Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which do ya grab: Plasma Sword or Autocannon?

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
*lightsaber noises*

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 96

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), OOC Thread! -END-  (Read 89972 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 3 (FEF3), OOC Thread! The game is on!
« Reply #180 on: November 23, 2014, 10:24:45 am »

At this rate, Alicia is going to start having an addiction to vulnerary and I'm going to have to change her personal skill to reflect that. LEMONY GOODNESS.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 23, 2014, 02:51:24 pm »

Boo on levels.

Also dammit Birdy, stop wasting your move and vulns when I can heal you just as easily. ;/

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 23, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »

As long as our loveable boss is nearly one shotting everyone, I'll keep myself healed up. Ethan is a death monster and Alicia isn't one of those just yet. Hence, his health is our health. Keep Ethan alive, and he will drive dat pain train to glory over our foes. Besides, it keeps Cetus safe which is also a very important thing.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 24, 2014, 05:51:38 pm »

;/

We really need to stop wasting our vulns so much. Just go stab the mage or something and let Cetus heal Barus next turn. He'll just go right back down if we vuln him, better to just do damage.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 24, 2014, 08:44:18 pm »

;/

We really need to stop wasting our vulns so much. Just go stab the mage or something and let Cetus heal Barus next turn. He'll just go right back down if we vuln him, better to just do damage.
"Personal Fault: Developed Taste -- the character has a preference for using a vulnerary or any healing item whenever possible."

:P

But yeah, this sets good background for RP.
Low rations, and privateer bands are commonly associated with no nation so...

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 24, 2014, 10:15:18 pm »

;/

One tiny issue with that. 4 Movement.

The only person I can stab is the Soldier, whose counterstab and subsequent finisher stab will leave us 3 people down opposed to at an absolute minimum of 2. If I saw correctly, the Soldier can only stab Ethan or Cetus. The old dude can hit can hit just about anyone, but to do successfully, he'll leave himself open for a double lady stab supreme that will be fatal.

If Baurus keeps standing, he'll also be able to punt that soldier into killing range for us Swordusers. In the meantime, they only take 2 down and we retain the advantage, as opposed to praying to critzocoatl. The Great Crits God has smiled on us a LOT this battle and I should hope his favor does not change.

As for my gratuitous usage of Vulnerary, trust me when I say it's worth it. I can defend my usage, but I don't want to do a write up on preventing KOs as opposed to waiting for them to happen.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 24, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

I don't want to waste vulns. You already used all three of yours, so fine, that's your choice. If you'd rather not die, at least go stand in front of the soldier, making it harder for them to come and stab me, thus preventing all of us from being healed. :/

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 24, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »

Then we have three people primed to be taken down, maybe more!

I don't see where your logic is at right now. It's not waste if it's keeping us up. I didn't survive at 1 Hp because of luck. It was all calculation to keep us in the fight and avoid us dropping like flies.
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 24, 2014, 11:02:09 pm »

How are three people being taken down? Lets see:

Pirate C is in range of Blade's chick, but won't actually be able to kill her if he even manages to hit.

Second: You're at 18 HP? So either one of them attacks you and one of them attacks Ethan, you survive. Or both attack you, we have Ethan still up and able to start murdering things, or both of them attack me, I survive, we move on.

As opposed to your plan, which would have the lancer stabbing Ethan and the fire guy blasting Barius, or other way around, thus resulting in both likely being down and another vuln wasted.

FOR THE RECORD: I am saying you should move and stand in front of the lancer, not attack him.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 11:04:28 pm by Swordstar »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 24, 2014, 11:13:47 pm »

So... BMM and I realized we... don't have a tank? So... if someone were willing to change their build some so we could have a tank... that'd be nice?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2014, 12:47:52 am »

I'm going to be the closest thing to a tank we have, aren't I?

How the hell do I have the second highest DEF growth when I made it only 50%? Why does Jesseo have the highest and Natasha the third highest when they're the priests? :X Ah, well. I'll eat a bullet. Hasp, can I move 10% out of RES and into DEF so at least one melee fighter can go toe to toe?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2014, 01:19:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FE2 (click to show/hide)

Mhmm. See the difference?

FE2 featured 6 main characters and 1 ally up against 11 enemies. Many of the people on the player side of things were armed with bows and other ranged weapons so that they could stay out of trouble. Also; they were allowed to make purchase of a few items before map start, including an Iron Longbow if I recall. I didn't look too closely. The weapon triangle is not really all that much of a factor, with as much range, fire, and dark magic as they had on that ship. It ended on the fifth turn and no two people were downed at once.

FE3 at it's current count is pitting 4 main characters and 1 ally up against 17 enemies. Only Baurus has a ranged attack, and we lack magic and significant firepower outside of the magnificent murder badass that is Ethan. The Weapon Triangle is an extreme factor, as the enemy have had the distinct advantage of being able to hit our weaknesses. Our swords can hardly scratch the Soldiers, and the Swordsmen have been persistent little wasps against Ethan and Baurus. Our consolation prize is that the Axemen have had no luck hitting us when it really would have mattered. But now, we're on the 6th turn with two people downed.

We've had a much more difficult fight than our predecessors. The enemy is more numerous and we are more few. This puts us in a perilous position, which in my opinion justifies the usage of emergency medicine.

Now, I realize that I've mostly been joking about the whole LEMONY GOODNESS thing, but we really are in a tough spot. The challenge has been thrown down by the mighty kitty, and I must say that I'm loving it. But I don't think we're going to get through this chapter without strugglebussing unless we dip into our reserves. It's not a matter of making a joke or anything like that, but surviving with the least chance of death. Playing it safe as opposed to taking a gamble. Keeping that in mind, we are pirates. I know the very first thing that I'm going to have Alicia do after killing the boss is start looting the ship for goodies. Namely, the enemy ship's medicine cabinet to replace the Vulnerary's she had to use up.

---

Finally, last argument. You do realize that Cetus is a priest... Right? If he's going to be doing anything, it's going to be healing an ally and staying out of the line of fire. Unless Cetus receives some deadly focus fire this round; you aren't going to need that vulnerary. And even if you do require healing, why are you healing yourself when there are allies who are going to need healing more?

Now, I'm tired of arguing and it's late as heck for me right now upon writing this all. Are you going to let me use that Vulnerary or not? Yes or no?[/spoiler]

Spoilered the conversation. Mostly because it's large and clunky.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:54:44 am by birdy51 »
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2014, 01:23:02 am »

No. I already made my argument, and your argument doesn't sway me. If you don't want to body block, that's fine, move somewhere else. But as far as I see, it's just going to be a waste of a vuln and I'm not interested in that.  To be clear, it's not about me needing that vuln right now, or even this battle. It's about wasting vulns when it's not needed. So sorry, but you can't have it. Move out of the way if you want, fine, I don't care.

Edit: Also ha, like Hasp will give us free vulns wrt your looting comment.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:26:51 am by Swordstar »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2014, 01:31:26 am »

Went to the restroom. Developed plan C which is marginally smarter than both Plan A and Plan B. It's a compromise. Alicia steps to the north of Cetus and takes his Vulnerary. She doesn't use it and stalls for a turn.

She's in range to attack Tekov and can tank the hit from the Soldier. We're still stalemated to hell, but it affords more options than just going up there and doing nothing for a turn.  Does this sound any better?
BIRDS.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 25, 2014, 01:33:49 am »

So... Bodyblock the soldier like I suggested in the first place? ;/

I see no reason for you to take Cetus's vulns though.

Edit: To clarify, this isn't even me being like "no wasting vulns" I just honestly don't see why you need to take them?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:38:45 am by Swordstar »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 96