Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258043 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2431 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:56 pm »

So this is my submission for today's "Over the top anti-rebels propaganda": Rebels sequester girls in Luhansk obast's building, drug them to "do with them as they wish", then send them to work the checkpoint before they disappears.
*coughcrucifiedbabycough*

To be fair, though, there was a scandal involving a brothel in Novorossiya once, IIRC. Apparently, it was an example of political warfare in the squabbling Novorossiyan command echelons.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:02:06 pm by Knit tie »

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: January 19, 2015, 07:02:34 pm »

Doublepost for frontline news update.

Colonel sums up the day:

-AFN troops hold fast in the Donetsk Airport. AFU have gained no ground there and thus are unable to provide any videos to supplement thair claims of being in Donetsk and its airport.
-Peski and Avdeevka remain contested. AFU has demonstrated both tenacity and competence there.
-Near the LNR frontlines the situation has remained, all in all, stable.
-Rebel advance at Mariupol has encountered increasing resistance and ground to a halt.
-Atillery duels have continued pretty much everywhere. Destruction in Donbass towns and villages is mounting.
-The rebels' war censorship service has become much more professional, and the number of AFN's photos and videos from the front has decreased to include as few "unfiltered" ones as possible.

EDIT: Sitrep in English from the much more vocally pro-Russian and unapologetically Soviet propaganda-ish Saker. If you are going to read other posts by him, I recommend taking some diazepam first and then dividing everything he says by three.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:43:27 pm by Knit tie »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: January 19, 2015, 07:43:15 pm »

... when did this turn into the Ukraine thread, again? Am I hallucinating and FJ actually changed the title at some point?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: January 19, 2015, 07:44:40 pm »

Fool! You cannot escape the Ukraine thread! The khokhlosrach will live as long as there remain at least one Russian and one Ukrainian on the internet!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: January 19, 2015, 07:51:43 pm »

... when did this turn into the Ukraine thread, again? Am I hallucinating and FJ actually changed the title at some point?

Ukraine was always part of Russia...didn't you know?

:)

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: January 19, 2015, 07:55:59 pm »

That's... actually much more true than you might think. Pretty much everything east of Kyiv used to be a part of Russia at some point in time before being given to Ukraine. Same thing with the Western Ukraine - those territories used to be a part of Poland.

Ukraine as we see it today is a pretty young state.

EDIT: Told you that "No anti-Russian films" law won't amount to anything in the end.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:48:16 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: January 19, 2015, 10:29:48 pm »

You know, I'd like those Donetsk guys to answer the question 'What is so special about the airport?'

Sure theres the stragetic value, and it definetly had that while it was still mostly intact, but I can't imagine the runway being very intact by now.

Of course though, I know nothing of the stragetic and tactical situation over there, or the stragetic/tactical layout for that matter.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:17 pm »

Symbolic victory.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: January 19, 2015, 11:19:09 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised, there's always been Brothels wherever soldiers go. And drugging is very common amongst sex slavery workers.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: January 20, 2015, 02:45:06 am »

That's... actually much more true than you might think. Pretty much everything east of Kyiv used to be a part of Russia at some point in time before being given to Ukraine. Same thing with the Western Ukraine - those territories used to be a part of Poland.

Ukraine as we see it today is a pretty young state.

... and this is the place where Ukrainian Ranger comes and argues you to death.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: January 20, 2015, 02:51:17 am »

I am afraid I have better ways to spend my time :) All that discussion about difference between Rus and Russia is too tiresome to start it yet again.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38:34 am »

I wouldn't be surprised, there's always been Brothels wherever soldiers go. And drugging is very common amongst sex slavery workers.
It was nowhere near that bad. Just a bunch of shady Armenian characters in the militia running a brothel and getting loudly decried for doing so, which lead to most of the non-shady Armenians being forced to leave the militia as well.

You know, I'd like those Donetsk guys to answer the question 'What is so special about the airport?'

Sure theres the stragetic value, and it definetly had that while it was still mostly intact, but I can't imagine the runway being very intact by now.

Of course though, I know nothing of the stragetic and tactical situation over there, or the stragetic/tactical layout for that matter.
Huge propaganda value. The Ukrainian official media turned that poor airport into something like Stalingrad, with ridiculous levels of hype for the UFA "cyborgs" sitting there. Now it's Novorossiyan, and Kyiv is frothing at the mouth.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 03:42:12 am by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: January 20, 2015, 05:21:04 am »

The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: January 20, 2015, 05:22:52 am »

For every Airport taken by DNR Ukraine will kill one "Motorola"!
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 220