Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70878 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Attempted beatdown
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2014, 05:15:52 pm »

"Oh really? You didn't. On your knees then, dipshit."
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2014, 05:41:26 pm »

Ziggo gave a start as the glass shattered on the table above him. He faceplate and cursed silently. Nonetheless, he quickly grabs the bag and gives a quick search for anything of value.

Steal!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2014, 07:08:38 pm »

The boy keeps standing. Focused intently on Hal, he is completely unaware of the creature slithering across the top of the bench behind him and into his backpack.

"Nice to meet you too. Call me Orion."

A third time, he reaches for the the back of his head, clicking something underneath his loose curly hair. This time the noise is accompanied by an audible chirp like that of a small capacitor gaining power.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:23 pm »

((Darn thread stopped notifying me. Sorries for delay.))

"Venoa? No... Milan, Cafca Valley, being pursued. Just killed one."

The mystery thinker's thoughts are becoming more and more punctuated, likely due to combat. Various affirmations echo back through the worldgate, more than you received before, and Rex states that he is currently nearby pursuing a wanted criminal in the same desert with local law enforcement officers.

Moments later, Nerin and Valrak both perceive a strange, conflicted feeling. Nothing coherent comes out of the throughtstream, but mixed feelings of regret and betrayal snuff out everything else.
Rex, respond if able. What just happened? Extreme worry/concern. Anxiety, worry, confusion at unclear events..

Can anyone get a reading from those two? High potential of cascade event.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2014, 08:38:05 pm »

Deuce looked back at the attempted fight.  Petering out already; bah.

"If one of you lovebirds really wants a fight, I'm always game!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2014, 11:52:40 pm »

I must indulge more into this phenomenon. And what is this bird he mentioned?

Follow the bartender's directions to the manager's office and ask him about the ice cubes.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 11, 2014, 11:54:41 pm »

((Is this still in intermission? If so, can you just drop me in somewhere Divide? Also, maybe you should add 'INTERMISSION' or 'MISSION' to the title, so people can remember what's going on; just a thought.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2014, 12:11:35 am »

((It's an intermission still. Sorta deviated to PM's for the KX9 bit since it's a sorta tangent~ Currently waiting for Divide's response in pm~))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll 2
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2014, 01:18:59 am »

((Edited the playerlist. Reposting it here.))

((Also, skipped Dwarmin for now. Kevak is still going through a pm side-conversation with out-of-system members of his species... so it isn't really fair to leave you guys waiting.))

Currently Active:
-Toaster (Deuce Holag)
-HEN (WARDEN)
-Cheesecake (Ziggo the Great)
-SaberToothTiger (Hal Grizzly)
-Dwarmin (#9567/McMarlo the Crow) (Skipped)
-Kevak (Nerin and Valrak)
-Gamerlord (Nidoma)

Mission 1: Operation Gate Crash
Mission not started

Caught in Time Loop (characters posted but never entered the game):
-Suppaidaman (Advaasye Duima)
-Nidilap (Ulysses)
-10ebbor10 (Agent F)

((Is this still in intermission? If so, can you just drop me in somewhere Divide? Also, maybe you should add 'INTERMISSION' or 'MISSION' to the title, so people can remember what's going on; just a thought.))

((Sure! I'll insert you into the game))

Roll 2
Intermission

Port Newton Bar, Northern Ridge, Askarian | 233d/3008AD
Port Newton Bar
Medium Chatter (+1 to deception, -1 to intellect)

I must indulge more into this phenomenon. And what is this bird he mentioned?

Follow the bartender's directions to the manager's office and ask him about the ice cubes.

Crawling through the strange, rippling double doors and into the set of offices, you notice a temperature drop. Locating the office of MNGR Abrams, you push one of your limbs against the electronic buzzer next to the door.
"Come in!"
You twist the knob and move into the doorway.
"Nice pet you got there..." starts the manager. He stops at the end, expecting another person to walk through.
You ask him about the ice cubes.
"What's this? You got a question for me? Oh... my apologies.

