Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257934 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2490 on: January 21, 2015, 01:46:21 am »

@Knit Tie: The 2015-2016 academic year starts in August/September, so he probably won't be in Russia until this summer.

I'm sure he would tell us when he was heading over to St. Petersburg anyway.
Okay, just wondering. Thanks.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: January 21, 2015, 01:57:02 am »

Apparently the separatists have conquered some 500 km^2 of land after the Minsk cease fire.

-Artillery duels continue, Donbass civilians die.

As do Ukrainians: "40 buildings" were damaged near Mariupol on Tuesday.

-Russia, apparently, is losing it's faith in the existence of peaceful solution for this conflict. It has started to put pressure on Ukraine politically and economically.

Yes, while being pressured itself politically and economically by a good part the world(not just Europe and N.America). Isn't there a saying about stopping to dig if one is already at the bottom of a hole?

My trip to St. Petersburg is getting closer, if only rubble fell some more I could buy the whole place.  :P

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: January 21, 2015, 02:27:58 am »

Apparently the separatists have conquered some 500 km^2 of land after the Minsk cease fire.
Which was supposed to be theirs according to the agreement anyway. No, seriously, the Novorossia got the airport, Peski and Avdeevka according to it. Besides, nobody gave a shit about the ceasefire anyway.

-Artillery duels continue, Donbass civilians die.

As do Ukrainians: "40 buildings" were damaged near Mariupol on Tuesday.
Source?

-Russia, apparently, is losing it's faith in the existence of peaceful solution for this conflict. It has started to put pressure on Ukraine politically and economically.

Yes, while being pressured itself politically and economically by a good part the world(not just Europe and N.America). Isn't there a saying about stopping to dig if one is already at the bottom of a hole?

My trip to St. Petersburg is getting closer, if only rubble fell some more I could buy the whole place.  :P
It's not Erkki if he doesn't try to provoke his opposition in the vain hope that his opposition cares about his opinion :)

EDIT: Also, Saint-petersburg has prices through the roof. Weak ruble won't save you.

EDITEDIT: Except food. Food is cheap. But only by British standards, which means it's still horribly expensive by Russian standards.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:55:20 am by Knit tie »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: January 21, 2015, 03:02:03 am »

Since when have you cared about sources? We're anti-Russian no matter what.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: January 21, 2015, 03:06:37 am »

I bet your source didn't even have pictures in it.[/provocation]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:09:23 am by Knit tie »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: January 21, 2015, 03:13:31 am »

I also love it how Putin's solution to get peace in Ukraine and (supposedly) get rid of the sanctions is to further escalate the conflict.

edit:
Which was supposed to be theirs according to the agreement anyway.
Provided to you by RT?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: January 21, 2015, 03:14:41 am »

That's not Putin's solution. Putin solution is Minsk agreements. His solution has shown its uselessness.

You're thinking of Russian solution.
._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:18 am »

edit:
Which was supposed to be theirs according to the agreement anyway.
Provided to you by RT?
Have you read the text of the actual agreement?

That's not Putin's solution. Putin solution is Minsk agreements. His solution has shown its uselessness.

You're thinking of Russian solution.
Yup. Trying to make peace with Washington works only if you pesent the Washington with your anus. And we are Russians, our anuses are not presentable.[/joke]

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait, so you think it's Putin who's behind the ATO?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:30:10 am by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: January 21, 2015, 03:44:45 am »

Well, when he's already arming and supporting a civil war, putting "diplomatic and economic pressure" on Ukraine seems like a lesser evil honestly. A bit of a case of arson, murder and jaywalking IMO.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: January 21, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

Poor joke actually, i assumed for some reason knit was in Russia, so I said he should be drinking polish apples he couldn't import :p
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: January 21, 2015, 11:15:46 am »

German article on Russia feeling threatened. Fairly intelligent, but a bit too far on the 'Poor Russia's so misunderstood'-side for my taste - not once is an alternative to the criticized actions suggested, and Ukraine's perspective doesn't come into it at all.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: January 21, 2015, 12:33:40 pm »

German article on Russia feeling threatened. Fairly intelligent, but a bit too far on the 'Poor Russia's so misunderstood'-side for my taste - not once is an alternative to the criticized actions suggested, and Ukraine's perspective doesn't come into it at all.
Russia's not misunderstood. It simply demands respect that the overfed Europansies have forgotten how to give./rabidjingoismpleasedon'ttakethisseriously
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:36:06 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 220