Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257575 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2835 on: January 27, 2015, 09:06:37 am »

Wait, Poland decided to take the long way around and go through the Black Sea? lol

There could be loads of reasons though.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: January 27, 2015, 09:48:18 am »

When you're Poland, EVERY way to Africa is the "long way around."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: January 27, 2015, 09:52:55 am »

We're talking about Ukraine here, not Africa.

Unless you're making some kind of joke.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: January 27, 2015, 09:59:42 am »

I thought you were continuing off of what Ranger said. Also I misunderstood which direction the tanks were going. I thought, for some reason, it was into the sea from Ukraine, not from the sea into Ukraine.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: January 27, 2015, 02:32:02 pm »

Holy flipping noodles, guys, English Cassad has resumed updating!

EDIT: At this point, my dad, his business partners and all of my Russian friends have stopped caring about the ups and downs of ruble and just want to watch America burn. No, seriously - when you try to intimidate Russians, you only piss them off. Helgo, it was you who posted something about Russian physicists growing more nationalistic, didn't you?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 02:49:32 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: January 27, 2015, 03:08:22 pm »

I think it was Helgo who posted about his dad noticing that, yes.

Also, why are your dad, your friends and your dads business partners taking it out on the US (aside from the whole NATO thing)? We weren't even the first to slap the sanctions on Russia, although it was a coordinated team thing which was led by Europe, not the US.

I'm just tired of the US being the worlds favorite thing to hate (at least that's what it seems like at times), go hate someone else dangit, lol.

And yes I know the US has done things that would make us legitmately get hate targeted at us, but sometimes it seems like we get hated for things which aren't directly by us or in the same way the English love to hate the French and vice versa.

Also, as far as pissing off, well, you've seen what happened with Pearl Harbor and (in a somewhat more chaotic fashion) 9/11.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:12:17 pm by smjjames »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: January 27, 2015, 03:21:46 pm »

I think it was Helgo who posted about his dad noticing that, yes.

Also, why are your dad, your friends and your dads business partners taking it out on the US (aside from the whole NATO thing)? We weren't even the first to slap the sanctions on Russia.

I'm just tired of the US being the worlds favorite thing to hate (at least that's what it seems like at times), go hate someone else dangit, lol.

And yes I know the US has done things that would make us legitmately get hate targeted at us, but sometimes it seems like we get hated for things which aren't directly by us or in the same way the English love to hate the French and vice versa.

Also, as far as pissing off, well, you've seen what happened with Pearl Harbor and (in a somewhat more chaotic fashion) 9/11.
American politicians love to talk about the American global leadership, its extreme importance to everyone else, etc. No wonder that people on the receiving end of that global leadership direct their hate towards the United States.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: January 27, 2015, 03:25:38 pm »

Jamie, don't try to find reason in irrational nationalism. I don't hate Washington. I oppose it, because it opposes Russia. And when you oppose Russia, you get Russians who are willing to die to not let you win, out of sheer hard-headed spite.

Hell, that's not just some strong wording, even the blatantly anti-Putin "Levada centre" writes about people being willing to suffer for Russia's sake!

Oh, and by the way, you know how the Anglophone, liberal Russians and Belorussians on this forum are all jingoistically pro-Kremlin to various degrees despite having first-hand, de-propagandised knowldege of what the West is like? Turns out it's a rather common phenomenon.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 03:38:47 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: January 27, 2015, 04:09:57 pm »

I was talking about various stuff besides (and including) the Russian nationalism, just sort of the general 'America must burn' hate. We can still be a superpower and not militarily meddle around with things so much, which seems to be a large part of the hate.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: January 27, 2015, 05:33:38 pm »

It seems that the most Ukrainian Ukrainians are the ones least likely to actually go to defend Ukraine.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: January 27, 2015, 05:39:34 pm »

While I am searching for the original of this post to translate, the core idea of it is that a Ukrainian commander is complaining that the most nationalistically Ukrainian areas of Ukraine were also the ones where the most people avoided conscription.

Looks like the famed Ukrainian Internet Guard is not so brave after all.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: January 27, 2015, 05:44:18 pm »

Was it voluntary conscription or draft conscription?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: January 27, 2015, 05:52:04 pm »

Draft. And that's what makes it so weird - nationalistic Western Ukrainian warhawks are running from the draft like Belgians (:P), while ethnically Russian guys from Ukrainian - controlled parts of Donetskaya and Luganskaya oblasts go and fight for their country.

EDIT: Here you go. Yuri also states that most of the Ukrainian casualties so far were people from Eastern and Central Ukraine, Western Ukraine has lost very few of its sons, despite them crying for blood the loudest.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 06:06:37 pm by Knit tie »

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: January 27, 2015, 06:20:27 pm »

running from the draft like Belgians
Can't say I've seen this one before. Is it Russian or English?

their country.
>implying
:P
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 220