Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Levy  (Read 10414 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Levy
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2014, 03:09:18 pm »

It's there Town. If we can find and kill there boss they might give up but most likely they'll die to the man boss. If we do go for the head hunt and smashing into route we should ask to negotiate, i bet there leaders will speak out a no and give us a target.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2014, 04:44:16 pm »

I say make a line double strength at flanks, weak at middle and get archers to aim for militia and stand in the middle to bait them, then when they attack middle close around them with flanks

Or you know shoot and charge.

OR stab are trainer in the back and shout REBELLION then pee on militia to show our dominance
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 04:53:04 pm by Generally me »

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2014, 04:53:14 pm »

I would like to point out that your archers are wielding low-power hunting bows, and I doubt they could pierce armor.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2014, 05:22:32 pm »

No longbows? Odd, villages (in england atleast) where required to provide a certain number of men trained with them...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2014, 05:43:06 pm »

We could be playing in Generitopia rather than England.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 10, 2014, 05:56:34 pm »

This is Rulasia, not England. Also, your nameless village appears to have been left alone by the nobility for...a while. This is the first time in your entire life you've actually seen the levy called up, for example.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 10, 2014, 06:21:10 pm »

I say make a line double strength at flanks, weak at middle and get archers to aim for militia and stand in the middle to bait them, then when they attack middle close around them with flanks
If we were pikemen, this might not work. But luckily, we're spearmen, so it might.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2014, 07:46:39 pm »

Why should we even fight them today. Just set up in a defensive posture at the edge of the woods wait for them to come at us exploit there weakness on the attack instead of the other way around.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 10, 2014, 07:53:47 pm »

The sergeant nods at your idea.

"That could work. Let's try it. Worst comes to worst, we could probably win an all out slog against that mob."

The group quickly reforms, and you wait for the battle to start. You're leading the left flank, made up of the best spearmen in the group. On the right, the sergeant's leading the other strong group, made up of axemen and three spearmen. In the center, up front a little from the flanks, are the archers and hunters, lead by Arlen. They close to bow range, and begin loosing shots into the mass of clubmen. You can faintly hear shouts of pain from the enemy forces, and can guess that the archers are on target. You can see, behind the mob, a militiaman in mail, probably the leader, watching these events carefully, and calculating. His only two options, currently, are to charge into melee, or withdraw back into the town, and fight up close. He suddenly raises his sword into the air, shouting, and the mob begins to charge forwards. The archers continue loosing arrows into the mass, and, by the time they are close, you suspect they've downed somewhere between five to ten men. You calculate that you've got somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute before they hit the archers. This is probably your last chance to make any drastic changes, before you get tangled up in the melee.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2014, 08:15:05 pm »

Ahem. CHAAAAAAAARGE!

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 10, 2014, 08:19:06 pm »

How about no. Move our group in front of the archers and have them brace to receive a charge. Position ourselves on one flank and the next best spearman on the other to prevent us from getting flanked. Give a roaring yell of defiance to again bolster our groups morale one more time before the fight.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2014, 08:20:35 pm »

Hold fast!

A counter-charge might break the spear wall or allow the clubmen to get close and slaughter us.

How about no. Move our group in front of the archers and have them brace to receive a charge. Position ourselves on one flank and the next best spearman on the other to prevent us from getting flanked. Give a roaring yell of defiance to again bolster our groups morale one more time before the fight.
We're getting charged. Doing this might take too long.

cheesemcmuffin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 10, 2014, 08:24:14 pm »

If we dont though its possible our center could fall as archers in close combat never tend to do to well and then we would be flanked and cut off from reinforcements

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 10, 2014, 08:39:15 pm »

Wait what!? Why don't we have at least some melee troops in the centre! This is bad. This is very bad. Fine, let's charge them.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 10, 2014, 08:40:48 pm »

Important note, the archers do have melee weapons.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12