Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49

Author Topic: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Guild Home Base - Theorycrafting!  (Read 70980 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: 3008 AD: The Guild Chronicles - Intermission - Zero Sum
« Reply #255 on: November 16, 2014, 09:37:32 pm »

Yeah, sure.  I picked up a "she's in your way" vibe, but if the way is open, go for it.

((Oh! I derped and thought your character was saying 'If I move now, I can still catch up' or something along those lines.'

I will edit this post...))

Give chase to Orion!
"Damn straight.  He threatened my buddy here."  Deuce nodded toward Valrak.  "Move and I might still catch him."

Hal: [1/1] You decide to run toward the hall and give chase with Deuce, but there is a woman in the way who walks into the empty space between the severed door hinge and the other door (which opens inward). She moves out of the way, but you're still considerably behind Deuce. Orion continues to run.

Deuce: [3] You just barely catch up to Orion... right as the elevator door slams shut. Conveniently, another elevator arrives just at this time, and there are only two levels: surface level and sea level. You hold the door open so that Hal catches up.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 09:48:02 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 16, 2014, 09:50:33 pm »

((I shall send you the link as soon as I find it. I have it buried somewhere in my compy~ *notes it may take a while due to cluttered file storage system*))

Anyways. What are we currently supposed to be doing right now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 16, 2014, 10:56:50 pm »

"A bit much for a barfight... usually I'd just let him go at this point.  But hey, you seem ready to go!"

Keep up the chase!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 17, 2014, 12:08:23 am »

The elevator has a large, spacious interior containing a number of lockers. The words 'AIRLOCK--PLEASE USE PRESSURE SUIT' are marked on the wall. The lockers, upon closer inspection, are much like vending machines, although one is to wonder what would happen if someone were to enter the elevator without having sufficient cash. Fortunately for you gentlemen, you have suits and helmets already equipped, but the grey, featureless rental suits will make it easy to find Orion.

You reach the bottom of the shaft, discovering that the actual airlock is just outside the elevator. You emerge into a snowy coastline, transitioning into a thin ice sheet broken by piers, icebreakers, and floating habitats. Instead of walking on the snow, you find yourself on a raised walkway which is at the level of every building in the dockyard, to account for the increased pileup as one gets closer to the ice cliff you emerged from.

There are multiple dedicated structures in the area:
-The marketplace is a large geodesic sphere with tends and pavilions in which local sellers offer their goods. The tents are a cheap and easy way to protect against harmful ultraviolet radiation from von Habsburg.
-The food plant which itself is surrounded by smaller tents fashioned from emergency kits. The tents themselves tend to be occupied by either wanderers who take advantage of the heat that bleeds off the plant, or sellers of miscellaneous goods that aren't fish, for example arms, electronics, and contraband. This is the closest you get to a black market here.
-The ship station, which manages all publicly owned transports, as well as repairs for private vessels. Here you can rent a speedboat or embark on a tour of the surrounding ice sheets.

Curiously, you see nobody emerging from the other elevator exit, which is mere meters away and on the same platform to boot. The doors are open.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:39:21 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 17, 2014, 01:47:42 am »

Nidoma heads for the warehouse.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 17, 2014, 08:58:05 am »

Deuce frowned.  "You see where he went?  If he's gone, I'm just going to get another drink."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 17, 2014, 10:14:05 am »

Run after him!
Search the place for his trails, try to figure out where is he.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 02:56:08 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 17, 2014, 02:42:31 pm »

Run after him!

Curiously, you see nobody emerging from the other elevator exit, which is mere meters away and on the same platform to boot. The doors are open.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 17, 2014, 02:46:35 pm »

Anyways. What are we currently supposed to be doing right now?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 17, 2014, 05:44:26 pm »

((The thing I stated in the first post as well as multiple times to new characters thus far, if you bother to read those.

Currently busy with university, so don't expect a timely response. :())
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 10:41:18 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 17, 2014, 05:53:57 pm »

"Finding our insertion pilot, I think. Say, does it strike you as odd to discuss subterfuge in front of the bartender and all these patrons?"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 09:13:02 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 17, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »

Not really. Paperwork and interest of keeping customers tends to prevent stuff from being stated to important people. It's easier to recruit people this way actually. Hunans are remarkably inefficient. Did you know they don't even have an Adminform that enjoys paperwork?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 17, 2014, 09:15:38 pm »

"Actually, I think I've heard of those. They call them 'nerds,' I believe."
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 17, 2014, 09:45:45 pm »

No, nerds are just a human subculture. Half of them aren't even particularly smart. They just play a lot of simgames. A KX9 Adminform is literally a mind built for administration. Several Adminform Genelines enjoy paperwork and all the bureaucratic fuckery.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll 7- Intermission
« Reply #269 on: November 18, 2014, 09:26:54 am »

He holds onto his augmented monocle and looks up.
"Are you in a hurry? I'll do my best. Oh and I prefer to be addressed as Mr. Shem."

The next page takes about 20 seconds to read.

"No, no, please take your time. The Guild is paying me by the hour anyway!*"

*This is a lie. Ravenians actually pay the guild by the hour, being turned into Wonderful Bird Burgers if they fall into debt.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 49