Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56391 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2 - Free Brain Swapping Here!
« Reply #315 on: December 02, 2014, 06:55:47 pm »

Well, since by my count I'm due to go unless there's a sudden upsurge in activity here, I might as well give some (slightly) updated reads.

Scintillant: Look at his reads and look at his play. His only scumread is on me, the person he's voting for, and he hasn't bothered scumhunting anyone else. When asked who he thought was the other scum, he guessed that it's Mask, using the dubious justification that Mask hasn't interacted much with me and he hasn't done anything to follow up that suspicion. His reply here:
Other than the gut feeling, I didn't have much of a case against either of them after they addressed my concerns, so I unvoted. I view gut feeling as a reminder to keep them in the back of my head and pay more attention to their posts than I otherwise would. However, I don't see it as enough of a reason to keep a vote on them.

I've already told you that it's a speech habit that bleeds through to writing when I'm rushed, which I was when typing the response that seems to have made you decide I'm unwilling to commit to anything. It's also worth bearing in mind that that response was an answer to Dorsi asking me why I was acting over emotionally, which I didn't think I was. I don't see how anyone could be 100% certain about why they're making someone else think something.
Ok, I'll trust you on that.
is odd. According to the first part of the quote, he unvotes when the concerns he raised while voting have been addressed. According to the second part of his vote, the concerns that caused him to vote for me have been addressed, but no unvote and his read is as generic as he can manage. He only has a slight scum read on me, but he's not doing anything to investigate his suspicions. Everything he's done just makes me think he's waiting for someone to give him a wagon to jump on. Scummiest player in the game.

Dorsidwarf: Made a lot over perceived emotional outbursts on my part (that no one else agreed with, to the best of my knowledge). On the other hand, his arguments have been well reasoned as far as I can tell and he's not looking for a bandwagon, so I think he's town.

Scripten: Frankly, I'm conflicted about him. I think he's scum, but that may be coloured by our interaction at the beginning of day 2. He's very eager to discount any mistakes Scintillant has made, without offering an explanation (other than 'look at his day 2 play'). My options for him are three: I'm worse at this game than I hoped, he's worse at reading people than he thinks he is, or he's scum.

NQT: Hasn't been particularly active since before the weekend. I'm leaning towards town from his Thursday/Friday play.

Mask: Crusader was setting off a few red lights during Day 1. Wolf seems to be playing a towny but perhaps defensive game. This may be an attempt at damage control after Crusader's questionable play, so my read is neutral.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2014, 07:14:51 pm »

When asked who he thought was the other scum, he guessed that it's Mask, using the dubious justification that Mask hasn't interacted much with me and he hasn't done anything to follow up that suspicion

Bolded the important part. This is actually a decent justification for an associative tell, though it's too early for associative reads, seeing as you haven't flipped scum yet.

Mask: Crusader was setting off a few red lights during Day 1. Wolf seems to be playing a towny but perhaps defensive game. This may be an attempt at damage control after Crusader's questionable play, so my read is neutral.

4maskwolf is your only neutral read?

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2014, 07:22:25 pm »

Is this from my play as a whole or just the no-vote on day 1? Because I'm definitely going to have to bring up my game if I'm consistently that bad.

Don't take my points on your play as a criticism for terrible town play. It's not just that. Plenty of people play town poorly, and your play is fine. However, as an example, take a look at your reads. You can literally order them from most scum to most town by way of suspicion cast your direction.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 02, 2014, 08:06:23 pm »

Are you sure about that? Of the three votes on me, NQT has a town read, your read is scum with a disclaimer and Scintillant is number one on my scum list precisely because he hasn't voiced any suspicions other than a single indecisive post on my part. The only other person that voted for me is a town read as well.

I'm also reading neutral on Cheetar, but I have very little to say about him. His play feels kind of passive to me, like he's waiting for people to give him something to comment on rather than pursuing leads himself. He mentioned that he didn't like how quickly the lynch was building but didn't do much to follow it up.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 02, 2014, 08:28:40 pm »

The day ends in 32 minutes. I apologize for the lack of votecounts for the last couple days.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 2
« Reply #320 on: December 02, 2014, 08:29:50 pm »

Unvote 4maskwolf.
Deus Asmoth:
NQT: I didn't put a vote down by the end of day one because I was fairly sure Shamrock wasn't scum and didn't want to vote for him, but I wasn't certain enough about Crusader to vote for him. Perhaps I should have voted for him anyway, but I wasn't sure enough.
Wow. That has to be the most uncertain post I've seen in a long time. This is a very, very suspicious post. You refuse to commit to any sort of position here.
Scripten, I think we can all agree that what you just posted is a big pile of crap.
Why is this? I see no justification in your post that explains why Scripten's post is "a big pile of crap".
Most of my scumhunting seems to be aimed at Scintillant, who doesn't seem to be in the mood to answer my questions at the moment.
Again with the uncertainty. Also, which questions have I not answered?

The following contains pretty much the only reason Scintillant believes that Deus Asmoth is scum: Being uncertain. Uncertainty can be a scum tell, but it's also a very common thing for newbies, both scum and town. Scintillant also has absolutely no scum reads apart from Deus Asmoth- that is, the only person he thinks is scummy is Deus Asmoth, and the only reason he believes Deus Asmoth is scum is for being uncertain.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2014, 08:30:13 pm »

Extend, in the hope of NQT or Scripten changing their minds.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 02, 2014, 08:35:18 pm »

Do note: Scripten is currently online. We should be suspicious of him as well as Scintillant should the lynch come to pass with Deus being town.
I've played some mafia.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 02, 2014, 08:54:26 pm »

Are you sure about that? Of the three votes on me, NQT has a town read, your read is scum with a disclaimer and Scintillant is number one on my scum list precisely because he hasn't voiced any suspicions other than a single indecisive post on my part. The only other person that voted for me is a town read as well.

I'm also reading neutral on Cheetar, but I have very little to say about him. His play feels kind of passive to me, like he's waiting for people to give him something to comment on rather than pursuing leads himself. He mentioned that he didn't like how quickly the lynch was building but didn't do much to follow it up.

Hmm... actually, fair enough point. I apologize, my statement was incorrect. I'd forgotten about NQT's vote on you and, in general, about Cheeetar.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 02, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

extend, I need to look over the recent goings-on, I just got home.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 02, 2014, 08:55:28 pm »

Extend

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 02, 2014, 09:03:21 pm »

Thank you for extending. However: Are you unconfident that Deus will turn up scum, Scripten?
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 02, 2014, 09:09:18 pm »

Day's over, guys...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 02, 2014, 09:09:39 pm »

Wait no, I'm stupid, 33% not 50.  Let us continue on our merry way.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 02, 2014, 09:10:18 pm »

Day has been extended, votecount coming soon.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 30