• View Profile
Re: Levy
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2014, 06:49:15 pm »

Fine.
Name: Elias
Description: Male, muscular, short red hair
Background: His family has worked the land for generations
Job: Trapper
Fluff: Nope Our wife wife is Rusav. She's a gatherer for the town and helps mend our clothes. She's also known to be very depressed for no reason simply stating she wants to be alone. Her family thinks it has to do with her not having a dowry but you try not to think she's there. Women are there to make the man happy anyways right? ((i would just like to state that this is medieval times, feminism was not a thing for peasants like us yet.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2014, 09:33:42 pm »

The sergeant looks you up and down, takes your name, and moves on to the next man. Soon, he's done, and returns to the front of the group.

"Well, then. There's equipment on the far side of the village for all of you. The last people there get the dregs. Get moving!"

The entire group, after a few seconds of confusion, begins to break apart, running for the other side of the village. You make good time, showing up before most of the others, although definitely not first, and notice the sergeant watching the disorganized mob arrive. He gestures to you and the others to line up, and starts to hand out equipment. When you get to the front, he hands you a simple, steel spear, a buckler, and a gambeson. After everyone has received their equipment, he gestures to them to get in a column.

"All of you. Full sprint around the entire village, carrying your equipment. Stay in this column."

Amazingly, the barely-organized mob of peasants, carrying all their equipment, manage to run around the entire village in something resembling a formation. The sergeant looks slightly impressed, very slightly, and signals to the column to stop, walking to the side, and speaks.

"I should tell you why you're here. Some village in the far west of the fief is revolting, and we're meant to march out there the day after tomorrow to wipe them out. Any questions?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2014, 09:36:21 pm »

raise hand, wait to be called out, then "Yes, will we receive further training on the way or..."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2014, 09:46:27 pm »

"Do we get to keep our stuff after the fighting?"
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 12:16:33 am »

raise hand, wait to be called out, then "Yes, will we receive further training on the way or..."

"Since there rebelling can we take their stuff as payment? Or will we just get paid by you directly?

Charity is one thing but fighting to the death requires compensation."

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 01:42:22 pm »

We are a peasant which basically means we are owned by the Lord of this land unless someone Important says we are a free man or we survive in the wilderness for 3 years withou being caught by anyone, if you are you are killed

Don't know were I read the wilderness thing I think it was a history book

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2014, 01:51:15 pm »

...wilderness for 3 years withou being caught by anyone, if you are you are killed

Don't know were I read the wilderness thing I think it was a history book

Interesting to note that this was actually a rule back in Haiti during the colonial period. According to one of my teachers, if someone decided to say "F*** this, i'm out!" they could run to the wilderness. If they weren't caught an showed back in a year then they would be considered debt free of society. Not just monetary but of responsibility also.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2014, 03:21:07 pm »

I was wrong to become a freeman you had to run away to a town and work there for year without being caught.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2014, 04:18:08 pm »

The sergeant notices that you are the only person to ask a question, and seems to note that.

"For the first question...Elias...you'll be given some basic training today and on the way there. Any more than that, we don't have the time. Second, you get to keep your equipment, since it's hardly a major expense to Lord Vicks. Honestly, I'm slightly surprised more of you didn't have your own. Finally, yes, you'll all be paid for missed work, and you can take anything you want from soldiers. Civilians and their homes are not to be looted, the penalty if you do so is death by hanging. Understood?"

The entire levy quickly nods their heads.

"Good, any more questions, or shall we begin our training?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2014, 04:20:38 pm »

Training.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2014, 04:36:03 pm »

IS HTERE ANYMAGIC
Training
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 04:46:19 pm »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12