Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 71020 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - Galactic Goose Chase
« Reply #300 on: November 21, 2014, 02:14:19 pm »

((You best discipline them then. Are you going to do a thing like Einsteinian Roulette and have people 'back at base' doing stuff too, or just leave them in limbo?))

((The issue is that I really don't have enough time to have 8+ characters in a game. If there are enough people in the waitlist I could start the intermission early in order to set up the next mission, and then run the next mission at that time. How's that?))

Important Edit: The way the game works has been refined since it started. As of this edit:
-The game is mission based, so six players will be selected for a mission and then sent on that mission.
-The rest of the players can still play during a mission, and will generally have separate 'Limbo Rolls' that aren't timed with 'Mission Rolls'.
-If you wish to join the game, feel free to make a character and post that you are interested. New characters are prioritized for missions.
-Otherwise, mission slots are randomly filled in.
-If for whatever reason you don't want to join any missions, you can swap places with someone of your choosing.

((So what this means is that you can play, and new players can trickle in, getting involved in whatever tangents you wish, and most likely having an effect on the mission guys indirectly.

SaberToothTiger, if your character wants to go off and chase Orion, you can do that if you are interested. Just hold on while we get everyone together and I'll post two rolls: Gate Crash Roll 1 and Open Roll 1))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:24:07 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 21, 2014, 02:22:30 pm »

((Uhm, kinda interested in this, mind if I make a character?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 21, 2014, 02:26:04 pm »

((Uhm, kinda interested in this, mind if I make a character?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((You came just as I decided new players can start playing right away :D

Look out for Open Roll 1

A Reminder to everyone else: If you are part of mission 1, please state if your character expressly wants to bring certain items into the megacity.
If you are not part of mission 1, state if you are interested in playing an open-world game until the next mission.
))
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 02:28:20 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Mission 1 starting
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:43 pm »

Deuce Gear:

((Not sure about how much you're looking for, so consider this an ordered priority list.  Anything that would cause suspicion can be struck out.))

A small nonlethal melee weapon; a stunrod, sap, nightstick, something like that.
Combat knife
Small blaster; whatever bog-standard energy sidearm there is, favoring compactness
A flashbang
Incendiary grenade
Any other small explosive charges that would fit
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Open Roll 1
« Reply #304 on: November 21, 2014, 03:14:19 pm »

Port Newton, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Quote from: Gamerlord

It seems the others are packing up. Staying here on this frozen rock is probably not the best of ideas, but you already came down, so tagging along would have been a completely pointless affair if you just go back with them.

You're pretty sure that reasoning is fallacious in some way.

You'll probably get sent back to Habitat Gamma when you board the shuttle. The mission team will then board a different craft after preparations and transfer to Arial's ship, Endurance. You'd be a valuable asset on the mission, however, and you're not sure why the Guild insists on six man infiltration teams. It's almost like Central Planning uses dice to decide these things.

Askarian Shores
Snow (Low visibility. Actions toward distant objects incur a small penalty based on distance)
Freezing Wind (-1 to all actions when exposed)

Quote from: SaberToothTiger
((Pondering loading, but will get a mini-turn out in the meantime))

Deuce sighed and shook his head.  "Really, man?  I ought to make you stay and fix it yourself, but fine.  Keep holding it."

Go check the cabinets for the local caulk equivalent.  Fix it up while Hal holds it down.

Deuce: [6/1] You open up the cabinet and find a canister of industrial-grade sealant. Perfect for sealing leaks in pressure vessels! You fix the hatch to the elevator while Hal holds in, then proceed on your way.

Hal :Now that Deuce is through, you can either look for a way to get through yourself, or go back and track Orion. It looks like you won't be joining the infiltration mission, and Guild operatives are trained to work alone, so as long as you find a way to contact the Guild in the future there won't be penalties if you were to stay on the planet longer than everyone else.

Habitat Ship Gamma, Askarian Orbit | 233d/3008AD | Von Hapsburg System

Urban Station
City Manners (-1 Diplomacy during first impressions)

The Guild's habitat ships are massive flying cities that support the Guild logistically. Its manufactories pump out enough ammunition and equipment to rival the navy of an entire colony world. Mercenary companies tend to swell in size the more successful they are, attracting new recruits that bring with them new ideas and skills. But a mercenary company is not just about getting new recruits... it much resembles the guilds of old, in which people of a certain trade would band together and stand up for each other, directing their work for the good of the guild. Here is where the Guild gets its name.

