel currently used by the one dropship that is still together. It seems that, as usual, people are trying to shift the blame onto each other. Humanity, why!

There are three major voices present.
A law enforcement officer of some sort
A guild official, probably a tactician
An alien, speaking from the landed dropship

"Much oxygen do you breath!?" The alien's patterns of speech are confusing to you, and the broken English does not help.
"As much as any other oxygen-breathing race. Yours is an outlier."
"No warnings!"
"Well, the standard atmosphere for starships is 75 kPa, with about a third oxygen. It's so well-known that even the races that don't breath much oxygen tend to run it on their ships for the sake of human passengers. Look at Chlorans, for example."
"Its standard for you. Look at what you've done. Ignorance!"
"I really don't think this discussion is getting anywhere."

Hilbert Station, George Orbit | 235d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Lawful Station
Quiet (+1 Intellect, -1 Stealth)

Some of the freelancers immediately respond through laughter. Good for them, if they enjoy themselves and you finish your objective that is fine.

[1/5] The woman with the lens on her eye, on the other hand, makes sure to remind everyone that they are not to associate with you in any way.
"Okay look you red-haired brat, stay away from us after we get off the elevator or I'll deal with you myself. You're not screwing up our plans."

The elevator arrives at the center of the station. Now in free fall, its passengers float out. You, on the other hand, leap out right away so that you can get to the Excelsior. However, while you stay put and right yourself so you can look at the signs (you flipped upside down as you launched yourself out the elevator), you notice the party of freelancers heading to Pier 31. The billboard reads: Pier 31 -- Excelsior -- 13 min.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 18, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »

If I can procure a boat, get to civilization, and open up my comms to the Guild.

"This is Hal Jordan, I have managed to track down this... "Orion". I am ready to turn him in, but I am in the middle of nowhere and I need some means of transport. Anyone willing to help? I am on the surface of Askaria, on a ship, more specifically.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 18, 2014, 03:50:28 pm »

((Great time for a KX9 retrieval ship to show up~))

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I presume this where we are supposed to post the Character sheets. Feel free to be a critic I am kind of new at this.)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:06:47 pm by Ama »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:25 pm »

((Great time for a KX9 retrieval ship to show up~))

((Backstories have bounds.))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(I presume this where we are supposed to post the Character sheets. Feel free to be a critic I am kind of new at this.)

((OOC ahead))

The main issue I see is the description of your race as mushrooms. How did they build spheres in the first place if they are just purple mushrooms? Are they normally plump helmet men that have biologically augmented themselves?

Me and Hugo just discussed comparisons to Earth species. A race developed on another world is very unlikely to actually be part of the actual Fungi kingdom from Earth, but they can share current traits. If they share similar biological traits, what about their home world caused fungus-like creatures to be the dominant organism over others?

Also, do you mean their planet was destroyed as in "bombed to hell and back" or "gravitationally scattered"?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:44:26 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 49