Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70919 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - The Pain Train™
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2014, 12:00:00 am »

Spoiler: Latica (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 01:20:55 am by Objective »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2014, 12:15:27 am »

Fuel is relatively cheap for KX9, we don't exactly use money outside of transactions with other civs. If Valrak or I needed a pickup, we could just ping at the nearest Denworld and have them send a droneship.

Also why haven't you gotten a bioaug or implant that lets you inhale oxygen? It's not like the ones KX9 are willing to sell aren't particularly expensive, the cost is just four times the materials needed to build them or an equivalent level of power. Probs could get one for free if you let Researchcore have a look at you, pretty sure your race isn't catalogued yet.

"It's not quite that simple. You respiratory types tend to take a few things for granted... no offense. For starters, an outer coating that retains internal moisture. I risk dessication if I emerge from water for long. And then there's the buoyancy. We aren't really adapted for supporting our own weight outside of water. Crawling around here would be quite uncomfortable, to say the least. I've donned a pressure suit to try out the walking life a few times in the past, and each time never made it very far."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:44:30 am by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2014, 12:28:34 am »

I have taken pictures of the von Hapsburg system and posted them here. These come from SpaceEngine, go check that out!

Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

((FML))

On top of the pinging at WARDEN, Nerin does a second ping to see if there are other KX9 in the system.

((Likely at least a 49e or 35 in a research facility or two, maybe even an 18 paired with a 35, maybe 37's or 59's in security forces. Possibly a 51 in sec or military forces.))

((
Spoiler: Geneline 49e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 35 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 18 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 59 (click to show/hide)

((Kevak... I appreciate your eagerness, but I would avoid sticking your race into too many places at once. It's only 1000 years into the future, so it's highly unlikely for there to be billions of KX9's on just any old planet. They'd have to make some serious, erm, reproductive efforts.

You can create your own systems and populate them as you wish! I have no problem with that, although I'd try to keep population counts low since raw physical manpower isn't really in demand when you have futuristic automation technology. Millions of people is considered a major population center, hundreds of thousands is the largest nonhabitable worlds usually get, a place like Askarian might have just tens of thousands, etc.))
((Some of the various Geneline's reproduction is quite rapid you know~ Outside a Denworld there are likely to be at most a handful per populated system. Often just one or two or even none. I see it as maybe 250-300 years since GenTek began experiments, which is more then enough time for the rapid ones to build numbers.))

Fuel is relatively cheap for KX9, we don't exactly use money outside of transactions with other civs. If Valrak or I needed a pickup, we could just ping at the nearest Denworld and have them send a droneship.

Also why haven't you gotten a bioaug or implant that lets you inhale oxygen? It's not like the ones KX9 are willing to sell aren't particularly expensive, the cost is just four times the materials needed to build them or an equivalent level of power. Probs could get one for free if you let Researchcore have a look at you, pretty sure your race isn't catalogued yet.

"It's not quite that simple. You respiratory types tend to take a few things for granted... no offense. For starters, an outer coating that retains internal moisture. I risk dessication if I emerge from water for long. And then there's the buoyancy. We aren't really adapted for supporting our own weight outside of water. Crawling around here would be quite uncomfortable, to say the least. I've donned a pressure suit to try out the walking life a few times in the past, and each time never made it very far."
Exoskeleton?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2014, 12:43:55 am »

"Funny you should mention it. An old friend of mine was working on an ambulatory exoskeleton suit. Last I checked, though, it was nowhere near our natural flexibility. I'd once considered sticking legs on this machine, but it would have made it far bulkier. Tell me, does this researchcore have any presence around here? I'm under a sort of obligation to contact new scientific entities."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

No, you'd have to get permission to visit a Denworld, pretty rare for a non KX9 to be allowed to enter outside of emergency repairs or refueling. Although being potentially uncatalogued might get you temporary entry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll 2
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2014, 01:14:02 am »

Roll 3
Intermission

Port Newton Bar, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD

Von Hapsburg System

Port Newton Bar
Medium Chatter (+1 to deception, -1 to intellect)

Ask the manager about the location of the vendor.

"That would be Maximilian de Cartara. I'd give him a call if I could, but this place don't got no connection. He's a freelance trader, buyin' goods for cheap and sellin' for gold."

