Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56310 times)

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
  • [KRUSADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion [9/9] - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: November 20, 2014, 02:23:15 pm »

Scripten:
What do you think on this case between masked and Scintillant on me? Please write down your thoughts and then read the part addressed to masked. Has anything changed after you read that?

masked_krusader:
  • Comrade Shamrock
  Tried to push suspicion over an RVS question, then pursues a case without anything on his target.  Scummiest so far.

I do admit I did push you on an RVS but so did Scintillant. The exact same question in fact. I was not actually even trying to push a case on you at all. I know full well I don't have anything even remotely substantial. I'm just got a bad feel from your responses. It isn't very easy to put into words either. I was asked by Scintillant on who I thought was the scummiest.

Comrade Shamrock: What are your current top two picks for scum and why?

My responses were you and him.

How is asking hypothetical questions scummy, Comrade?  We're in the RVS stage, so asking hypothetical questions is generally how it starts.  It starts off the conversations that the rest of the game will be based on.  As for the WIFOM, a lot of it was WIFOM.  Both responses to my mafia target question were pushing suspicion based on speculation of how the mafia would play, which is generally useless for scumhunting.  Also, where did I disregard alternate explanations?  If it seemed like I did, I didn't mean to come off that way.

Then you asked me to elaborate so I did. My reasoning is threadbare as I'm full aware, I don't feel confident enough in my reasoning to vote let alone convince another. I was just giving my reasoning behind my feelings not trying to push a case.

Everyone:
Has anyone else noticed that the two people I voiced as my top picks for scum are the only ones voting me? Was anyone else planning on voting me or thought I was scummy enough to make a vote?

DarkStar:
Extendomundo please.

Well, in that case, unvote.

I shall place my vote on SBC, if he doesn't post anytime soon.
People just be cray cray, yo.
I don't really expect to die from appendicitis after surviving the apocalypse.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 20, 2014, 03:01:53 pm »

SBC's tends to have fairly low post content, so I'm not too surprised that he hasn't posted much. That said I do want him to post some more.

Extend.

Everyone
Can I get reads?  I think the game has gone long enough that people will have non-null reads on most everyone.
Most people are still null, it can be a bit hard for me to tell if people are making newbie mistakes, or are scummy.

I'm suspicious of Shamrock and Scintellent, Shamrock because he seems overly aggressive, and Scintellent because it seemed like all his scum attacks were the same as Shamrock's.

Everyone: Superblackcat is probably scum. Note the difference between his play and Persus13's. Can everyone give me as in-depth a list as they can hack as to what SBC has contributed to the game?
Me and SBC play differently normally. SBC tends to have less content, whereas when I post, T tend to have either short posts in quick succession, or one fairly lengthy post. One thing you guys seem to be partly ignoring is that Mafia don't always lurk, Mafia tend to try to be in the middle of the pack in terms of activity.

Shamrock

Scripten:
What do you think on this case between masked and Scintillant on me? Please write down your thoughts and then read the part addressed to masked. Has anything changed after you read that?
Why are you asking Scripten for approval here?

Everyone:
Has anyone else noticed that the two people I voiced as my top picks for scum are the only ones voting me? Was anyone else planning on voting me or thought I was scummy enough to make a vote?
What are you trying to imply here? Because this seems a bit like a threat.
I'll take the bait and vote you.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2014, 03:02:43 pm »

Krusader, Shamrock
What are you two arguing over exactly? I'm not sure I follow it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2014, 03:27:50 pm »

Extend.
I have no idea.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »

Everyone: Superblackcat is probably scum. Note the difference between his play and Persus13's. Can everyone give me as in-depth a list as they can hack as to what SBC has contributed to the game?
Me and SBC play differently normally. SBC tends to have less content, whereas when I post, T tend to have either short posts in quick succession, or one fairly lengthy post. One thing you guys seem to be partly ignoring is that Mafia don't always lurk, Mafia tend to try to be in the middle of the pack in terms of activity.

The problem I have is that SBC is still posting while not really contributing anything. It's the difference between lurking (which is null) and active lurking (which is scummy) that is setting off red flags.

Scripten:
Why are you asking Scripten for approval here?

I didn't get that feeling from his post. Can you go into more detail about how this looks like Shamrock asking for my approval?

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2014, 04:04:31 pm »

Persus:
Scintillant asked me who my top two scum are. I replied that Krusader was one of my picks. Krusader then asked me to elaborate on my thoughts. Krusader then thought I was building a case out of thin air following my explanation. It is very thin but I wasn't attempting to build a case either. Then it went to the voting stage.

Spoiler:  The conversation (click to show/hide)

As to why I asked Scripten. I wanted a more experienced players opinion. Since you and SBC seem to have a long time between posts and I was unsure of the next time you'd be on. Scripten was the most convenient and readily available who replies more often even if he's not an IC. Not sure what you think I was asking for him to approve though. Could please elaborate?

