Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: World Task Force - Turn Three Phase Two  (Read 10963 times)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn Three Phase Two
« Reply #180 on: December 16, 2014, 02:22:59 pm »

... I just realized I HAVE some kind of super hero.... I'm gonna change my action.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 16, 2014, 02:39:00 pm »

Hydroblade could barely take down those summoned fire monsters in Egypt. What do you think is going to happen against a skyscraper-tall genetically-engineered Cat-3 Kaiju designed to demolish entire cities? x_x

Let's face it -- none of the Agencies currently have the firepower to kill this thing. Only piss it off. If we want to kill it for good, we would need to launch a coordinated effort to procure the YAL-1 airborne laser (200 mile range) or Railgun from the US, although the latter would suffer from problems with actually hitting the damn thing. Perhaps a concentrated barrage of Tomahawk cruise missiles could do something, but at this point, it's pretty clear that we NEED more firepower than we have right now. I'm not sure if we can leverage our authority with the Funding Council for some kind of new toys or at least more funding for this particular issue, but if they want us to help, we're gonna need moar dakka.

(No seriously, could there be a bonus given to any agency committed to solving the Kaiju threat? A subsidy, if you will.)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 16, 2014, 02:46:41 pm »

I was kinda hoping Hydroblade would use part of the OCEAN to make a giant blade. But yeah we kinda need EVERYONE ON THIS OR NYC IS GONNA DIE.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 16, 2014, 03:06:00 pm »

I guess the NYC event is a *bit* more important than tracking down broken tanks....

Both dropships filled with tanks instead change their destination to the Kaiju. We are really close to New York, this shouldn't take too long. Have my Boy's aim for the eyes, or whatever else shows to be a "weak point". My infantry goes into the cities to evacuate, hoping the tanks buy enough time to at least do that. A few guys with shotguns can evacuate a large city easily, right :-\.

To the others:

You guys are overestimating the enemy, which is just as bad as underestimating it! Cannon fire can bring this thing down fine, if you use enough of it. Cannon fire can bring down anything if you use enough of it! That isn't to say we wouldn't appreciate some help-but it does mean we shouldn't ignore the other events. Let Whitewater do what it does best-blow up things with tanks-while you continue to act on the more subtle things.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 16, 2014, 03:37:05 pm »

Or we could assume this thing is a lot more realistic than something that needs a nuke to take down. Really, just take a few explosives At key points like the joints and it should topple over.

Anyway, I'll get my own turn up soon.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 16, 2014, 03:44:57 pm »

I don't care about estimations, I just want this thing down before it hurts more innocents.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 16, 2014, 03:50:01 pm »

((Far from me to suggest things since i'm not in the game but why not ask for a man-portable nuke from the council? I think a sky-scrapper sized monster and little firepower could get them to award a subsidized nuke to those fighting the monster. Get portable nuke on it or under it and hope it blows the lizard up. Or just go full ICBM.

I like Stirks idea of concentrated firepower on the lizard so yeah..Maybe you can call the U.S Navy for Tomahawk support? As an America I would like it if my military took things into their own hands where possible in a fight against a giant lizard monster.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 16, 2014, 03:59:00 pm »

(Of course, Narrative an Story examination states that any explosions we bring in from outside will do nothing, as they are fired from NPC redshirts. Besides, it will cut into our profits and set a bad precedent for future missions! If we are made useless by the government solving their own problems, then what will we do?)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

(Using last mission, the alien weaponry was VERY effective against armor, so I'm hoping that it'll be able to punch through whatever natural armor the Kaiju has.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2014, 04:09:38 pm »

(Using last mission, the alien weaponry was VERY effective against armor, so I'm hoping that it'll be able to punch through whatever natural armor the Kaiju has.)

(No it wasn't :-\. My tank received almost no damage. If I remember correctly, less than 100 creds worth.)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2014, 04:10:59 pm »

(Well the Kaiju's gotta be unarmored SOMEWHERE.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2014, 04:24:32 pm »

(Well the Kaiju's gotta be unarmored SOMEWHERE.)

(That defeats your purpose for using ET weapons  ????)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2014, 04:28:49 pm »

(It's in case the regular bullets can't penetrate the unarmored or less armored parts.)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

(It's in case the regular bullets can't penetrate the unarmored or less armored parts.)

(....But the ET weapons have not shown increased penetration over conventional weaponry. Which, as I said, defeats the purpose of using them :-\)

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 16, 2014, 04:32:41 pm »

(No one said I knew how to think things through.)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16