Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Levy  (Read 10416 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: Levy
« Reply #120 on: November 11, 2014, 03:50:43 pm »

Dont take stuff for ourself. Set a good example
+1

We're still basically a mook to the sergeant. We should at least try to wait until the dust is cleared to consider looting the battlefield, and even then.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 11, 2014, 04:19:36 pm »

I say we take the militia captain's stuff if the sergeant doesn't take it. At the least we should pick up a sword from one of the fallen militia.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 11, 2014, 04:25:51 pm »

Ask the captain before looting if he says yes spread the loot equally, also try to keep things calm

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2014, 05:48:53 pm »

We need a shortsword/long dagger of some sort, yes, but lets not loot anything yet. Just get it all into fancy piles and look for orders or similar.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2014, 06:44:33 pm »

You begin to organize a small detachment to round up the prisoners, but the sergeant preempts you, taking what's left of his unit and rounding up the 15 or so men left. As they disarm the prisoners, you tell the rest of the men to begin looting the battlefield. Within an hour or so, all of the items of value on the field have been rounded up and put in piles. In the weapons pile, you see eight swords, eight round shields, and a few axes. All of the clubs were ignored, since they're basically worthless. The armor pile contains eight mail shirts, and the valuables pile is just a large stack of coin purses, and coins. The coins haven't been counted yet, but you guess that there's at least a hundred small coins in there.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 11, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »

Take 10 coins, a sword, a shield, and a chainmail shirt
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 11, 2014, 07:07:04 pm »

And an axe. Never know when we might need an axe.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 11, 2014, 09:43:38 pm »

And when this is all over, talk to the sergeant about training with a sword, because without training you are as likely to cut your own limbs off with one as someone else's.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 11, 2014, 09:58:01 pm »

Also talk about how we could join into a full time military unit and receive promotions etc... We are pretty good at this and as a peasant this is one of the only meaningful ways to advance ourselves in society. We could become a warder i think is the name for it im not certain though but it is basically a lordly appointed military governor of a town. And it just so happens there is a town that could use a military governor though that title would more then likely go to our current sergeant. Those are just long term plans though. For present see if we can find a wagon and a horse from the natives to transport the bodies of our dead as well as our wounded back to town. And organize a funeral pyre for our enemies. 

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 11, 2014, 10:14:16 pm »

Also talk about how we could join into a full time military unit and receive promotions etc... We are pretty good at this and as a peasant this is one of the only meaningful ways to advance ourselves in society. We could become a warder i think is the name for it im not certain though but it is basically a lordly appointed military governor of a town. And it just so happens there is a town that could use a military governor though that title would more then likely go to our current sergeant. Those are just long term plans though. For present see if we can find a wagon and a horse from the natives to transport the bodies of our dead as well as our wounded back to town. And organize a funeral pyre for our enemies.

+1 to this.

-1 to this. We are not looting the sarge said this a big no no.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 11, 2014, 10:16:09 pm »

Clarification: The sergeant said you could loot from the battlefield, but looting from civilians and non-combatants would be punished with hanging.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 11, 2014, 10:18:36 pm »

Im well aware of that restriction but we dont want our fellows fighting over choice pieces. Also im certain our lord would appreciate some of that wealth making it back to him. 

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 11, 2014, 10:19:35 pm »

Im well aware of that restriction but we dont want our fellows fighting over choice pieces. Also im certain our lord would appreciate some of that wealth making it back to him. 

The Lord? He has a bunch of tax money laying around as is. Forget what i said earlier and take the gold. I don't much care for the equipment but i'm fine with taking that and being a full fledged soldier.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2014, 10:25:54 pm »

I disagree with that but it would be nice to purchase our own equipment especially if we are going full time military. But dont seem to greedy only take as much as the other peasants. Make sure the sergeant gets the lions share though its good to have the graces of your commanding officer. Secondly if we are going to eventually purchase equipment for ourselves I believe a helmet should be the first order of business. I know this may be significantly down the line but i propose we purchase a kettle helmet or a barbuta type helmet.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2014, 11:06:32 pm »

Elias led a group, and had a pretty large hand in the victory. Therefore, we might as well take the equipment, we deserve it as much as anyone else. It'll probably end up being Elias, Arlen, and whichever six men looked the bravest in the fight who get the equipment. If the gold came off of soldiers, it belongs to us (all the levy-men). The lord can have whatever's in the town. Getting a helmet would be an excellent idea though.
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12