Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: XCEF OOC: X-Com Fire Emblem  (Read 48315 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: XCEF OOC: X-Com Fire Emblem
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2014, 05:26:48 pm »

As we gain access to better weapons, how will we gain a corresponding increase in weapon skill? Presumably I won't be able to use an alloy cannon right now even if we had one.

Quoting since I haven't gotten an answer yet.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2014, 05:28:57 pm »

I assume level skill is either increased by whatever custom promotion GiglyD makes up, by certain perks, or just passively with levels.

But I would like that answer, too.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2014, 05:57:56 pm »

Most certainly going to join.
(are there gonna be supports? you should keep them in for maximum TRAGEDIES when someone dies)
Gigla~
You forgot to answer this!

Con's role has been replaced with str in calculating AS, yeah.
So...err...the formula for calculating AS is now something that can GROW?

As in,
Spoiler: Stolen from handbook (click to show/hide)
Err, wait.
Spoiler: Really stolen now (click to show/hide)
Meaning:
If STR = Con in this game.
AS: Attack Skill. This is compared to your enemy's AS. If your AS is greater by 4 or more, you will
score two hits against them instead of one. Under normal circumstances, 2 hits is the maximum number
of attacks you can launch in one combat round. The second hit will always occur after your opponent's
counter attack. The value is calculated by the following formula:
(SPD - [Weapon Weight - {STR + Proficiency Bonus}]). Any Negative counts as 0.

@_@?
We'll be having a...an evolving AS?
This may...be a bit silly, but it is also realistic if you're dealing with weapons...huh.

Edit:
Wait, where was I...? Oh yeah! I've made progress in readable, new and improved charts. Now with tiny inventory icons!
[...]
Amaaazing .__.
Also I like that there's a bipod for sniper rifles. x3
...I didn't know that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:01:31 pm by Tiruin »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »

I didn't even notice the bipod.
Good attention to detail.
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

I'd watch the shit out of that.
This, but also please don't make me remake to a super sunshine pink pigtails magical girl who thinks she's in a dating sim.

We'll be having a...an evolving AS?
This may...be a bit silly, but it is also realistic if you're dealing with weapons...huh.
Remember that high CON can't grant AS, just reduce penalties to it. So we'll be able to handle heavier and more absurd weapons, but our AS proper won't be shooting through the roof.

I mean, it probably will anyway because we've got like four people with 8 SPD (70%), but not because of STR growth, directly.

Plus, we're not sure if there's any such thing as promotion bonuses, nor do we know the answer to Blademaster's question of whether we get proficiency bonuses. So our effective CON's probably not going to get that ridiculous at higher levels.

I should be fine with my stats. Worst case, I die and reroll.
You still need stat progressions. You get 330% to distribute amongst your non-Movement stats, and also presumably Psi can't be raised either (though if Giggles was feeling particularly dickish I guess that could be our "You never asked huehuehuehuehue" way into psionics). In default FEF, 10% is minimum, 70% is maximum; except for HP, for which 40% is min and 100% is max (not that there's any purpose to having a stat over 100%). Again, all of this in default, so I don't know how much applies here.

Every time you gain a level, you have your progression chance to raise that stat by 1 point, so a 100% stat goes up every time, a 10% stat only goes up 10% of the time, and so on. Levels are, again in default, gained collectively by doing stuff and reasonably common.

Speaking of which, you're probably not familiar with what any of these stats are. Assuming they're identical to default FEF except where we know they're not:

Each point of HP is pretty self-explanatory.
Each point of STR reduces any AS penalties (more on that later) you may be taking due to weapon WT by 1 and (presumably) adds 1 point to non-stun baton melee weapon damage.
Each point of SKL increases accuracy by 2% and Critical Strike Chance (3x damage) by 0.5%.
Each point of LCK increases accuracy by 0.5%, Evasion by 1%, and reduces your chance to be critically struck by 1%.
Each point of DEF reduces damage taken from melee attacks by 1 point, reduces damage taken from explosions and ballistic weapons by 0.5 points, and reduces damage taken from plasma weapons by 0.25 points.
Each point of WIL supposedly defends against psionic attacks by both making them easier to resist and less impactful when they do hit. Presumably it functions as sort of a combination of SPD and DEF against psionic attacks.
Each point of SPD increases your AS by 1 and therefore your Evasion by 2%.

AS is a vitally important stat that determines your Evasion rate and ability to perform/be double attacked. If your AS is 4 points or more above an enemy's, you attack them twice each time you attack (and, hilariously, each time they attack you and you counterattack). If it's 4 points or more below, they get the same deal against you. AS is calculated as your SPD score, minus your weapon's WT, reduced by your STR score. So for instance, if you have 5 SPD, 2 STR, and are using a 7 WT weapon, your AS would be 0- 5 base, minus 7 from WT, but with that penalty reduced by 2 from STR. If you have 5 SPD, 12 STR, and a 7 WT weapon, your AS would be 5- 5 base, minus 7 from WT, but reduced to nothing by STR.

You can find the system this one's based off of here, if you want to read in more detail. Most of it's probably not terribly relevant outside of the basic mechanics, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2014, 06:23:51 pm »

I thought a percent over 100 would be a chance to get 2 points?
Like if you 105% HP progression (through promotions) then you'd have a 5% chance of getting 2 points in HP, and otherwise you only get 1?
The Derail Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2014, 06:31:08 pm »

I thought a percent over 100 would be a chance to get 2 points?
Like if you 105% HP progression (through promotions) then you'd have a 5% chance of getting 2 points in HP, and otherwise you only get 1?
I think you're right. The PHB specifically mentions that you can boost HP growth above 100% with your 5% promotion bonus, which wouldn't have any effect otherwise.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »

I'll churn out a XCEF handbook at some point that'll answer questions. Busy at the mo with an assessment.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2014, 08:31:40 pm »

Alright! The spacing's crude and some of the icons suck, but I believe I have everyone who has currently submitted a character, plus their equipment.

I'm actually rather shocked to see that our most common class is Officer, at 3. Refresh-spam ho!

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2014, 08:36:21 pm »

I'm actually rather shocked to see that our most common class is Officer, at 3. Refresh-spam ho!

Too many chiefs, not enough Hoovy.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2014, 08:54:55 pm »

Actually we could probably use another medic. Suddenly 1 doesn't seem like quite enough anymore, even with all of the officers around to refresh them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2014, 08:56:58 pm »

That'd just lead to a hilarious and tragic situation with all our officers clustered around the medic, and a Muton deciding it'd be a good place to throw his grenade.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2014, 08:58:42 pm »

The refresh radius is 3 squares, so that'd have to be a pretty big grenade to catch all of us at the same time...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2014, 09:16:40 pm »

Blaster Bomb?

(which leads to a question:  is this New XCOM or Old X-Com?  A couple perks imply the former, but it could always be both...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2014, 09:17:35 pm »

Blaster Bomb?

(which leads to a question:  is this New XCOM or Old X-Com?  A couple perks imply the former, but it could always be both...
Yes.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36