Everyone:
What are you trying to imply here? Because this seems a bit like a threat.
I'll take the bait and vote you.
I wanted to know if anyone else thought I was scummy enough to warrant a lynch. It could have just been that feeling bled over from my earlier top two choice for scum or everyone thought I was trying to pull off a really horribly bad lynch which I attempted to in the last game (Alleecat, overreaction to a joke). I wanted to clarify which one was happening. I was also implying that I found it odd that both my top two picks were voting me.

I'm suspicious of Shamrock [Part regarding Scintillant edited out] because he seems overly aggressive
Shamrock is being really aggressive, which is something a lot of people do, especially when starting out, but isn't actually necessary.

Why the change of heart?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »

Extend, SBC. Execute is lurking too and seems more suspicious to me, but a scummy IC is more dangerous and Execute has at least made one vote.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2014, 04:21:23 pm »

Extend, SBC. Execute is lurking too and seems more suspicious to me, but a scummy IC is more dangerous and Execute has at least made one vote.
I think Execute appears to be lurking because he made a request for a replacement and may believe he's out of the game I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm?

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 20, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

Krusader, Shamrock
What are you two arguing over exactly? I'm not sure I follow it.

It started when he accused my RVS question of being scummy, when it wasn't.  Then he was talking about me "dismissing answers as WIFOM" when neither instance was an answer.  His logic behind the original accusation was WIFOM, and the other was me cutting myself off before I went into WIFOM territory.

I'll see If I can find quotes.

masked_krusader
Deus Asmoth
If you were mafia, who would you target?
Why are you asking that question? It seems like a way to set up a fall guy if scum decide to kill that person. Which could result in the basics of he suggested he might have been an inexperienced enough scum to post it and go through with it, which leads to his lynching but he could really be town.
Unvote. Vote masked_krusader.
Your question here

Deus Asmoth
If you were mafia, who would you target?
seems scummy. It feels like a very good escape method if you were mafia. This way, you can safely NK whoever he says and then pin it on him. What was your reasoning behind this question?

I didn't even think of that scenario because it seems incredibly transparent.  It also smells of WIFOM, but mostly it just seems like a way-too-prone-to-fail scum plan.
My reasoning behind asking it was that I thought it was a harmless RVS question.

Scintillant:
Comrade Shamrock: What are your current top two picks for scum and why?

My other choice would be masked. I really don't like that question about targets he asked. He also asks hypothetical questions. He dismisses a few of answers as WIFOM. There really isn't much that can be done about that as everything in the question is hypothetical. But it seems like he's disregarding that there is more than one possible answer and reason for things. I'm not sure but in my opinion this encourages tunnel vision which is not good in this game.

How is asking hypothetical questions scummy, Comrade?  We're in the RVS stage, so asking hypothetical questions is generally how it starts.  It starts off the conversations that the rest of the game will be based on.  As for the WIFOM, a lot of it was WIFOM.  Both responses to my mafia target question were pushing suspicion based on speculation of how the mafia would play, which is generally useless for scumhunting.  Also, where did I disregard alternate explanations?  If it seemed like I did, I didn't mean to come off that way.

I believe these sum it up.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 20, 2014, 05:01:07 pm »

Hey guys apparently we oppose hortens.
  • Extensions count as opposition to hortens.
I wonder what mafia players have against Dr. Suess characters?

I know this isn't relevant but hopefully someone else finds this funny. I wonder how many other BM's this is in.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:53 pm »

Well, I've found all elephants to be worth opposing ever since Boatmurdered.

Crusader, just curious as to why you've taken Shamrock's comments as being so aggressive, but not so much with Scintillant, especially considering it was actually Scin who called your question scummy in the first place.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Scintillant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 20, 2014, 07:49:00 pm »

Quote from: OP
Use of cryptographic hashing is not permitted.
Just out of curiosity, has this ever come up in a mafia game? Or is it just a precaution?
I have no idea.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 20, 2014, 07:59:05 pm »

Quote from: OP
Use of cryptographic hashing is not permitted.
Just out of curiosity, has this ever come up in a mafia game? Or is it just a precaution?
Generally stuff that doesn't have to do with the ongoing game should go in the Banter and Out of game discussion thread as a nicety to avoid it cluttering up the thread.

There was a discussion about this awhile back. Start at this post and keep going.
Sigtext

masked_krusader

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 20, 2014, 10:23:52 pm »

Well, I've found all elephants to be worth opposing ever since Boatmurdered.

Crusader, just curious as to why you've taken Shamrock's comments as being so aggressive, but not so much with Scintillant, especially considering it was actually Scin who called your question scummy in the first place.

I wasn't the one that used the word aggressive, but the reason I was going after Comrade and not Scintillant was because Comrade mentioned it after the initial conversation, and Scintillant didn't.
I’m not Shakerag!
Sigtext.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:44 pm »

Extend. Lost track of time and have to go, but will get a post or two out tomorrow.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30