Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Levy  (Read 10428 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Levy
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:47 am »

((You had just returned home and put your stuff away when the muster call went out, and you ran out without grabbing your knife.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2014, 11:32:02 am »

Well, that is a clunky explanation... But one nonetheless... Hmm...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2014, 11:35:38 am »

((It wouldn't help anyway. It's hardly a fighting knife, and in this match, if you drop the spear, you've pretty much already lost.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

better than the 5-6 foot long bit of wood at close range...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2014, 01:42:15 pm »

((This isn't a real fight, though. You're sparring.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2014, 01:49:57 pm »

Acknowledge the fight by hitting your shield and spear followed by getting on a ready position. By the way when we get a chance go for a shield bash to the chest, followed by pointing our spear to his neck. DO NOT STAB HIM TO DEATH!!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2014, 03:21:07 pm »

Acknowledge the fight by hitting your shield and spear followed by getting on a ready position. By the way when we get a chance go for a shield bash to the chest, followed by pointing our spear to his neck. DO NOT STAB HIM TO DEATH!!
If we're close enough that we can shield bash him our spear would pretty much be useless at that point, and just because we don't have a knife doesn't mean he doesn't. Besides, this lesson is supposed to demonstrate shield and spear technique and putting ourselves in a position where we can't use our spear might fail us in the spear department.

Throw in some feints, get ready to step back, and expect dirty fighting.
Fixed and +1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2014, 04:38:29 pm »

He has a sword.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »

You accept, and step back, getting into ready position. He signals to start and instantly comes at you, striking downwards with his sword onto your shield. You're a little slow raising your shield, but the blow is clumsy, and easily bounces off. You respond, stepping back a pace and feinting a stab at his neck. He brings his shield up to block, and you quickly kick him in the leg, hard. He stumbles backwards, and you take the initiative, going on the offensive again. You poke at his shield, trying to knock him off his guard, but he holds, and slams two rapid blows into your shield with his sword, knocking you back. He bashes you back with his shield, and, as you're busy trying to hold your ground, kicks your leg out from under you. You fall and hit the ground, and, as you scramble to get back up, he pins you down with his shield. After a second, he releases the pressure, and you stand up.

"Well done, Elias. You're a good fighter. You want to take a break?"

The sergeant looks to be sweating slightly, and takes out a small water bottle for a drink. As for you...you're a little tired, and you're a little sore from hitting the ground. Behind you, the others are still sparring.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2014, 05:14:06 pm »

Might aswell take a break, lets also ask if we are going to get a chance to grab things from home before we all head out.
Highly Opinionated Fool

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2014, 05:36:32 pm »

Might aswell take a break, lets also ask if we are going to get a chance to grab things from home before we all head out.
+1
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2014, 10:58:24 am »

You take a break, sitting down on the small incline, and ask the sergeant your question.

"Sure. In fact, you should probably go get your stuff right now, if you're going to want it later."

You nod, and quickly run over to your house, grabbing your meager possessions. You take a knife, a few coins, a water bottle, and some food, before heading back to the training area. You make it back just in time to see the rest of the men finish sparring, and get back in line. The sergeant judges the position of the sun, and speaks.

"One more run around the village, and you can go. It's getting late, get back to your families."

The men start running around the village, and don't get off to a great start. Whether it's the promise of being able to go home, or just stiff muscles from training, almost all of the men trip, fall, or tumble during the run. You're one of the few that make it all the way, and the sergeant looks disdainfully at the others.

"Do it again. As for you gentlemen who finished, you can go home."

You head home, make yourself dinner, and go to sleep. As you're leaving, you notice the sergeant take a few of the woodcutters aside.

Very early next morning, before dawn, you're woken by the town crier again. You quickly grab your things and head to the town center, where you can see the sergeant, already up and fully awake, watching the men slowly flow into the square. Interestingly, he appears to be carrying a cudgel, not a sword. You also notice a small pile of 6 foot long staves, probably made by the woodcutters overnight.

"I must admit, I've been doing you a disservice. If you get into close, one versus one combat, wielding a spear, you're dead. Let me show you."

He gestures at one of the men to come at him, and the man charges towards him, stopping at the edge of spear range. The sergeant steps forward in one motion, knocking the spear out of the way and hitting the man with the club. As the man hits the ground, he turns towards the others.

"Imagine if that was a sword. Now, the important thing to know about spears is that you don't use a spear alone. Spears are group weapons, used by multiple soldiers working together. A line of spearmen, poking and prodding, is much more dangerous than individual spearmen."

The sergeant gestures to each side of the pile of staves.

"I want half of you on this side, and half of you on this side. Grab a staff, and get into a line."
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2014, 11:26:45 am »

organize the guys into two lines with second line pointing spears between first line, try to get guys to work as a team and help when possible

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2014, 12:11:57 pm »

Also, make sure they arent too close together...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »

You organize your half into a rough formation, and take a spot in the front. You can see, about 15-20 feet away, that the other side seems to have mimicked this. At the sergeant's signal, the two fronts begin to advance, clashing in the center. You see a gap open to your right, and take advantage of it, hitting the man in the spear arm. He stumbles backwards slightly from the hit, but recovers quickly. A staff bounces off your shield, and you turn on the man who stabbed at you. With a single thrust, you knock the shield out of his hand, and send him tumbling backwards into the man behind him. As the man on his right reflexively turns to watch, you catch him in the side with your staff, taking him down as well. Your uninterrupted domination of the field is interrupted, however, as the man on your right catches a spear in the side and goes down. As the enemy is drawing back his spear, you ground it with your shield, quickly stabbing him with your spear. The enemy formation appears to be shaken up by this point, and they withdraw, leaving their downed men, to reform. As your line advances forward, they go back on the attack, and you just barely manage to block a thrust with your shield. Another man steps forward, stabbing at you with all his might, and you casually parry with the spear. To your surprise, the parry knocks the staff out of his hands, and he drops it, backing away from the fight. Finally, you spot one man, an old hunter, trying to keep the formation together, and, as he gives an order, you thrust through his guard with all your might, knocking him down to one knee. With this last loss, the formation breaks, and the rest of the men from the other side either give up, or are poked viciously by your team, still in formation. The sergeant nods, impressed.

"Well done, Elias. As for you, other team....at least you tried."

The men who were stabbed have staggered to their feet by this point, and, groaning, get into line facing the sergeant with the rest of the men.

"Now, I've been considering this for a while, and I've decided that we should march out to the revolting village today."

The sergeant raises a hand to stifle the groans, and continues.

"I know I said tomorrow, but I've been thinking. We'd be going up against untrained, unarmored peasants, armed with cudgels. We can easily handle them in our current state, so why don't we get it over with?"

((At one point, the disarming point specifically, the enemy rolled a 1, and you rolled a 20. No joke.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12