Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 192932 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1440 on: February 12, 2016, 11:02:18 am »

If the DM's going by published Adventure Paths and Modules, you should be fine most of the time anyways.

Those are typically made with an expected party of four players who are inexperienced to somewhat experienced, and are not very optimized.

No, I REALLY think he is using something he either made up or took from various stuff. When I said I was trying to play the first episode of Runelords with my group, his answer was "Wow, congratulations, it's a really complicated adventure to try!". So probably he wrote something himself, also because he said we would do something really simple to start, so probably he wrote everything.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: February 12, 2016, 07:05:47 pm »

Anyone interested in playing some boardgames through that of Tabletop Simulator???
I am cool with anything...

I'd be willing to buy it in some future sale. I'm able to schedule something up for most nights around 1900 GMT onwards. No access to VOIP hardware unfortunately, just in case that's important for anyone. How do games work? I see Steam shows a very small number of games for sale on it, I assume content is mostly pirated/grey area?
I would of course be willing to attempt any number of existing free services as well:
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/On-line_Games

Some of my physical favourites:
1v1 - Tash-Kalar
3+ FFA - Cyclades, Chaos in the Old World, games like that. Good amount of conflict with some of that modern design elegance (ok not so true for CitOW).
Ghost Stories trumps Pandemic but I don't think I'd care much for co-ops in a virtual environment.

I'm open to euros and dungeon crawls as long as people aren't obsessed over winning and optimizing everything. Just wing it, I hate it when games overstay their welcome.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: February 12, 2016, 07:13:35 pm »

No, I REALLY think he is using something he either made up or took from various stuff. When I said I was trying to play the first episode of Runelords with my group, his answer was "Wow, congratulations, it's a really complicated adventure to try!". So probably he wrote something himself, also because he said we would do something really simple to start, so probably he wrote everything.

Rise? Complicated?

Maybe if you accidentally bought the original version, meant for D&D 3.5, rather than the Anniversary edition, which uses Pathfinder. Or vice-versa, trying to use the Pathfinder version for 3.5.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: February 12, 2016, 07:59:11 pm »

I wish to make a sniper-slayer who uses a firearm.
This whole build seems to revolve around Sniper's Goggles (Can make sneak attacks from >30ft), which'll be a cool 10k.
However the only decent sniper option I've found seems to be the Slayer.
Was wondering if there was an acceptable way to make a Rogue Unchained, Ninja or Gunslinger sniper with the same sort of sneak-attack mechanic dealio that my current idea has.
As for Sneak-Attacking, there is a Rogue Talent to increase the range by 10ft each time you take it, and the Sniper Archetype for the Slayer can always sneak attack while in their weapon's first range increment. The Rogue Sniper Archetype, on the other hand, loses Trap Sense to increase their SA range by 10ft at level 3 and every 3 levels after.
Weeeell. My guy's gonna start with a musket
|40ft|1d12|
And eventually move up to a double hackbut
|50ft|2d12|
As it's the best range you can get on an early firearm.
Doesn't really stack up to the 100ft of a longbow or 80-120ft of a crossbow sadly.
Also sniper's goggles:
"The wearer of these goggles can make ranged sneak attacks from any distance instead of the normal 30 feet." invalidates the rogue option a bit.
Which Sucks, as I'd really rather play an unchained rogue than a slayer.
Ok, Rogue got unclaimed so I'm free to once-again use my sniper.
I'm thinking to go unchained rogue for the skill unlocks.
(Perception: Distance DC+ to perception checks go from +1/10ft to +1/60ft
Stealth: -10 to sniping DC (From 20, or 10 with Sniper, and enemies attacked after using stealth are always flat-footed.)

Added to that I got given some GM-privileges. I have a sort of carry-over from some gunslinger class skills without having to put a rank into gunslinger, and as long as I take amateur gunslinger, I can then take further gunslinger grit deeds as feats,
(specifically dead shot: Full round attack, roll all attacks on the one bullet and add damage dice together)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: February 12, 2016, 09:09:59 pm »

My copy of Shadows Over Sol arrived today. It's a good two inches shorter and 3-4 inches more narrow than just about every other role playing book I've seen.

I should probably stop backing RPGs on Kickstarter given I don't actually have a group to play with. It looks, feels, and smells nice (if you've had a book fresh off the presses, you know what I mean), however, with full-color images scattered throughout.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:15:52 pm by Mephisto »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: February 15, 2016, 03:27:47 pm »

It's that a good thing, or a bad thing?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: February 15, 2016, 03:38:27 pm »

It's that a good thing, or a bad thing?
Depends on your opinion of sphincter mana.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: February 15, 2016, 03:42:49 pm »

Ah.

I don't know what that is.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: February 15, 2016, 07:21:02 pm »

...The hell does wasteland add to your mana pool?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: February 15, 2016, 07:25:57 pm »

I think that's the new colorless symbol, though I haven't played since...the new Ravnica?  I know I stopped before Khans, at least, and I heard they were doing something with colorless for the new Eldrazi sets.  At any rate, Tempest Wastelands definitely added colorless, so that's my guess if these are reprints.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: February 16, 2016, 02:00:57 am »

Yeah, it's to distinguish between colorless mana (as in, in your pool) and mana costs (as in, the number on top). Mostly because they added some Eldrazi that have a strict colorless requirement, seen here.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: February 16, 2016, 05:02:02 pm »

Yeah, it's to distinguish between colorless mana (as in, in your pool) and mana costs (as in, the number on top). Mostly because they added some Eldrazi that have a strict colorless requirement, seen here.
To be more precise: it distinguishes colorless mana (the one in your pool, and in the case of a few eldrazi, in the cost of cards/abilities) and generic mana (only ever a cost).

I actually taught a friend of mine MtG a few months ago, before the new symbol, and he was super confused colorless and generic mana had the same symbol, so I guess it makes sense. I never really noticed it before though.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: February 16, 2016, 08:30:52 pm »

Mana that is specifically colorless, as RedWarrior says. It functions essentially as a sixth color, but Wizards assures us that it is not.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: February 16, 2016, 09:06:41 pm »

So... is colorless mana just another mana type then?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 131