Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Well then...  (Read 3079 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Well then...
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2014, 05:51:02 pm »

I'm not so sure about Nordic Union II, but it's flag would probably look awesome. This is the flag used when Norway and Sweden were in a personal union. I'm skeptical of Czechoslovakia II as well, though I don't think that's a bad forecast for Belgium if it does split up and that does seem to be the direction Ukraine is heading in. Balkans gonna Balkan.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2014, 08:13:48 pm »

I think it would be more efficient to use the nukes for fuel in reactors powering gigantic engines if we were going to use them to move something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion

Yes I've heard of this before but I think if you just used a power plant to convert all of it into pure energy instead I think you could move a celestial body better then just constantly setting off bombs in the same place
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2014, 08:19:24 pm »

I think it would be more efficient to use the nukes for fuel in reactors powering gigantic engines if we were going to use them to move something

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pulse_propulsion

Yes I've heard of this before but I think if you just used a power plant to convert all of it into pure energy instead I think you could move a celestial body better then just constantly setting off bombs in the same place
Converting energry reduces efficiency. The best way would be to focus the force of the blast somehow to avoid wasting so much energy by dissipating it into the atmosphere.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2014, 08:58:41 pm »

Could just break a large chunk off that would alter earths orbit

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2014, 10:27:43 pm »

http://youtu.be/95iVJt4LgMk?t=7m29s

Also, if you're going about to destroy the world wouldn't you think efficiency and budgeting would be thrown out the window since you all would be dead?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2014, 10:44:15 pm »

http://youtu.be/95iVJt4LgMk?t=7m29s

Also, if you're going about to destroy the world wouldn't you think efficiency and budgeting would be thrown out the window since you all would be dead?

In the Mastermind video game, you're trying to destroy the world. If you succeed,  you're in your space capsule, giving the asloded earth the Finger.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2014, 10:45:15 pm »

Srsly, though. Why does that video lack the Vella Incident?
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 03:46:20 pm »

Could just break a large chunk off that would alter earths orbit
Not on its own it wouldn't. The force to blow the chunk off, sure. But then we're back to the "not enough bombs" problem.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 05:25:47 pm »

Or use the nuclear bombs to power a space craft out into space instead of trying to move the planet since all our plans involve killing everything on earth

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 05:27:00 pm »

Or use the nuclear bombs to power a space craft out into space instead of trying to move the planet since all our plans involve killing everything on earth
Because this is about moving the Earth, not escaping it.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 08:22:08 pm »

Srsly, though. Why does that video lack the Vella Incident?
Probably because it's not a confirmed nuclear incident.  Very likely so, certainly, but not confirmed.

Also, Europe projection is the second-silliest thing I've seen, starting right from 2014 Catalunyan independence and the independence of the entirety of Novorossiya the same year.  Kosovo independence in exchange for Serbian autonomy opens the proverbial Pandora's box of Preševo Valley.  Belarussian annexation to Russia won't happen with Lukashenko in charge, not with his demands and deteriorating relations with Russia.  Scandinavian Union makes no sense without a complete collapse of the European Union, and likewise with a Czech-Slovak reunification.  Balearic Islands joining Catalunya feels weird.  On the flip side, a Greater Novorossiya not joining Russia by following the Crimean example is plenty odd in itself.  Eurabia is paranoiac fearmongering by the ridiculous right.  It's all border changes for the sake of border changes, and the only reason I wouldn't call it a Russia-wank is because the creator mentions a Russian collapse due to nationalism in passing (albeit, it's worth noting, one that seems to only barely affect many of the constituent republics of Russia, in contrast to a rump-UK that collapses further under ethnic strife due to a party that hasn't gotten over a fifth of the vote in its own nation since 1999).  "Possible", certainly, for a loose definition of the word, but probably not much more so than the mighty nation of Liechtenstein conquering Europe. 

((Also, Estonia as Scandinavian.  Most unrealistic, even moreso than Scotland joining Scandinavia. :P And now I'm going to have Sting stuck in my head for a week. <_<))

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2014, 12:15:41 am »

Man, Eurabia. I hope Leichtenslavia can defeat the dormant pan-Belgian caliphate in time.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2014, 06:39:32 pm »

Found this

https://what-if.xkcd.com/20/

What would happen if a 100 meter diamond meatier struck the earth at (near) the speed of light

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2014, 06:43:44 pm »

Was it America or Russia or multiple nations that detonated nukes in orbit to see what they would do?
Murrica
Operation Fishbowl

also Soviet Project K
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις
Pages: 1 2 [3]