The cityships resemble a flower of sorts, spinning on axis to provide artificial gravity. When the ship is under thrust, the 'petals' swing outward in order to accommodate the new acceleration vector. As such, the citizens on each ship enjoy a relatively peaceful life much like on a planet, although the occasional red alert tends to shake things around a bit and sometimes knocks down a building. The atmosphere is kept in by giant walls around the habitable area of each petal, which are known as 'Divisions' A through E.

Each division has its own spacedock, located at the front of the vessel in order to keep it away from the radiation of the ship's reactor and drive. Distance is, after all, the best defense. The back of the ship's habitable zone is peppered with industrial buildings, generally operated robotically or by hazmated workers. The radiation levels there are still fairly low, but in the case of a loss of containment it is prudent to wear protection in the danger zone.

Quote from: Happy Demon

You exit one of twelve airlocks on your section of the dock into a large structure resembling an airport. The dock is divided into eight 'piers,' each containing a set of internal airlocks used to protect the station in case a ship docks improperly and makes a mess. The ships themselves dock much further toward the front of the ship, attaching first to docking clamps and then unloading passengers using boarding tunnels attached to the ship's airlocks. Transports and tugs generally have their cargo removed in-vacuum, which is then transferred to a warehouse as the crew passes customs.

The habitat ships are generally flooded with traders, rival mercenary contractors, and bounty hunters no matter where they are parked. Some captains go out of their way to track the Guild fleet wherever it goes, and stop by for access to its fair customs department, low tariffs, and guaranteed cargo security. Citizenship and immigration are not a concept to the Guild, which is a nongovernmental entity, and so many individuals simply stay on the habitat ship and never leave, acting for all intents and purposes as citizens of a navy-controlled colony.

Spear slung over your back, you browse the headlines on the volumetric displays crowding out the open space in the ceiling. This region is commonly used for advertising, news, and bounty offers.

You notice one pop up right before your eyes. A bounty on a young man named 'Orion' at large in Port Newton, Askarian, with short but thick straight black hair, a metallic glint beneath his hair over his left ear, and a very unusual facial expression. For a human, that is. It looks like he is sneering, but at the same time trying to make multiple other facial expressions using different portions of his face. Probably got faulty augments.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 05:44:31 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Mission 1 starting - Open Roll 1
« Reply #305 on: November 21, 2014, 04:24:51 pm »

McMarlo™ loadout:

A very tiny, very fashionable Star-Pistol™, easy to hide. Preferably single shot, but a really flashy single shot,

Sleek Spacecoat™ that accentuates my feathers with shadow-imatech bioweave™.

Spaceglasses™ with stealthy audio and visual recording software and 1000 Spacebytes™ of data download capacity. Emergency short duration oxygen providing avian-mask function included!

Guild Gold Card™ for those misc. expenses. Very limited account. Makes a *ffffling* sound when drawn from a wallet, attracting onlookers.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:33:22 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2014, 04:42:27 pm »

((Proooobably shouldn't use the guild gold card. We are trying to infiltrate remember~?))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »

((I'm infiltrating with style!

Also, my character is a popular trademarked image. Everybody whose anybody knows The McMarlo!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2014, 05:07:21 pm »

((I doooo't think you qualify as a good person to infiltrate if you're easily recognizable~))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 21, 2014, 05:10:41 pm »

((Though wouldn't he only be recognizable as a member of a batch of 10,000 clones?))
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 21, 2014, 05:13:29 pm »

((It's called hiding in plain sight. No one would ever expect a McMarlo to cause trouble!))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 21, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »

Alright, since this is getting crowded, I've decided to split the first mission off into its own thread. You can find it here. In the future, use this thread for general RP, non-mission actions, OOC, and new player sign-ups. If you are in the first mission, you should use that thread, although any OOC questions (stuff like tech discussions, mechanics questions, etc) should go here.

Copying your loadout over to the new thread will also help.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 06:25:12 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 21, 2014, 05:58:31 pm »

Is it possible for an alien species to have biological access to a otherwise hard to reach form of energy and convert it into physical effects through various means such and words or symbols meant to focus the mind? ((In other words a sci fi explaination for magic.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 21, 2014, 06:13:50 pm »

((If your character can manipulate a hard-to-reach form of energy, where does it come from? How does the alien tap it? How does it get transferred from one place to another?

Basically, you can invent magic, but it has to work in some defined way, and it has to have some sort of weakness that makes it balanceable. otherwise, go wild.))
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49