Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258003 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2445 on: January 20, 2015, 05:25:17 am »

... when did this turn into the Ukraine thread, again? Am I hallucinating and FJ actually changed the title at some point?

Ukraine was always part of Russia...didn't you know?

:)

More like Russia was always Ukraine's bastard son with patricidal tendencies. Kind of like the geopolitical equivalent to Oedipus, or Kronos and Uranus.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: January 20, 2015, 05:39:34 am »

Now it's Novorossiyan
Source?
Among other videos.

If AFU had but one video from the airport as well, I wouldn't believe the rebel claims. But seeing how they are the only ones so far to say "Hi!" from the terminal itself, I tend to make an obvious assumption and say that the AFN are in the terminal, while the AFU aren't.

@UR: Motorola's alive.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:48:26 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: January 20, 2015, 05:46:49 am »

In the very video you linked there's still audible fighting. Thus we can conclude - from your evidence, no less! - that neither party is in control of the airport.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: January 20, 2015, 05:48:14 am »

... when did this turn into the Ukraine thread, again? Am I hallucinating and FJ actually changed the title at some point?

Ukraine was always part of Russia...didn't you know?

:)

More like Russia was always Ukraine's bastard son with patricidal tendencies.

Are you implying that Russia is roughly the same to Ukraine as USA is to UK?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: January 20, 2015, 05:50:41 am »

In a way yes. The USA is more like the UK's bastard child that disowned them though; less patricide. Quite rightly in my opinion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:52:18 am by Owlbread »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: January 20, 2015, 05:58:03 am »

In a way yes. The USA is more like the UK's bastard child that disowned them though; less patricide. Quite rightly in my opinion.

Well that is a point of view I haven't heard yet. Rather interesting one - we had no ocean between us, so naturally things went different in many ways.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: January 20, 2015, 06:25:08 am »

Now it's Novorossiyan
Source?
Among other videos.

If AFU had but one video from the airport as well, I wouldn't believe the rebel claims. But seeing how they are the only ones so far to say "Hi!" from the terminal itself, I tend to make an obvious assumption and say that the AFN are in the terminal, while the AFU aren't.

@UR: Motorola's alive.

I think video from Airport is like this photos:

http://en.censor.net.ua/photo_news/320529/russia_today_propagandist_graham_phillips_passes_off_pictures_from_a_supermarket_as_taken_in_the_airport

And you have no sense of humour. Motorolla was reported to be killed something like a dozen of times. Airport was captured in cotton minds... I think it approaches a hundred of times
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: January 20, 2015, 06:34:35 am »

Helgo:I said among other videos, didn't I?

These ones have gunfire as well, but how does the sound of gunfire disprove anything? The fight can go on around the airport perfectly fine despite the AFN being in control of the terminal building itself. This is why I called the lack of Ukrainian videos much more significant than the existence of Novorossiyan videos. Add to that the recent claims of Kyiv that some of the "cyborgs" in the terminal were buried under a fallen roof and so the rest are forced to withdraw that sound suspiciously like excuses, and the panicked messages of the Ukrainian troops themselves in social networks, and voilà. Of course, there's no decisive evidence of the rebels being in control of the airport, but there is no decisive evidence of pretty much anything either side has claimed since the conflict reignited, aside, perhaps, of the claims that Donbass is being shelled, so I'd not expect to get any of that here either, until, at least, the fights calm down.

@UR: If Ukraine is really contesting the terminal, can they show us any videos of them doing so, at least? They have those of them being in Peski, which is why I am not even insinuating that the rebels have gained control over that, but why aren't there any video reports from the terminal they are apparently fighting in?

Also, I haven't heard of Mr. Philips claiming that those supermarket photos are from the airport. I mean, the topmost one has signs with the words "flowers" and "bread" written on them, for god's sake!

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 06:56:06 am by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: January 20, 2015, 06:42:58 am »

That's a... parking lot?

I think UR's raising a fair point: the whole place is such a ruin that it's becoming hard to tell it apart from other ruins. At least when the radio tower was still a thing, we had an identifiable landmark.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: January 20, 2015, 06:47:51 am »

If I may say, Motorolla is the greatest name for a Russian rebel that I have heard thus far.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:57 am »

@UR: If Ukraine is really contesting the terminal, can they show us any videos of them doing so, at least? They have those of them being in Peski, which is why I am not even insinuating that the rebels have gained control over that, but why aren't there any video reports from the terminal they are apparently fighting in?
Because there are few idiots to film anything in combat zone to prove something for  cottonheaded?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: January 20, 2015, 06:53:40 am »

I say we should wait a couple days until the intense fights end and see who controls the airport then, if we want to be absolutely certain.

Because there are few idiots to film anything in combat zone to prove something for  cottonheaded?
Well, then I'll have to say that the AFU's claims of having retained the control of the airport are as unsubstantiated as the AFN's claims of having taken Peski. Also, you just called all the AFU fighters who record frontline videos idiots.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: January 20, 2015, 06:57:09 am »

I say we should wait a couple days until the intense fights end and see who controls the airport then, if we want to be absolutely certain.

That's the voice of reason, especially since who hold the airport isn't really important in the grand scheme of things.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: January 20, 2015, 07:00:40 am »

That's the voice of reason, especially since who hold the airport isn't really important in the grand scheme of things.
It sure as hell is on the propaganda front, though. I mean, how many times have you heard of the "cyborgs" in the news? Well, I guess, not a whole lot. But on the Russophone and Ukrainophone media they are ubiquitous.

Also, controlling the airport does confer some tactical advantage, since if you are attacking Donetsk you can use it to adjust artillery fire on the city and if you are attacking Peski and Avdeevka you can use the airport as a base for said attacks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:03:05 am by Knit tie »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: January 20, 2015, 07:02:14 am »

Do you expect mass desertion in case of Ukraine losing control over the airport? )))
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 220