Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Done!)  (Read 19102 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Banner, House Name)
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2014, 10:20:40 am »

Now we just need Lucus' roll :P

He's got his own house...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2014, 10:24:04 am »

Which may be a problem since given our power score, we can't afford a banner house at all so...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2014, 10:42:43 am »

Which may be a problem since given our power score, we can't afford a banner house at all so...

It might have been a problem if me and him hadn't agreed to forgo that cost, so...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2014, 10:49:54 am »

Oh, that's alright then.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2014, 11:06:25 am »

Now we just need Lucus' roll :P

He's got his own house...
Ah, okay.  That's fine, then.  I'm just glad we got the defense we needed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2014, 12:01:56 pm »

Alright, while the votes are trickling in, we should move on to the next part...

Lands, Domains and Defense
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whoever made the map doesn't know how to spell. If it's too big, try to paste it to your search bar and go.

Anyway, we need to put our house SOMEWHERE.

Here's a list of the most likely places...note, if our house is in a place, it will replace the canon house-assuming they can't live side by side....or, they might be your enemies, or even your banner men. Alternate history!

<Directions are roughly from Winterfell>

Northwest
Bear Island The island contains old gnarled oaks, tall pines, flowering thornbushes, moss-covered grey stones, and steep hills with streams. Aside from a few crofters, the inhabitants of Bear Island live along the coasts and fish the seas. Often raided by Ironmen-those living here learn to beware Krakens rising from the deep.
Canon: Seat of House Mormont.

Sea Dragon Point Thinly-populated Sea Dragon Point contains hills and bogs. Ancient strongholds of the First Men have fallen into ruins, while its highest hills contain weirwood circles of the children of the forest. Wildlife include otters in lakes, salmon in rivers, clams along the shore, and colonies of seals. Sea Dragon Point has a hundred hidden coves and pine forests useful for ship-building.
Canon: No one lives here, but ghosts.

Deepwood Motte Encircled in the Northern Wolfswoods, very hilly, apparently not much else.
Canon: Seat of House Glover.

Mountains An extension of the Frostfang Mountains, very...mountainous. As cold as the name implies. Wildlings raid the hills, and Krakens the shores.
Canon: Owned by a conglomerate of forty extremely contentious Northern clans, who are fighting with each other as often as outsiders.

West
Stony Shore Sparsely populated with only a few fishing villages. Often raided by bored Ironmen.
Canon: Few live here, and no major houses.

The Rills A hilly land with numerous streams and brooks. Plenty of water to move a boat in-the Krakens hunt here, extensively.
Canon: Seat of House Ryswell

The Barrowlands A region of wide, hilly plains covered with barrows, the ancient graves of the First Men. Mostly safe, unless you count the inhabitants.
Canon: Seat of House Dustin

Southwest
The Neck A swampy and boggy land, notable for it's quicksand and lizard-lions. Often raided by...pretty much everyone. Called the Key to the North.
Canon: Seat of House Reed, and the Crannogmen-swamp dwellers and frog-eaters.

Cape Kraken An extension of the neck, but leads in the sea. Still lots of quicksand. Krakens come here. Lots.
Canon: No major houses.

Southeast
White Harbor Flat and pleasant land, highly populated and made rich through trade-it occupies a strategic spot at the outflow of the White Knife, a river which runs deep into the North. Aside from their neighbors, mostly peaceful-though Pirates raiding from the Sisters and the Fingers are a constant danger.
Canon: Seat of House Manderly.

East
Hornwood? A hilly and forested land, bordered by White Harbor to the South, the Boltons to the North. Connected to the broken branch, giving it a valuable link to the sea. There's also Boltons, did I mention them?
Canon: Seat of the Hornwoods.

Widows Watch A bleak and stony shore that juts into the sea, oft battered by terrible storms. Pirates are a problem, and Boltons too.
Canon: Seat of House Flint

Northeast
Lonely Hills A lonely, hilly land, bordered by several rivers. Wildlings who sneak past the wall raid here.
Canon: Seat of House Umber

Grey Hills A land of grey rocks, grey trees, and grey seas. Quite lonely. Wildlings and pirates.
Canon: Seat of House Karstark.

Weeping Water A small, oft frozen river that flows straight to the Dreadfort. Hilly, forested land. Boltons live here, which is bad enough.
Canon: Seat of House Bolton.

North North
Long Lake The center of the North, and source of most of it's rivers. Wildling raiders seem to find this place more than often-many major battles have occurred here in the past.
Canon: No major houses.

The Gift Donated to the Night's Watch by House Stark when the order was founded thousands of years ago, in order to support the Night's Watch with food and provisions. It's pretty much abandoned now, except for some small villages, due to the Wildling raiders. Technically not subject to the authority of Winterfell, but to the Night's Watch.
Canon: No major houses are here anymore, though once there were many who support the Black Brothers.

((Editing this post with more info as I obtain it...))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:54:54 pm by Dwarmin »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Banner, House Name/Lands, Domains)
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2014, 12:31:21 pm »

The mountains in the Northwest are part of the Frostfangs, I am pretty sure.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2014, 12:49:49 pm »

Protip: images can be resized
ex: [img width=1000 height=810]http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/c/cd/The_North2.jpg[/img]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that the house keep should be bordering the bay of ice.  We could name it "Last Harbor".  Or alternatively "Ice Harbor" if it's only free of ice a few months a year.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 12:52:55 pm »

I'd say it would be more preferable to move into the rills myself. The bay of ice doesn't really offer much opportunities apart from freezing.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »

Freezing is something I know well.

I agree with placing us on the Bay of Ice.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2014, 01:13:18 pm »

Unfortunately, being covered in permafrost is not a really good option if you want to do anything else :P

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2014, 01:15:49 pm »

Eh.  The rest of the northern houses managed.  And unlike many of them, we can get boats instead of walking.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2014, 01:17:41 pm »

I'd rather we either seat ourself just between the Frostfangs and the Wolfswood, because the Frostfangs themselves are full of dirty, uncivilized clansmen, and not the place for highborn folk such as us. Deepwood Motte could move a little further west for our convenience.

Or seat ourselves just north of the Rills, inbetween the Rills and the Wolfswood, or just in the northern part of the Rills. Iirc there are only minor houses there, I think Ryswell hangs out in the south-center of the area.
Love, scriver~

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2014, 01:18:30 pm »

Personally, I was thinking we could plonk our holdings down near the mouth of one of the rivers.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2014, 01:19:20 pm »

I have no oppion.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16