"Okay, okay, I get it, no fighting in the bar.  I'll have another then."  He shot his drink down, then looked at the bartender.  "Guess you want us to take it outside, then?"

"Wuzzat? I never said nothin'. Never seen this happen before..."

Orion flicks the switch a fourth time.

"I am amused."

He walks back toward his table, continuing to chuckle. By now, Ziggo's already walked off with the loot.

"You obviously don't know what... err, who you're dealing with. I consider this already settled."

He sits down and reaches for his bag and realizes it's open. He bends down beneath the table to look for its contents, thinking they've fallen out.

Nidoma walks over to pick up the red bead that rolled underneath the bench; examining it before flicking it at the head of the bozo who dropped it. Letting out a sigh she wanders off to find her commanding officer.
'At least it isn't the Conscript Legion.'

((Note: Arial is not part of the guild.))

You approach the bench the bead rolled under and hear it still rolling. You catch it as it emerges from the other side and give it a strong flick. (1/3) It bounces off Ziggo's head and rolls onto the floor, bouncing a few times with a loud rattling noise. Its original owner notices, and looks up.

"Hey! Where'd you get that!?" he yells, flipping the switch on his head a fifth time directly after.

He scrambles out and starts rushing toward the red bead, now rolling down a slight incline due to a defect in the floor panels, in McMarlo's direction.

You remove yourself from the situation ASAP by heading back to the mouth of the airlock and awaiting your shuttle pilot, Jaina Smith. She emerges soon enough, recognizable by her pilot's helmet. Taking it off, she notices you standing by and asks you what's going on.

"Say, what's going on inside the bar? Is Arial in there?"

Take one energy cell, the laptop, and the cylindrical thing. If I need both arms to carry all of them, crouch and waddle away with only hind legs.

[6/4] You can't resist holding as much as possible and stand three cells on top of the laptop along with the cylindrical thing, carrying it away like a tray. Something hits you in the back of the head, however, and you look back to notice Orion rushing at you! Actually, he's moving toward the thing that hit you in the head: a red bead, shining even in the dim light of the bar.

Action: Sooth the crowd with my time-tested and guild approved comedy routine[/size]

[1/6 = uh oh] Before you can continue, you hear a small, hard object rolling behind you. Turning around, you see a red marble moving towards you on the floor. As you rotated your body, however, the chicken under your SpaceCoat™ came loose and fell out, jerking around uncontrollably due to the spring-loaded mechanism inside of it. The chicken bounces around for a bit before landing on top of the red bead.

Suddenly, the chicken starts glowing bright red, collapsing into a pile of twisted parts and molten rubber.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:38:47 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2014, 01:22:05 am »

(Aah! Ninja'd by turn!)
(I should probably submit an action or something)

No, you'd have to get permission to visit a Denworld, pretty rare for a non KX9 to be allowed to enter outside of emergency repairs or refueling. Although being potentially uncatalogued might get you temporary entry.

"Well, I'll keep that in mind." Atlos pulled a lever, causing a small mechanical arm to emerge from his travel unit and tap on the counter, attempting to catch the barkeep's attention.

Suddenly, a spring-loaded chicken falls to the floor. "My word! Say, is that fellow a human?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - What's cookin?
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2014, 01:23:25 am »

No, that's a chicken. Apparently metallic and not actually organic.

Valrak scans the smoldering and molten chicken.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2014, 01:29:01 am »

"No, not the... chicken, that person who dropped it."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2014, 01:31:25 am »

Valrak scans the smoldering and molten chicken.

Detected: Mostly synthetic rubber of unknown origin. Small quantities Np3091 Spring Steel. Traces of lead.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2014, 01:33:48 am »

That appears to be some sort of birdmanthing. Likely catalogued. Not human.

Valrak relays the data to Nerin. Nerin does a scan with his superior sensor suite. Chickens don't start burning for no reason.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2014, 01:37:26 am »

Valrak relays the data to Nerin. Nerin does a scan with his superior sensor suite. Chickens don't start burning for no reason.

Detected: [6/4] Detected: High infrared emissions, due to heat. Traces of gamma, x ray emission from center of pile.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2014, 01:40:32 am »

Nerin focuses in on the center of the pile.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2014, 01:41:36 am »

It's covered in chicken.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2014, 01:42:58 am »

((Is it multispectrumblocking chicken?))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49