Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Town Wins!  (Read 56309 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 3: Even More Clueless Guards
« Reply #390 on: December 11, 2014, 08:56:12 pm »

Okay guys, I'm sorry I disappeared for so long.

To keep the day from ending on a technicality before I can make a legit post, unvote.  I'll get to this... sometime, I'm hellishly busy right now.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 11, 2014, 11:10:34 pm »

Dorsi, I think we know from what happened on day 1 that I wouldn't be voting for NQT if I wasn't confident in him being a good lynch target. For your second question, what do you mean by working extra hard?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 12, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

Do you feel that being vouched by a scummy /scum player means you have to play to a higher standard than you might otherwise need?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 12, 2014, 09:46:46 am »

I'm pretty sure I need to be playing to a high standard to start with considering how day 3 is going down. That said, no, I don't see the need to panic just because NQT is trying to take me down with him.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Beginner's Mafia #51: Alien Invasion - Day 3: Even More Clueless Guards
« Reply #394 on: December 13, 2014, 06:32:42 pm »

I would like to second NQT's extend. I want to see what he and Mask have to say before the day ends.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 13, 2014, 07:14:39 pm »

The day will currently end on Monday, barring enough extends or a change in the votes.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:51:44 pm by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2014, 10:12:33 am »

Bluh, finally getting around to answering questions.  Sorry guys.
Mask, why did you go for Scripten over NQT initially? Your reasoning seems to have them pretty even in your suspicions and you've said yourself that you were suspicious of NQT for most of the game.
I probably should have attached to my reasoning how much weight I gave each piece.  While there wasn't much weight to either of their town records, Scripten's claim rubbed me to wrong way and struck me as more of a fakeclaim than NQT's.  As such, I voted him as a reaction test to see if I could get more information.  Additionally, he was the one the reaction test was more likely to work on.

Hey guys! Sorry for not being so active. Mafias a brain drainer, and I had a few important tests.
The game seems to have stagnated, in fact. There's very little questioning and a lot of statements, so to get the ball rolling... (and information flowing)

4maskwolf
How, in a maximum of two sentences, would you describe your reasoning for jumping off your scumpick and onto your town pick as soon as they accuse each other of mutual cop-faking?

Because your posts on the matter have been exceedingly wordy, and I'm interested to know whether you actually have a defining reason, or whether you've just pulled your arguments out of hot air.
And my posts being exceedingly wordy is bad why...?
I've stated it already: Reaction test for further information and claim seeming more suspicious.  One sentence.
extend

NQT: I would like to hear your responses to Scripten's accusations.

Scripten: Why then, in your words now, did you vote for NQT at the end of D2, after time had ended.  I'd like to hear your rationale again.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2014, 11:11:54 am »

Scripten: Why then, in your words now, did you vote for NQT at the end of D2, after time had ended.  I'd like to hear your rationale again.

I wasn't actually aware that the time had gone over the end of the day. I was hoping that I had just fit my post in, since I expected to die overnight due to my suspicions.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2014, 11:19:32 am »

I wasn't actually aware that the time had gone over the end of the day. I was hoping that I had just fit my post in, since I expected to die overnight due to my suspicions.
Okay.  That wasn't my question.  My question was for you to repeat your rationale for the vote.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »

Okay.  That wasn't my question.  My question was for you to repeat your rationale for the vote.

His vote for Scintillant was inconsistent with his analyses throughout the day, came at a terribly suspicious time of the game day that left no time for town deliberation, was predicated on supposed trust in another player (something entirely outside of NQT's town game meta as he prides himself on playing differently than other players here), and he ended his post with an apology, which does not fit his character nor his experience.

I've mentioned all this before. Why are you asking me to repeat myself?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2014, 11:41:50 pm »

Scripten: I was trying to get to the bottom of the issue, had forgotten most of what was said in our arguments earlier in the week, and wasn't in the mood to look through all of your walls of text trying to find it.  That, and I didn't know if it could even be found in them.

extend

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2014, 01:32:18 pm »

I don't think we got enough extends to keep the day going. Have we reached a consensus, TDS?

I have a feeling NQT and 4maskwolf are just trying to wear down the town, and NQT's flip would get everyone reinvigorated.

4maskwolf: You say you're trying to "get to the bottom of the issue." Do you have anything for us or are you just stalling like I'm surmising?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 15, 2014, 04:46:57 pm »

On the one hand, I'm hesitant to extend because people don't really seem to be going anywhere at all with the time they already have, but on the other hand, I can't really argue with having more discussion time.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 15, 2014, 05:06:01 pm »

On the one hand, I'm hesitant to extend because people don't really seem to be going anywhere at all with the time they already have, but on the other hand, I can't really argue with having more discussion time.

Extending is normally a pro-town action. More discussion is oftentimes good, though eventually you start running into walls of apathy as we are right now. Sometimes the best course of action for getting the game going is to get a flip. That's been my motivation for not extending, though I have no real stake in how long the day goes.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 15, 2014, 05:09:55 pm »

When exactly does the day end even? Isn't NQT still away or something?
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30