Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Games with learning AI?  (Read 3923 times)

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Games with learning AI?
« on: November 06, 2014, 12:26:40 pm »

Any such games?

I'm looking for sort of a learning-evolution game, though more emphasized on the learning part. For example, a tube in the middle of the game map, the first generation of creatures attempt to cross through the tube, but can't, as time goes on, they discover they can go around the tube. Sort of like this.

I hope it's not too ambitious, is there any such game?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Games with learning AI?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 12:33:07 pm »

I remember a few people built learning AI's for the coding game Robocode, but that probably isn't quite what you are looking for.  Usually there isn't much reason to have a learning AI in a game.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 12:35:17 pm »

I remember a few people built learning AI's for the coding game Robocode, but that probably isn't quite what you are looking for.  Usually there isn't much reason to have a learning AI in a game.

Well, I'm not exactly looking for a game that has other features including learning AI, I want learning AI to be the major feature.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 01:29:32 pm »

Nevermind.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 01:53:17 pm »

What about this?

I remember playing the first or second ones when I was a child, it might have some of what you're looking for

Spacefaye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 02:26:26 pm »

What about this?

I remember playing the first or second ones when I was a child, it might have some of what you're looking for

is it free?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 02:53:13 pm »

as free as your moral compass

However, you can grab Creatures Exodus, Village and The Albion Years all together on gog.com for under $15 US (or $6 each). The series is overdue for a promo if you don't mine exercising patience. After reading about the series, I am a little bummed that I didn't grab them last time they were on sale.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

There's a title in the Creatures serie , Docking Station that is free legally.

Some notes about it :
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=77436.msg5121505#msg5121505

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 04:43:59 pm »

I remember playing a game where you had to literaly train your force, it was some kind of rts. Basicly you had a bunch of *AI* soldier who didnt even have proper path finding, and the more you spawned them sometime one would go around the wall, then you could select that one and ersae all the other and start spawning the one who went on the since that one had basic situational awareness, and then the more you went, more inteligent they became.

Wish i could remember the nae tho.... it been so long.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 04:55:03 pm »

I remember playing a game where you had to literaly train your force, it was some kind of rts. Basicly you had a bunch of *AI* soldier who didnt even have proper path finding, and the more you spawned them sometime one would go around the wall, then you could select that one and ersae all the other and start spawning the one who went on the since that one had basic situational awareness, and then the more you went, more inteligent they became.

I had the same thing in mind, and after a bit of searching, I think it might be NERO.

Funnily enough, I found it via a google search that pointed to an old thread on this forum.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 07:26:40 pm »

I too remember a similar thing.

BASICSITUATIONALAWARENESSDEVELOPEDEDIT: Yes it was NERO.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 08:13:09 pm »

Black and White

And the Creatures series (1, 2, and 3/DS)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 08:15:45 pm »

I too remember a similar thing.

BASICSITUATIONALAWARENESSDEVELOPEDEDIT: Yes it was NERO.
Yup thats it.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 09:39:26 pm »

How much fun is NERO? It sounds cool, but it also sounds like a royal pain in the ass.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 09:47:04 pm »

ptw if for nothing else that critic on Nero
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: [1] 2