Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36

Author Topic: XCEF OOC: X-Com Fire Emblem  (Read 48297 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: XCEF OOC: X-Com Fire Emblem
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2014, 10:30:00 am »

Alright. That is definitely a good thing to know in this game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2014, 07:38:38 pm »

Will base construction/expansion be a thing, or will it be just an alternation of "base phase" and "mission phase?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2014, 07:43:48 pm »

As there is not money, base modules will be treated like engineering projects. They'll be added to base defence maps, and aliens can wreck 'em if you're not careful.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2014, 11:49:43 am »

Toaster in FEF @_@
I am  :D

As there is not money, base modules will be treated like engineering projects. They'll be added to base defence maps, and aliens can wreck 'em if you're not careful.
So Aliens are the Bandits to our Supply Line hmm?
...This references Long War (of XCOM: EW mod) right?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2014, 10:36:07 pm »

Spoiler: Elizabeth Faust (click to show/hide)
Finally. Now I can get back to work on more charts!

Kidding, kidding. I already began upgrading the charts in the middle of this. I may have a problem.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 06:25:56 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 10, 2014, 04:49:39 am »

DAMN IT IMGUR I NEED TO FOCUS

Wait, where was I...? Oh yeah! I've made progress in readable, new and improved charts. Now with tiny inventory icons!

The rainbow aura things were cool but not very clear, and the "filled in hexagon" thing just didn't lend itself to easy reading or especially comparison very well. I think making "bases" for each stat, color-coded by growth rate and topped with lone counters and color-coded counter columns works much better.

My efforts to display inventory are coming along, but there's a lot to make and I probably have better things to do. Class icons haven't really progressed, so I made crude color-coded placeholders that I guess might end up being the real ones after all.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 10, 2014, 06:49:46 am »

I'm afraid I don't really understand how this new chart works?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 10, 2014, 07:37:43 am »

The hex bases are color-coded by stat progression. For normal stats, the dark red is 10%, the red is 20%, the orange is 30%, and so on up the color scale from red to purple. HP adds 30% to those values, as it has higher minimum and maximum growth rates.

Then the number of hex tiles on said platform is the stat value. Green tiles are single points, blue are stacks of five, and purple are stacks of ten. For instance, Thomas Short's HP is a pair of purple stacks and nothing else, so his HP is 20. His Skill is a blue five-stack and two greens, so 7. His Will is 4, and his Speed is 10.

The icons to the right are items, which are probably a bit of a grab-bag as far as intuitive meaning goes. The green thing in Jo's middle inventory slot is probably kind of obviously a grenade, the stick-thing to the right of it might or might not read stun baton, the ammo clip to the right of that probably doesn't look like much unless you know what to look for, and so on. The fact that everybody has a syringe should be a clue that it's probably a stimpack, and the guns probably look like guns but not necessarily particular guns unless you've got something to compare them to.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:31 am »

Thomas Short's HP is a pair of purple stacks
Then why can I only see green and grey?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2014, 09:59:27 am »

The grey stacks are actually a very desaturated purple.

Irony where is Anton (me char)? >:I

Also I can help with icons if you like. :D

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 10, 2014, 11:21:06 am »

I wonder, did I miss the chart with my guy, or did it get missed cause I ninja'd in front of Owl's post? Eh whatever. I'm just excited for LASER GUNS. And possibly a laser sword. That'd be sweet.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 10, 2014, 11:27:40 am »

Nah, I'm pretty sure that Irony just hasn't gotten around to making a thing for your guy. He has just remade his chart for the early applications, that's all. I'm sure he'll get around to making the rest of them for everyone eventually.

FelixSparks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 10, 2014, 12:50:02 pm »

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize it was the same people from earlier. Derp.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 01:02:09 pm »

As we gain access to better weapons, how will we gain a corresponding increase in weapon skill? Presumably I won't be able to use an alloy cannon right now even if we had one.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »

IronyOwl, you're amazing.

Also, how much would you hate me if I changed some of my stats around?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 36