Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257480 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2970 on: January 28, 2015, 09:16:02 pm »

And here is the confirmation that Russians don't believe that public opinion can have any weight :D
1) You still haven't provided the citation.
2) Extrapolating my behavior onto all Russians.

3) Where did I say that public opinion doesn't have any weight.

Citation: Russians are literally all communist bears somehow clutching vodka bottles in their claws.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: January 28, 2015, 10:45:24 pm »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: January 28, 2015, 11:36:07 pm »

In other news, Russian vodka production has sunk significantly.

Are Russians switching to homemade cheaper booze already?  Good.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: January 28, 2015, 11:55:50 pm »

In other news, Russian vodka production has sunk significantly.

Are Russians switching to homemade cheaper booze already?  Good.

Seriously, though, I think this is a good thing, since rising homemade alcohol consumption is not documented by any of the recent researches on that topic and therefore is most likely a simple fabrication by the newspaper Helgo's cited, and lower alcohol production therefore means lower demand and lower incidence of alcoholosm. In fact, this is pretty consistent with the trends we've been observing so far when it comes to mortality from external causes in Russia: in decline for the last decade, deaths from alcohol poisoning included.

EDIT: Colonel Cassad reports that, by now, the rebel advance has stopped, although this is still a good outcome considering that the UAF haven't gained a speck of land so far despite their repeated attacks. The Debaltsevo pocket is shrinking, if it turns into a proper cauldron, this would be a truly excelent result, but this is still far from certain. As for the regular Russian Forces, they are so far very deliberately not helping the NAF. Maybe they will act later. Maybe not. The results of the advance are rather good already.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 12:26:56 am by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: January 29, 2015, 04:00:14 am »

Well, of course European countries are going to be more worried about actions on their border than about some African countries massacring Africans. One of those does no have security implication for us.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: January 29, 2015, 04:29:06 am »

Well, of course European countries are going to be more worried about actions on their border than about some African countries massacring Africans. One of those does no have security implication for us.
Hence my point.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: January 29, 2015, 04:45:56 am »

The thing is, what you call "being docile and not bending to NATO" just means keeping the use of force off the table because it can lead to Bad Stuff (c). Russia and Europe might have been rivals, but now they're turning into enemies. And this is Russia's fault.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: January 29, 2015, 06:00:26 am »

And the USA's. How would they like it if pro-Russian americanophobes suddenly took over Mexico with Russian support?

But blame assignment is an extremely subjective topic, I propose we both keep to our opinions here and not discuss it any further.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: January 29, 2015, 06:03:00 am »

Ok, so I'll try to take the discussion back on a more constructive tack: What do you all think would make for a decent compromise all sides could accept?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: January 29, 2015, 06:04:58 am »

An actual cease-fire would be a start, naturally.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: January 29, 2015, 06:15:57 am »

Well, for me dividing up Russia into several occupation zones and making Königsberg independent would be sufficient. No need to outright colonize Russia, at least the parts west of the Ural.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: January 29, 2015, 06:23:54 am »

World domination, obviously.

But actually,
An actual cease-fire would be a start, naturally.
this.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: January 29, 2015, 06:44:44 am »

Ok, so I'll try to take the discussion back on a more constructive tack: What do you all think would make for a decent compromise all sides could accept?
Removing artillery from the combat zone. All of it.

Or at least relative to major cities.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:54:17 am by Sergarr »
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: January 29, 2015, 06:59:33 am »

Mobility of modern artillery systems makes it an absurd idea.
A single night is enough for one side to bring all its artillery to the front and start a devastating offensive against the opponent without artillery.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: January 29, 2015, 07:03:10 am »

Then mark all artillery systems with GPS navigators and put international observers near them after putting them away from the combat zone.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 220