Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 194220 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1305 on: September 20, 2015, 03:14:03 pm »

Yeah and even if not, that sounds really cool.  I can almost imagine most of the SC2 races being adapted to fantasy with some adjustments.  If you want any help hashing out details, please PM me!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: September 20, 2015, 03:19:52 pm »

I thought about Spelljammin' them but decided to go for a more "conventional" setting. Heck, if they want we can do a Mad Max setting. Just the names (races) and places and MacGuffins and general story objectives will remain the same :D Add some fantasy settings and it will look more like He-Man.

In the extreme case of non-aliens/races I would have to do some silly faction reskinning of the aliens as humans/mutants.

Yeah and even if not, that sounds really cool.  I can almost imagine most of the SC2 races being adapted to fantasy with some adjustments.  If you want any help hashing out details, please PM me!

Sure, that will be appreciated :) I'll let you know if it ever takes off and what setting style has been decided.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: September 21, 2015, 09:56:30 am »

I just ran across Let's Read The Complete Book of Elves (all the way from 2012 so you very well might have seen it before) and thought some of you might enjoy it.

Quote from: TCBoE
We do not deign to acknowledge the slanderous propaganda spread by the stunted humans who call themselves dwarves. The little miners have always had a rather, shall we say, biased outlook on history and the true workers of reality. They call themselves the finest creatures to grace the worlds--with bodies like that, we suppose one would have to have an active fantasy life.
Literally Trump with a larger vocabulary.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: September 21, 2015, 10:29:33 am »

So in DnD/Pathfinder news I recently made a fire mage.
We're doing game modules, so models are required.
Spoiler: I provided (click to show/hide)

Also in 40k news.
My Imperial guard army has gotten away from me slightly.
It now takes up a whole shelf on our '40k stuff' shelf. Housemates give me a little grief.
But I am a swarm army, what can I do?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:32:37 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: September 21, 2015, 11:58:51 am »

Sounds like you have an awesome house setup, there. :)
Army's looking good, too!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: September 21, 2015, 12:02:52 pm »

You have an X-Wing in your army?

I can dig that :v
Love, scriver~

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1311 on: September 21, 2015, 12:06:20 pm »

So in DnD/Pathfinder news I recently made a fire mage.
We're doing game modules, so models are required.
Spoiler: I provided (click to show/hide)

I probably haven't been painting longer than you, but I've been at least looking at painted miniatures for about five years and that one is one of the nicest ones.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: September 21, 2015, 07:08:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I probably haven't been painting longer than you, but I've been at least looking at painted miniatures for about five years and that one is one of the nicest ones.
Oh.. ah... thank you. *sheepish*
I meant it was mostly drybrushing... Comparatively, painting between the lines is much harder, some of which I had failed to do.

Sounds like you have an awesome house setup, there. :)
Yeah, I've kind of let shit pile up all over our tables though...

You have an X-Wing in your army?
I can dig that :v
Thanks! Now I've figured out what colors to paint it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 07:35:30 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: September 21, 2015, 08:15:43 pm »

I like the fire dude too, by the way. But I agree that I could probably not appreciate the work put into it itself, but I definitely can appreciate the quality of the outcome :v

I hope his book says "I prepared Explosive Runes this morning".
Love, scriver~

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: September 21, 2015, 08:35:52 pm »

I have no experience with this whatsoever, but that mage rocks. I understand why people pay you to do that.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: September 22, 2015, 12:58:32 am »

I do not know why, but I was not really expecting praise.
So.. um.. thanks.

Also I'm pretty sure the glowy rune on the book is Storms/Wrath.
Doublealso me getting paid for that stuff was just a one-off. I wouldn't say I'm yet good enough, but mostly Straya's too empty.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: September 26, 2015, 05:08:00 pm »

I just tied for first place at the Battle for Zendikar prerelease! Got nine packs.

I had a blue/black/red Eldrazi deck. I used all three colors about evenly, which can be risky, but it really only screwed me over once. And I won that game, too - with four red cards in my hand and no mountains. I managed to open up a decent amount of exiling and processor cards (which use up exiled cards for a bonus effect) to work with each other consistently and I have to say it was really fun. The exile stuff basically adds another resource to deal with on top of mana, and it changes up how the game feels.

And in my winnings I got a foil full-art mountain, which is sweet.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: October 01, 2015, 05:54:43 pm »

I would like to hand in my "I'm an adult" card while keeping my current pay please. That or just stop going to Half Price Books.

See, I've got an RPG bookshelf. It's quite full at the moment and I promised my wife I wouldn't buy anything I already don't have at least one book for until we move into a house with a spare room I can commandeer. Just over the past week, this has forced me to pass up complete boxed sets of Ravenloft and Forgotten Realms, Alternity, and City of Brass. Today, I had to pass up Spirit of the Century and both 7th Sea core books, both of which I've played in college and quite enjoyed.

So, rather than any of those neat things, I nabbed an adventure for the Arcanis d20 setting.

I think I have a problem.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:58:05 pm by Mephisto »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: October 01, 2015, 11:46:38 pm »

I didn't realize Half Price Books sold RPGs. Good to know.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: October 02, 2015, 07:00:16 am »

Used books, yes, and sometimes not for cheap. One of my local stores has Continuum: Roleplaying in the Yet which I'm interested in, but this book from 1999 (as of yesterday, the book is 16 years old) is still going for $50. It's $75 on Amazon so maybe that's a steal but it doesn't feel right paying MSRP for used goods.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 131