Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70897 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - The Pain Train™
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2014, 04:47:23 am »

Never managed to get into one of these mission ones before, would be awesome if I have the time for this.

Here are two characters, since the first would be perfect for this but I already used it for another game, so I'll leave it up to GM discretion.

Character Name: H
Origin: Unknown
Bio: Very few know of H, and even they know next to nothing. What they do know is that H is very good at what H does. At all times, H seems to wear a fairly standard-looking white pressure suit, of humanoid fit, with a seemingly opaque visor. When not on a job, H is observed to hand around bars, auction houses, and other places where travelers seem to congregate, doing absolutely nothing. It is here that those in the know (or who simply guess) approach H. They name the task they wish performed, describing in detail, and then offer H a price. If the price is sufficient by whatever standards H judges, H will carry out whatever is asked. If not, H will merely ignore the offer. No one knows what H does with the payments, having never been observed to spend anything. Some say H feeds on it somehow, others believe it all to be hoarded somewhere. But only H knows, and H never tells anything.
Specialties: Spacewalking, Sabotage, Stealth, Silence, Hand-to-hand combat, Setting traps.

Character Name: Atlos
Origin: Being an aquatic species, the Rtalis took a very long time to develop space travel, and continue to struggle with the engineering problems of their comparatively dense water-filled spacecraft, but this has left them better adapted for microgravity environments than many other species. The thrill of exploration dating back to their forbears who explored dry land lays deep in their culture, and continues to drive them to explore the universe and encounter other peoples. Atlos is one such eager explorer, having roamed the cosmos for (by human standards) decades now, though that includes dormant travel time. Rtalis have an eel or serpent-like bodyplan, a dozen short but dextrous limbs along the length, and surprisingly expressive faces. Their natural modes of communication are through sound, body-gestures, and bio-luminescent displays, though when interacting with aliens they primarily use sound.
Bio: Atlos has always been fascinated by alien peoples, and has a passion for studying and immersing himself in their cultures, though he feels somewhat isolated from them by the fact that they are all mostly gas-breathers or otherwise averse to water. He is somewhat well-traveled, and considers himself a cultured person by now, but is always eager for new experiences and adventures. Often has to travel in a bulky mobility unity, basically a glorified fishtank on treads, but feels confined when spending long periods of time in it, and likes to sneak into and explore the plumbing of air-breathing facilities.
Specialties: Cultural knowledge (leaning towards "high culture"), Diplomacy and persuasion, Swimming and fitting into narrow places, Vehicles.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2014, 06:11:17 am »

Ooh! Lots of shinies! he thought to himself. Better make this quick. One of the techies might like that laptop. Those energy cells might be worth some, but I'll be slowed if I take em all. And the secret surprise one!

Take one energy cell, the laptop, and the cylindrical thing. If I need both arms to carry all of them, crouch and waddle away with only hind legs.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2014, 08:47:16 am »

Deuce laughed.  Standard anti-barfight tech.  Guess this joint was a bit too classy for him.

"Okay, okay, I get it, no fighting in the bar.  I'll have another then."  He shot his drink down, then looked at the bartender.  "Guess you want us to take it outside, then?"

Converse with bartender.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2014, 08:59:39 am »

Hal looks angrily towards the bartender, and gets on his feet and points towards his glass, still not cleaned from the table, and gestures towards the booze dispenser.
"Another one. And you, outside."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2014, 09:01:08 am »

Nidoma walks over to pick up the red bead that rolled underneath the bench; examining it before flicking it at the head of the bozo who dropped it. Letting out a sigh she wanders off to find her commanding officer.
'At least it isn't the Conscript Legion.'

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2014, 09:19:32 am »

((****, five pages of updates in one day.

I was celebrating Veterans Day! By playing Panzer General!

Maybe honoring the wrong veterans, perhaps...))

"Woah, woah, woah!

Everyone needs to settle down, or ah, take it outside. I came for a drink, not a Comockey* game! Am I right?

And, what's with the service here? I ordered extra ice, not a punch in the face!

In fact, that should be the new bar song-"You come in through in the door, and you get knocked to floor!"

McMarlo hoped he wouldn't have to bring the rubber chicken from beneath his coat.

Action: Sooth the crowd with my time-tested and guild approved comedy routine

Hockey played on frozen comets. Very violent-played with live firearms and energy weapons, and losers are often launched into space.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:30:07 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2014, 09:21:48 am »

Hal looks angrily towards the bartender, and gets on his feet and points towards his glass, still not cleaned from the table, and gestures towards the booze dispenser.

((Was this directed at me or your NPC buddy?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 09:22:53 am »

((Was this directed at me or your NPC buddy?))
Nah, at the NPC that I am basically being a dick to.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 01:43:54 pm »

((Is it currently an intermission?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »

((Is this directed at the bartender or the 'Orion' fellow?))

((Is it currently an intermission?))

Yes.

Nidoma walks over to pick up the red bead that rolled underneath the bench; examining it before flicking it at the head of the bozo who dropped it. Letting out a sigh she wanders off to find her commanding officer.
'At least it isn't the Conscript Legion.'
((At Ziggo or Orion?))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:56:36 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2014, 02:11:22 pm »

The challenge is directed to the 'Orion' fella.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2014, 02:14:04 pm »

((Now to wait for WARDEN to get out of timelock/the NPC's in pming.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2014, 02:53:01 pm »

((Some of us have college during weekdays.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2014, 02:54:28 pm »

((Darn you Education! Why must you get in the way of roleplaying!))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2014, 03:57:22 pm »

((So, can I join in, then?))
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49