Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70916 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - The Pain Train™
« Reply #120 on: November 12, 2014, 08:33:50 pm »

((So, can I join in, then?))
((You can. If you don't want an intro you can write something like what gamerlord's char got. Really it's all just banter atm))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 12, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »

On top of the pinging at WARDEN, Nerin does a second ping to see if there are other KX9 in the system.

((Likely at least a 49e or 35 in a research facility or two, maybe even an 18 paired with a 35, maybe 37's or 59's in security forces. Possibly a 51 in sec or military forces.))

((
Spoiler: Geneline 49e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 35 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 18 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 59 (click to show/hide)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2014, 09:43:59 pm »

(I'll go with Atlos, since H has no banter)

The MkII "Fishtank" Travel Unit trundled into the bar, Atlos surveying the population as he operates the controls from within the large cylindrical water tank. Mostly humanoids, it seems, possibly humans, though he can't be entirely sure. In any case, a colorful working-class lot, and probably a source of good conversation. He wheels up to the bar and begins chatting with the nearest person. This would be a good opportunity to try out the dialect.

"Heyo, you just get here too? Still wearing your atmo."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2014, 09:51:39 pm »

Technically my atmospheric suit is not on, as the helmet is not sealed. Also, what race are you?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2014, 10:16:21 pm »

"Name's Atlos, sir, and I'm Rtalis, at your service. And you're... human, I take it?" Atlos mentally reminded himself to adjust the voice-modulator on his mobility unit, as the accent here seemed different than what he'd encountered before.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2014, 10:25:22 pm »

KX9 actually, genetic deviant species from human.

Known for high tier implants and a technological Groupmind.

Bit complex.

He's Nerin, I'm Valrak.

We're paired. Easy synchronization and we get along better then well.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2014, 10:33:49 pm »

"Fascinating. Well, pleased to meet you. And these other's not wearing helmets, are they your associates?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 12, 2014, 10:38:57 pm »

More or less.

Not quite sure.

Nice to meet you too.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:19 pm »

WARDEN receives the ping.

Why employ telepathy here? Is it not simpler to use the Guild's encrypted channel? he ponders in a separate thread.

"The supplier of the ice cubes is someone from West Ridge. I shall inquire more to the whereabouts of the vendor, but it appears to be a well-kept secret. The manufacturer's name is 'Picard'" WARDEN still fails to see the use of names. Why not a simple integer designation? Character arrays are so... inefficient.

Ask the manager about the location of the vendor.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 12, 2014, 11:14:03 pm »

WARDEN receives the ping.

Why employ telepathy here? Is it not simpler to use the Guild's encrypted channel? he ponders in a separate thread.

"The supplier of the ice cubes is someone from West Ridge. I shall inquire more to the whereabouts of the vendor, but it appears to be a well-kept secret. The manufacturer's name is 'Picard'" WARDEN still fails to see the use of names. Why not a simple integer designation? Character arrays are so... inefficient.

Ask the manager about the location of the vendor.

Nerin pings back. "Venoa is possibly the harvesting ground. Frozen, rather unpleasent moon insystem. Possibly some form of microbe in the ice based on data I have received from other KX9 looking into it."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 12, 2014, 11:23:10 pm »

"So tell me, what brings you to Askarian?" Atlos begins absent-mindedly shifting skin colors, hoping the bartender knew the chromatic signal for ordering a drink.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 12, 2014, 11:28:54 pm »

Combination of Guild needing stuff done and scouting for KX9.

You?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 12, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »

"Oh, little of this, little of that. Haven't seen a planet with decent liquid water in a while, so I thought I'd come down and ...how do you say? Stretch my legs? Ah, but the water around here is a bit cold, even for me. Mind you, the uptake pipe for the hotel is one of the best ones I've ever swam up..." Stipes of blue flash across his skin, indicating minor embarrassment. "Oh, but I do go on. Well, I'm also looking for some odd-jobs. Funds be needing a recharge, and between you and me, fusion prices are exorbitant in this constellation."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 12, 2014, 11:50:48 pm »

Fuel is relatively cheap for KX9, we don't exactly use money outside of transactions with other civs. If Valrak or I needed a pickup, we could just ping at the nearest Denworld and have them send a droneship.

Also why haven't you gotten a bioaug or implant that lets you inhale oxygen? It's not like the ones KX9 are willing to sell aren't particularly expensive, the cost is just four times the materials needed to build them or an equivalent level of power. Probs could get one for free if you let Researchcore have a look at you, pretty sure your race isn't catalogued yet.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 12, 2014, 11:59:27 pm »

I have taken pictures of the von Hapsburg system and posted them here. These come from SpaceEngine, go check that out!

Warning - while you were typing 9 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

((FML))

On top of the pinging at WARDEN, Nerin does a second ping to see if there are other KX9 in the system.

((Likely at least a 49e or 35 in a research facility or two, maybe even an 18 paired with a 35, maybe 37's or 59's in security forces. Possibly a 51 in sec or military forces.))

((
Spoiler: Geneline 49e (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 35 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 18 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geneline 59 (click to show/hide)

((Kevak... I appreciate your eagerness, but I would avoid sticking your race into too many places at once. It's only 1000 years into the future, so it's highly unlikely for there to be billions of KX9's on just any old planet. They'd have to make some serious, erm, reproductive efforts.

You can create your own systems and populate them as you wish! I have no problem with that, although I'd try to keep population counts low since raw physical manpower isn't really in demand when you have futuristic automation technology. Millions of people is considered a major population center, hundreds of thousands is the largest nonhabitable worlds usually get, a place like Askarian might have just tens of thousands, etc.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49