Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: World Task Force - Turn Three Phase Two  (Read 10958 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2014, 12:04:58 pm »

Okay, all fixed on that front Kashyyk, thanks for the heads up on that
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2014, 04:28:47 am »

Spoiler: RTC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whitewater Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AMSOU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: E-TAG (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FADE (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Agency Creation Events (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Known Threats (click to show/hide)

Welcome to Turn One, Phase One. In the first phase Agencies may buy resources, hire additional personnel, build new facilities, perform research, and manufacture equipment. Current known threats are available, which will give you an idea of what to gear yourselves towards. As you do not possess any advanced technologies your workshops can only produce modern blueprints at the moment.

Each research topic requires a certain number of RP to research. I will not tell you the exact cost, but more advanced techs will cost more. Labs contribute RP to research, as do other sources (unaccessable for now). Finally, you can invest further funds into research to speed it along. Some technologies may have a cost attached to them.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:18:04 am by Kashyyk »

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn one start!
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2014, 06:25:18 am »

As an E-TAG's representative I'm happy to inform everyone, that we are ready to contribute to mankind's safety. The very first thing we are going to do, is to build a Medium Laboratory, as we are currently lacking one. The Council has provided us with a killbot wreckage, and it wouldn't be the best course of action to just ignore it. Our engineers are working day and night to understand how it works and they would love to reverse engineer it, however that is not really possible, as the killbot is too damaged for that. Here is something that soldiers should keep in mind at all times: Try to keep unknown equipment in tact, as it would greatly help in development of weapons, equipment and materials.
Right now E-TAG is focusing on technological improvement rather than brute force, however we do offer our help. There are two Special Forces squads that we can send to help any of the other organisations in their tasks. To do it, we require a dropship, that will allow us to quickly send help. The money for it is already on the Council's account.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Kashyyk, could you tell me how much satellite array would cost? That's something I may want to buy in future))
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:27:06 am by PiotraperPL »
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:45 am »

I assume you want something like the satellites used in XCOM? For that you'll need an Uplink (you won't ever need more than one), which will cost 200cr and 40cr/m upkeep, either your own launching system (I'll get back to you) or paying a government to launch it for you (50cr a pop), and finally the satellite itself (100cr).

Now I'm more awake I've also noticed I forgot to mention a few things, so I will edit the turn post shortly.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 07:19:27 am by Kashyyk »

PiotraperPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Optimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 07:42:03 am »

I've been actually thinking about something more like this, but now because you mentioned it, X-COM style satellites are cool too.
^ This side up ^
I have a degree in Procrastination
Known for doing stupid grammer mistakes

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 10:39:05 am »

Hmm... How much space do we have on each dropship exactly? And furthermore, do we need it to deploy troops anywhere at all?

Anyway, I'll put my turn actions here, and edit them if need be.

Spoiler: AMSOU's Actions (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 02:17:51 pm by Taricus »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 11:08:01 am »

There is enough space on one dropship for two medium vehicles (both the IFV and the Tank are medium vehicles) or 3 squads. If obe of the vehicles is an IFV, the IVF can also be loaded with a squad of infantry.

You don't need any transports of your own, as local militaries will be able to ptovide them, however this will take longer than using your own transports. (So if you want to beat another Agency to a threat to claim the glory of resolving it yourself, you want to get there first)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 11:12:55 am by Kashyyk »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2014, 11:10:35 am »

Right, note to self: Design larger dropship. OR atleast one that can carry three squads.

But this does mean in the even of something happening within one's home nation/region, the local agency would be able to respond faster than any foreign agencies?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2014, 11:18:49 am »

Mistype on my orevious, they can already hold three squads.

Yes, distance to event is also taken into account. The calculations for who gets there first is quite simplistic, and if you want to know it's in the spoiler below.

Spoiler: Who arrives first calc (click to show/hide)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2014, 12:51:22 pm »

Ah, everything is going well.

We don't have much investigative power, but plenty of fire power. Send the dropship filled with tanks to take on the werewolves in Australia. I expect them all thoroughly exploded, and a paycheck from the locals.

I would like to start my scientists working on an advanced anti-aircraft weapon that can be fitted to a tank, meant for taking down UFOs. Kenetic, of course, we don't need no lasers when they likely use lasers.

I will buy another 10 special operations troops, housing them in the barracks. The currently at home infantry will guard the alien artifact until we decide whether to investigate or sell it.

Finally, the worships will produce high-caliber Ks-23 shotguns with shrapnel rounds.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 01:08:32 pm »

Arthur McAllister, leader of the RTC, stands in front of Alpha Squadron, looking them over. They'd been a good find, and he was proud that they'd joined his ranks. For now, more important matters were at hand. "Alright gentlemen. I know you're raring to go, so I've got your first mission for you. You're going to Vancouver. There's been reports of a masked man typing up convicts in the streets. I want you to find him. Subdue if necessary, but I'd prefer to recruit him. He seems like he could be a good asset, and I think your hitting and running will do best in the urban environment. You have your orders, move out!" He salutes them, and they head to the dropship.

He heads to The Lab next, knocking and startling one of the researchers. "Gentlemen and ladies, I want your full attention on those Vampire Ashes we received. I want to know the properties of it, who it was, they're favorite meal, and anything else you can give me." He salutes and leaves, heading next to the Forge. "Alright guys, I don't know WHAT we're gonna be facing, but I want bullets strong enough to pierce through them. Get on it."

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2014, 01:39:11 pm »

(Sorry about the wait. Some things just came up on my end recently, is all. Here's my turn.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »

Spoiler: RTC (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Whitewater Inc (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: AMSOU (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: E-TAG (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: FADE (click to show/hide)

Current Technologies and Blueprints

Spoiler: Known Threats (click to show/hide)

Alert! The US military has detected a UFO within it's airspace, it is much smaller than the last, but all Agencies that respond are advised to exercise caution when engaging.

Welcome to Turn One, Phase Two. In this Phase agencies can respond to events across the world. Examples include: investigating the event for more info, controlling the situation to prevent it from worsening or attempting to destroy the threat entirely. Any unit can be sent to any sort of responce, but naturally certain units are better at certain things. If multiple agencies respond to the same threat, they will act in order of who arrives first, which is based on travel speed, distance and whether they're using their own transport. It is perfectly acceptable (encouraged in fact) for agencies to work together to deal with a threat. In this case they will act once the last team member has arrived.

Certain events, such as the UFO flyover, are suprise one-turn-only things. If it is not responded to, or the response is unsuccessful, there will be an immediate penalty in funding from the concerned nation. This is compared to more persistant events, which will slowly fester and anger the nation until resolved.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:19:20 pm by Kashyyk »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn one Phase two
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 08:21:23 pm »

Well the UFO is my duty. Its what we are are good at, after all.

I quickly purchase an Interceptor and someone who knows how to use it, then send them after the UFO. I doubt we can get an AA gun there in time....
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World Task Force - Turn one Phase two
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:06 pm »

Unfortunately, by the time it arrives the UFO will be long gone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16