Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 194154 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #900 on: May 07, 2015, 03:35:19 am »

Does the Warhammer include the RPG warhammer games?

If not, does anyone know where I can get a copy of a PDF of the "No Surrender" supplement for only war, or barring that the units/rules/whatever new shit they dumped in it?

Also, does anyone know where I can find rules for aircraft for use in an only war game? Because besides the ork ones that show in final testament, there arent any.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:22 am »

Any/every, what's the difference? :P
"I can kill anyone" vs "I can kill everyone" :P

But to kill anyone, you must he able to kill everyone! ;D
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 07, 2015, 12:53:56 pm »

Any/every, what's the difference? :P
"I can kill anyone" vs "I can kill everyone" :P

But to kill anyone, you must he able to kill everyone! ;D
I assume the order here is intentionally wrong? 8)
._.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 07, 2015, 10:25:44 pm »

I hate to segregate the games, but should we make a 5e thread?

It's my understanding that irregardless of whether you make a 5e thread, 5e will still be discussed here.

Anyway:
Was wondering which is better - Only war or Dark heresy?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 08, 2015, 09:37:29 am »

So, I was looking at Monsterhearts, the 'Better Love Story then Twilight' Roleplaying System, and I decided to do a bit of homebrewing as is my wont. I'm working on a Wizard character class that essentially embodies all those power fantasies you had in high school. Most of it is looking pretty good at the moment.
However, I'm having trouble deciding how one aspect of the Wizard should work: casting the spells themselves.
What would be the best way of bringing across the feeling of 'warping reality to satisfy your own desires'? I was originally having it so that you have to destroy a String in order to cast a spell, but that didn't quite make sense. I want something that gives the players an overwhelming sense of power that is ultimately limited by their own hubris.

Would anyone have any ideas for what would make an interesting game? This is a story-based game, so remember, it doesn't have to be balanced as long as it makes for an entertaining story.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 09, 2015, 04:14:26 am »

Have your homebrew system run on Karma. If your character has the power to tell the laws of the universe to sit down and shut up for a minute, eventually it's gonna come back to bite them. The more they use the powers of magic, the more Karma builds up. Essentially it's ripping off the Wiccan belief that the Rule of Three states any energy you send out into the world, positive or negative, will return to you three times. It gives the player license to do some really fun stuff, but if they're out to grief others, the DM has the right to grief them right back.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 09, 2015, 05:14:18 am »

That's a really neat idea. It would be funny if an ultra-powerful wizard causes too much imbalance and then ends up getting hit by a car and going into a coma because karma is a bitch if you let it grow.
Thanks a lot, Jimmy.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 10, 2015, 06:03:13 am »

I have a problem, and I'd like to outsource for your help.

D&D 5e, Fabulous death bringer's game.
Rolled for stats, got 8, 9, 10, 10, 11, 12.
Those are some shitty rolls.

Currently, I have three ideas on the table:
Svirfneblin Wizard, Necromancer, Conjurer or Diviner, not sure yet.
Half-elf Bard, because everyone loves a main-support.
Human Moon Druid, with the Observant feat to make a +2 Wis race.

The idea around each of these concepts is to build around a class that only needs one stat to work and don't rely on their own stats. Conjurers, Diviners and Necromancers rely the least on their own stats, since they either make things with independent stat blocks, or give others better rolls. Moon Druids just Wildshape and go to town; the stats of the original character are an after thought. With Bardic Inspiration being limited to Cha mod, playing a Bard could be difficult, but still useful.
The other classes wouldn't really work well with stats like this. With 14/12/10 or 13/13/10 in my main stats, fighters/barbarians/paladins/monks/rangers are all off the table, since they need decent stats in their attack stat and Con, and a casting stat, for those with that. Theoretically, I could roll an archer, but even then, I'm hurting for power and versatility. Cleric and Land Druid are too reliant on high ability scores in Wisdom, which I would have to cheese to even get to 14, which makes me uncomfortable. There's already a Warlock in the party, and I'm not too hot on Sorcerers, since the interesting ones (Favored Soul and Storm) require decent secondary stats. I don't feel like I have enough stats to pull off a skill monkey.

What's my best bet here? Wizard, Bard, Druid, or something I haven't thought of?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 10, 2015, 06:55:32 am »

I'd say druid.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 10, 2015, 09:02:54 am »

Half-ogre race template make everything ok.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 10, 2015, 09:21:26 am »

Tack, it says 5e right at the top.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 10, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »

If, big if, it's like 3.5, a druid with low wisdom isn't so bad.  With wild shape replacing your physical abilities, you're only really suffering from low skill points and bonus spells.  In 3.5, druid spells have relatively few save dcs compared to arcane spells I'd say.  They focus on buffing characters rather than forcing saves, even if it's a buff that lets you throw weak fireballs for a few rounds.  So a druid seems like a good choice when stat rolls are bad.  BUT!  (again, if it's like 3.5) you should consider prioritizing constitution, since wild shape in 3.5 doesn't change HP at all.  You use the HP of your normal squishy form, despite what the animal's CON is.  It's a weakness of elf druids.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 10, 2015, 11:00:11 pm »

There's no races in 5e?
I will be honest I have no idea how 5e works.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 11, 2015, 12:06:34 am »

There's no races in 5e?
I will be honest I have no idea how 5e works.

There are races in 5e. There is (as-yet) no sea of easily abused races, templates, and racial templates in 5e.

Though the human variant is pretty sweet, swapping +1 to every ability score for +1 to two ability scores of your choice plus a feat and an extra skill proficiency.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 131