Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: ASOIAF RPG-An End to Summer (Todo: Done!)  (Read 19096 times)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we all in agreement, then?

House:  Icehearth (or Rockhearth, whichever)
Words:  From Snow, Ice.
Sigil:

If so, now I think the only thing left is for each of us to choose one of the house attributes to apply +1d6 points apiece.

I'd advise getting defense over 50 so we can get a superior castle, and more lands and power are always nice.  We're pretty much good on law and population.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Alright, I'll need you all to type AGREE in bold if you like that. Or just nod your heads enthusiastically.

And, Lucus is right about the next step.

Pick one of your house ranks.

Defense Rank:
Influence Rank:
Land Rank:
Law Rank:
Population Rank:
Power Rank:
Wealth Rank:

Every player adds +1d6 to their choice-essentially, what was your characters contributing to your house, before the events of the game-be it punishing lawbreakers, or increasing it's wealth through trade, diplomacy with neighbors, etc. I'll roll them all up, and add it and the house choice to the OP.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

AGREE

Kyle would assist with training the guard for the defense of the castle.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

I agree, we have a house named Icehearth or Rockhearth in the moutains on the northwest of the northern kingdom with the awesome polar bear banner.  Not sold on the motto but that's not important right now.

Elise naturally would be contributing the wealth rank of the house.  When she joined her cousins in the north she brought with her a few "gifts" of value that I'm not quite sure about yet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Kyle Somethinghearth adds...3 defense

Elise Horn adds...5 wealth

I think the motto could be better too, and Rockhearth sounds better to me...Icehearth? How does that make sense? :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

More mottos:

"Through Hail and Storm"

"First and Last" - referring both to being (among) the first struck by winter and the last reached by spring, as well as referencing our First Men bloodline and how we will outlast the newcomers.

"That Is Not Dead" which can through winter lie. Hehe. Sorry, wrong religion :P

"Tested by Time, Tempered through Battle". Not sure about the syntax.

"Cold of Blood and Steel". "Cold of Steel and Blood"?

"We Will Weather". Alternatively, "We Weather the Winds". Or Cold. Or Winter. The point remains the same, we will endure.

"The Slumbering Fury". Because it's a bear!

"Rouse Us Not". Also because bear. Basically "fuck with us on your own risk". Or "No housekeeping please" :D

Edit: Oh, ninja'd by progress. A bit late I suppose. very well.

Cortnay would've been working with Status by consorting with his fellow nobles and being his charming self.

By the way, Dwarmin, how much status would be neccessary to be a member of a House thus size? I forgot I needed to pay attention to that, so I might have to reroll to someone with a bit more points.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

By the way, Dwarmin, how much status would be neccessary to be a member of a House thus size? I forgot I needed to pay attention to that, so I might have to reroll to someone with a bit more points.

Status 4 for a member, Status 5 for an heir. But, I won't stick to that exactly if your RP supports a lower score.

You will have heirs or a house member who was not exactly a paragon of virtue, for whatever reason.

Generally, if you don't plan on actually taking an inheriting position, it probably doesn't have to be high as all that.

Edit

Also, Cortnay earns...5 influence for his house.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Status 4 for a member, Status 5 for an heir. But, I won't stick to that exactly if your RP supports a lower score.

You will have heirs or a house member who was not exactly a paragon of virtue, for whatever reason.

Generally, if you don't plan on actually taking an inheriting position, it probably doesn't have to be high as all that.

Edit

Also, Cortnay earns...5 influence for his house.
I feel like I got jipped on my roll.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel like I got jipped on my roll.

Lemme roll again.

Aw, you gotta a 1.

"First and Last"

Nice!

Agree with this one.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm not sold on the location. I'd pre us to be set in the rills, near one of the rivers and down by the coast. Not as mountainous, but that's an advantage in itself, and lets us benefit from the rivers down there. Also means we're closer to the iron islands too, which means some more bundles of well-armed joy coming to us :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm not sold on the location.

Also, pick a house rank to increase, yo.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I meant internally Dwarmin. I know we're doing the north, just where exactly is what's up for debate :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I just got double jipped.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I just got double jipped.

Lemme try again.

The dice say you have to reroll your character.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16