Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 131

Author Topic: Tabletop Games Thread  (Read 192896 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Tabletop Games Thread
« Reply #1515 on: March 06, 2016, 09:28:00 am »

No, the DM should be the one tripping, and everyone else totally sober and pissed off at him.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 06, 2016, 12:14:37 pm »

Had some painful moments from our DM recently.
Not truly awful, but a few moments of getting cockblocked killed the vibe, and I didn't attempt anything awesome after that.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 06, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

So I found out my Local Game Store closed its doors for good last November.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 06, 2016, 02:06:13 pm »

So I found out my Local Game Store closed its doors for good last November.
Alas, this cruel mistress. With one hand she giveth, with the other she taketh away. The age of the internet is one of poverty as well as prosperity.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 06, 2016, 05:23:04 pm »

At least you had one. All we've got in town is a shop that sells board games and the occasional TCG booster pack. No luck if you're into tabletop RPGs, although there is a 40K group that rents a small office front in the ass end of nowhere one day each week. Since I'm more into D&D and Pathfinder, neither are my cup of tea. I just host a game night each week at my place instead.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 06, 2016, 06:35:56 pm »

My town has a single LGS, which also doubles as a video game store and a store for pens and folders and stuff. They're lucky enough to be between two of the largest schools and the largest bus stop in town. That said, all businesses have been having trouble staying alive here. Recently saw a store that even my dad says has always been there selling everything..

Anyway, that store is basically the concentration of nerds in this town. They play mtg once a month and also have a DnD campaign, so I'm lucky to have found them.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 06, 2016, 08:39:44 pm »

My town has a single LGS, which also doubles as a video game store and a store for pens and folders and stuff.
Anyway, that store is basically the concentration of nerds in this town. They play mtg once a month and also have a DnD campaign, so I'm lucky to have found them.

Yeah my old town had an anime store which doubled as the LGS and was the vibrant nerd-hub of the town.

Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 06, 2016, 09:36:41 pm »

I have to drive a couple towns over to visit a comic book shop that basically has to service all non-videogame-related nerd-needs for my entire county area. It's a nice place and the owners are very accommodating of gaming groups, but still.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 07, 2016, 01:21:43 am »

Maybe this means some of you guys should start your own gaming stores?
Blackjack and hookers optional, but recommended.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 07, 2016, 05:57:57 am »

So I'm running a game on another forum using 5e rules. It's about humans running away from a nuclear world war into a fantasy world where humans didn't exist. The protagonists are a party of kids going to what's basically Adventurer Academy. Think of it as D&D Harry Potter.

I need help getting stats for regular kids. They're Commoner class until they begin Adventurer Academy, but I'm giving them really high numbers in one stat that their archetype uses.

So is an 8 in all stats, with like a 12-14 in one stat, reasonable for mysteriously-gifted human kids?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 07, 2016, 06:21:44 am »

Considered it, but doubt the demand is high enough in my local area market to justify the setup costs and advertising budget. I couldn't afford rent on a major shopping mall retail outlet and survive for more than two years at a negative GP margin, and a minor retail outlet simply wouldn't generate enough business to meet costs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 07, 2016, 11:47:55 am »

So I'm running a game on another forum using 5e rules. It's about humans running away from a nuclear world war into a fantasy world where humans didn't exist. The protagonists are a party of kids going to what's basically Adventurer Academy. Think of it as D&D Harry Potter.

I need help getting stats for regular kids. They're Commoner class until they begin Adventurer Academy, but I'm giving them really high numbers in one stat that their archetype uses.

So is an 8 in all stats, with like a 12-14 in one stat, reasonable for mysteriously-gifted human kids?

How about, roll the stats normally using whatever 5E method (random, preset), then give each stat 1d6 "negative levels" of some sort for young age or something. Well, if they're going to grow up during the campaign or something. Otherwise, just use a smaller array I suppose.

The standard array is 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8.
You could do something like 14, 12, 12, 11, 10, 8 as suggested in this link. Not sure if there's an "objective" array you could come up with, they all seem pretty arbitrary.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:01 am »

Something about pen & paper gamers, gambling and sex which doesn't seem to mesh.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 07, 2016, 05:59:43 pm »

pen & paper, mtg with ante and hentai?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 07, 2016, 06:33:02 pm »

Are you surprised, with the existence of F.A.T.A.L?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 131