The cubes are private business. Got 'em from a supplier on West Ridge. I wanted to know too, but he said nobody knows but the Picard himself. That's the manufacturer."

Ziggo gave a start as the glass shattered on the table above him. He faceplate and cursed silently. Nonetheless, he quickly grabs the bag and gives a quick search for anything of value.

Steal!

[5+1/1] He stood up at the perfect time! You pull the bag on its side and start removing contents, discovering several sodacan-sized energy cells, a portable computer with a large foldable antenna, and a small rounded cylindrical object coated in aluminum foil, about a foot in length.

Deuce looked back at the attempted fight.  Petering out already; bah.

"If one of you lovebirds really wants a fight, I'm always game!"

Hal hesitates to respond. Bad move, it seems.

Hal: [2-1] vs (5) Something causes your legs to simply stop holding you up. You collapse to the floor, banging your head on a chair on the way down. Your atmo-suit starts nagging you about cranial lacerations or whatever. Feeling your scalp, there is in fact a bit of blood. Nothing a stick of MediFreeze won't fix.

Deuce: For some reason, Hal falls to the ground. Probably not used to the gravity. Funny, though, the gravity on this place is almost like you're skipping on a sea of rainbows and clouds compared to the guildships.

Well, that's what you think until you lose control of your own legs. Unlike Hal, you grab the counter and pull yourself back onto a stool before you collapse.

'Orion' starts grinning, and giggling, saying nothing.

Spoiler: MediFreeze (click to show/hide)

A figure arrives late, swinging aside the doors from the main airlock. Still wearing her suit, Nidoma watches the room. Already two of the Guild's men are down while some creepy-looking kid is standing over them giggling profusely. Some short mouse-person wearing a Guild atmo-suit is currently rummaging around in the kid's bag, dropping small red bead which rolls down on the ground into the darkness underneath a bench.

Well, the first order of business, aside from not making a laughingstock of the company, is to locate Arial Wallace, whose ship the Guild Fleet just recovered from pirates. Arial was planetside during the brief orbital skirmish, but her crew was able to contact her and mention the Guild's involvement. The Guild sent you here to Port Newton specifically because this is where Arial's crew said she is.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:21:45 am by _DivideByZero_ »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - The Pain Train™
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2014, 02:27:58 am »

Nerin pings WARDEN and opens a mental chat room.

"Interested in the "ice" still? Had someone out of systen do a lil research on it. Did you find any additional data from the manager? I assume that's who you left the room to talk to. If you're wondering who this is, it's Nerin. Aka the shorter KX9."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2014, 02:31:27 am »

Nerin pings WARDEN and opens a mental chat room.

"Interested in the "ice" still? Had someone out of systen do a lil research on it. Did you find any additional data from the manager? I assume that's who you left the room to talk to. If you're wondering who this is, it's Nerin. Aka the shorter KX9."

((He's a robot. I think basic radio communication is a little more practical.

Then again, the Guild may have upgraded him so he can receive info from you. HighEndNoob's call.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2014, 02:44:34 am »

((A sapient robot would likely have a standard datanet uplink, it's easy enough to set up a chat program in that. Note the lack of emotion underlay. Nerin isn't using the tachyonic comms~))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2014, 03:31:15 am »

((A sapient robot would likely have a standard datanet uplink, it's easy enough to set up a chat program in that. Note the lack of emotion underlay. Nerin isn't using the tachyonic comms~))
Always-on third party chat software is a dangerous security gap though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2014, 03:54:39 am »

((Technically it's being hosted in the local network, by Nerin, not always on/installed. Not to mention that it's easy enough to run an isolated partition to have a chat program like that on always and keep it perfectly safe.))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2014, 04:37:26 am »

I overthought on my character, so until I have an idea I'll PTW.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49