Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70866 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - A bunch of astronauts walk into a bar
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2014, 03:45:09 am »

Nerin pings the second sender and pings a general notice to all KX9 to locate said sender due to potential cascade event building. He also sends a ping out to any 37's and 49e's (Rlesearcher oriented Genelines, fairly common in scientific institutes.) pinging about known locations working on mentioned microbes. Worry and feedback anxiety from second sender sent. Rex, this is Valrak, third gen 51er and paired with Nerin, first gen 49er class b. There may be a potential cascade event building somewhere in nearby systems. Nerin has relayed data, as you appear to be in a better situation to track the location of the potential cascade, do so and keep all local KX9 notified of the situation. Extreme concern, dominant assertation, secondary relay of Nerin's data. Venoa may be the location. Do we have any 51ers or 59ers available for a possible rescue/recovery mission?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2014, 04:22:01 am »

"Venoa? No... Milan, Cafca Valley, being pursued. Just killed one."

The mystery thinker's thoughts are becoming more and more punctuated, likely due to combat. Various affirmations echo back through the worldgate, more than you received before, and Rex states that he is currently nearby pursuing a wanted criminal in the same desert with local law enforcement officers.

Moments later, Nerin and Valrak both perceive a strange, conflicted feeling. Nothing coherent comes out of the throughtstream, but mixed feelings of regret and betrayal snuff out everything else.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:57:06 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2014, 05:37:01 am »

((Fuck it, throwing in a character for the waitlist. This is the bare bones of the sheet, I'll expand it later with more detail.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2014, 05:43:45 am »

((Why do I have to live in a different timezone!? ;-;))
Well, then, this mofo got sommin in him. Well, less try to keep calm, and get some more of this lovely drink. Now.
"One more."
Drink it up as a crude painkiller, assess the danger from that git once more.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:48:28 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2014, 02:05:57 pm »

((Edited that post a little bit, Kevak))

((Fuck it, throwing in a character for the waitlist. This is the bare bones of the sheet, I'll expand it later with more detail.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((You can join whenever you like during an intermission (if you want). Once the characters return to orbit, we'll pick out 6 most suited to the mission, prioritizing characters that haven't participated yet as well as players who have participated a lot during the intermission.))

((Also for everyone else, the last update was here))

((Why do I have to live in a different timezone!? ;-;))
Well, then, this mofo got sommin in him. Well, less try to keep calm, and get some more of this lovely drink. Now.
"One more."
Drink it up as a crude painkiller, assess the danger from that git once more.

The young man makes no sound, nor makes any moves. He seems to be watching if you are going to make another move.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:11:41 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Attempted beatdown
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2014, 02:21:41 pm »

Try to make him do the first strike. Provoke him into attacking, then kick his ass if he does.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2014, 02:24:25 pm »

((Is this one of those intermission thingies, if not, who's in?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2014, 02:39:52 pm »

((This is an intermission. It's a time to introduce your character and, more importantly, find the captain mentioned in the preface whose ship was stolen but rescued by the Guild. He is most likely your ticket aboard the SpaceInc megacity.))

Try to make him do the first strike. Provoke him into attacking, then kick his ass if he does.

[2] You wait for him to make his move, but the guy doesn't seem to be interested in getting up out of his seat. An awkward staring contest ensues, [3] which goes on for quite a while, but after about thirty seconds of neither party blinking, you find your eyes forcibly shut involuntarily.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:42:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

Size up competition.

((Are you waiting to run the second half of my action or did it get missed?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2014, 02:46:27 pm »

Size up competition.

The only competition thus far is between Hal and the strange man in the corner, although Hal's attracting the attention of the debating party.

((I'll try to wait for a larger update before introducing important new events, such as the manager walking in to find out what's going on for example.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

"Mmm... one more, first."

Have another of the same!  Compliment bartender!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Suppaidaman!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2014, 03:10:26 pm »

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did this move so fast?! Um... I'm really sorry but, I'm not sure if I can play if the game moves this fast. Sorry...)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2014, 03:18:05 pm »

(AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did this move so fast?! Um... I'm really sorry but, I'm not sure if I can play if the game moves this fast. Sorry...)
((The last two pages were part an extended tangent with Kevak's characters. They have nothing to do with the rest of the situation, at the moment, although in the future I think it would be best if I reserved such things for PM's.))

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »

Well, let's get him irritated. Spit on him.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2014, 05:12:53 pm »

So let me clarify a few things:
-Minor actions such as drinking, talking, spitting on people, etc do not require me to roll. In fact, you can just go ahead and say something like 'Bob chugged down the drink and wiped his lips with the sleeve of his shirt. Good stuff.' and then post an action. If you are just waiting for something to happen, post an action like 'Wait for this turn'
-Bold your actions. If you want you can edit out previous actions, but I will use only the latest if you have multiple bolded actions in multiple posts.
-I will post dialogue and responses as if I were a player, since the game would progress slowly otherwise. I will also sometimes roll a dice for minor actions to influence the way the game progresses. This doesn't make it an actual update. For future turns, I'll have a big header to make it clear.

Well, let's get him irritated. Spit on him.

The spit lands right on the boy's face. Disgusted, he stands up, rubbing the spit off his cheek using a napkin, and flips the switch on the back of his head again.

"Look fellas, I don't want to start a scuffle. I mean, I never tried to in the first place. I went out of line, okay?"

The following have yet to make a move:

WARDEN, presumably examining the ice's chemical structure while showing no outward signs of emotion or activity.

McMarlo the Crow, currently fuming with rage at Hal.

Ziggy, who is so close, yet so far from getting his revenge.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:21:51 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49