Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Levy  (Read 10446 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Levy
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 06:08:13 pm »

The sergeant looks around to make sure everyone is ready, glares at you when you start whistling, and then gestures to one of the men besides you, holding a spear.

"Come at me."

The man cocks his head to the side, confused, and stares at him.

"Come at me and try to stick me with that spear."

The man stares at him for a few more seconds, and then holds his spear in the center, with an overhand grip, and charges at the sergeant. The sergeant watches him, amused, and, when he gets close, he casually knocks the head of the spear away with his sword. The rear half of the spear acts as a counterweight, twisting the spearman's wrist, and as he twists away, the sergeant kicks his legs out from under him, dropping him on the ground. The sergeant shakes his head, and yells at the rest of you.

"You hold a spear underhand, by the end! The main advantage of a spear is it's length, and if you hold it in the center, you throw it away! If a swordsman wants to fight you, he needs to knock the spearhead away and get close to you! When you hold it by the end, you have more control, and you can move it back as soon as he hits it away!"

He gestures to you.

"You, Elias. Come at me."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 06:10:37 pm »

Run at him spear underhand, and try a few feints
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 06:33:46 pm »

+1, because we're mentally superior.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 06:40:53 pm »

Hold it near the end. Strike in such a way that it'll look like you'll miss for being out of range, but let go of the spear while striking and quickly grab it again by the end so it goes a bit further than what he would expect. Then strike at him again.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 06:41:57 pm »

+1, because we're mentally superior.

+1 and true!!

Attack from afar and aim for his legs.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

You run up towards him, holding the spear couched near your forearm, and feint a strike towards the face. The sergeant reads a lack of commitment, and sidesteps, dodging the feint. You whip the spear back, and feint a strike to the waist, which he easily deflects off his shield. You back away wearily, giving yourself more space to attack, and suddenly stab at the sergeant's lower leg. The sergeant realizes you're too far away to hit him, and relaxes. You release it at the last second, letting the tiny bit of shaft you were holding back go, and he jumps back at the last moment, stumbling. He quickly recovers, and grounds your spear with his shield, staring into your eyes to make sure you realize the fight is over. Then he smiles, and claps you on the back.

"Well done Elias, well done."

He then turns back to the others, and shouts at them.

"This man here actually knows what he's doing! The spear is a deadly stabbing weapon, but snaking it past a shield or armor can be hard! The most vulnerable targets to hit with a spear are the face, the throat, and the lower leg! A quick, strong thrust to any of those areas can kill or disable a man instantly. At the beginning of the battle, you feint, just like he did. Small, uncommitted attacks, probing your enemies defense and looking for weak points. Now, for the next part. Elias, prepare yourself."

He gestures to your shield, and casually raises his sword.

((The fight rolls were pretty close at the end. You got a bonus because of your intelligence and Andres' idea, and he got a big bonus because he's...an actual soldier.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2014, 07:24:34 pm »

Try to keep him at bay with shield bashes and tire him out.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2014, 07:25:46 pm »

Keep the shield between him and you and if we have to dodge make sure to do so by moving counter-clockwise in order to maintain the first objective. Keep a low profile so he has less body parts to hit.

I think the point of this exercise is to show defence rather than offence. Besides, he's a trained soldier and could probably outlast us.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2014, 07:26:49 pm »

We have a spear keep at bay with that if he gets past block then shield bash then sweep his feet

Edit if we doing defence don't do this

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2014, 07:27:53 pm »

Keep the shield between him and you and if we have to dodge make sure to do so by moving counter-clockwise in order to maintain the first objective. Keep a low profile so he has less body parts to hit.

Maneuver ourselves to a weak spot on his left or right. Making sure that were in a uncomfortable way to attack from.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »

When he gets close, ditch the spear and draw a knife. Spears are shit when close in.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2014, 08:58:57 pm »

When he gets close, ditch the spear and draw a knife. Spears are shit when close in.
We have a knife?

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2014, 09:03:05 pm »

Postin' tae watch.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 09:14:32 pm »

-1 i don't think we have one PLUS this is about learning not killing our teacher.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2014, 09:35:11 pm »

Jumping in to say -1
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12