Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 192755 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #315 on: January 20, 2015, 04:14:38 pm »

But then again I know it's more about the $$$ and I also have little interest in expensive addictive hobbies like trading cards and miniatures, heh.
TCGs are probably less expensive than miniatures by a wide margin. Paper cards are much cheaper than pewter/plastic minis.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 20, 2015, 05:18:42 pm »

I was directed to Eclipse Phase. Transhumanist horror RPG.

Haven't checked the thread, so it might have been mentioned, but eh.

You can be a goddamn knife fighting space octopus.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 20, 2015, 06:23:17 pm »

It makes sense from the standpoint that two players using the same race would need to differentiate somehow, right?
But then again I know it's more about the $$$ and I also have little interest in expensive addictive hobbies like trading cards and miniatures, heh.
I think if it's something you willingly procrastinate instead of doing, it's not addictive.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 21, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »

So, can I ask you D&D buffs something?

Do you think a 15th level fighter that swings a greatsword that deals like three different kinds of bonus damage at +25/+17/+13 is sufficient for a good boss agains three or so 15th-level melee'ers and two non-direct damage dealers? Or is that too much?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 21, 2015, 10:07:25 pm »

That'd be 10d6 reliable combat damage per turn, since I'm assuming at least one attack won't hit per turn. Compare that to a CR ~16 monster and see how it holds up.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:04 pm »

Hm. Should work, I guess. Maybe pair him with a couple elite guards or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 07, 2015, 10:54:55 am »

I posted about my coworker giving me two boxes of stuff in the happy thread. Well, I finally opened them up and sorted through them. The result is probably better for a thread such as this one.

Prepare yourself, awesomeness incoming.

The commenters on my Reddit post have already helped me to determine that Deities and Demigods is a first-edition - it includes the Cthulhu section and does not credit Chaosium.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 07, 2015, 11:51:40 am »

Alright... I don't even know Tabletop all that much, and methinks you've hit the motherload.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

Do you think a 15th level fighter that swings a greatsword that deals like three different kinds of bonus damage at +25/+17/+13 is sufficient for a good boss agains three or so 15th-level melee'ers and two non-direct damage dealers? Or is that too much?

how much bonus damage of each type
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2015, 03:27:49 pm »

how much bonus damage of each type
Never mind anymore. Bit late there.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 07, 2015, 03:31:26 pm »

Well how'd it work then?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 07, 2015, 03:40:27 pm »

Ok, DnD question:

Do I have any chance of learning how to play the game by just reading the manuel, or do I need someone to actually be there to help be through? Because I really want to learn to play, but I dont know anyone that does play, so I'm kind of stuck in limbo...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 07, 2015, 04:02:01 pm »

Ok, DnD question:

Do I have any chance of learning how to play the game by just reading the manuel, or do I need someone to actually be there to help be through? Because I really want to learn to play, but I dont know anyone that does play, so I'm kind of stuck in limbo...
There's a bunch of games in Play with your buddies and FG&RP, and I'm not sure what you mean by manual. Like the SRD or PHB? If so, it would be advised to collect some other source-books depending on what role you want to play in a group.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 07, 2015, 10:22:16 pm »

Well how'd it work then?
Hm? Oh, I just went and compared it to the builds the players had and figured that it was perfectly fine.

Ok, DnD question:

Ohoho, you're looking for D&D? FG&RP has you covered. I learned to play off the SRD and by running my own and playing in games. I think that I'm the guy who started the D&D cascade down there. There were one or two before, but apparently three broke the limit and it just went downhill from there until there were roughly as many D&D games as there were FEF games.

There'll probably be another game within the month, whether it's because I stay up too late one night and think "Hey, I can manage 4 games! Yeah!" or somebody else (such as one of the people already down there) decides they can run another.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 08, 2015, 07:09:03 pm »

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:26:04 am by penguinofhonor »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 131