Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258500 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1695 on: January 09, 2015, 12:19:40 pm »

Saw it in a German newspaper as well. Didn't read the article though, just noted the headline.
Also, look at 65.5, Knit: It doesn't just apply to those weird creeps, but to us regular creeps, too!

Just reading 65.0, it sounds like anyone with a thing for high heels etc. is out too. Chances are everyone is nuts under the Russian classifications.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: January 09, 2015, 01:02:33 pm »

Saw it in a German newspaper as well. Didn't read the article though, just noted the headline.
Also, look at 65.5, Knit: It doesn't just apply to those weird creeps, but to us regular creeps, too!

Just reading 65.0, it sounds like anyone with a thing for high heels etc. is out too. Chances are everyone is nuts under the Russian classifications.
Russians didn't write the ICD-10 classifications. The government official(s) who added F60-69 into the disallowed conditions list probably didn't read the ICD-10 document - they probably just looked at the title "Disorders of adult personality and behaviour", copypasted "F60-F69" into Microsoft Word and sent the proposal to their superiors for approval, who also didn't know anything about ICD-10.
It's a more probable scenario than "It was done deliberately to terrorize the LGBT people even more"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:08:19 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: January 09, 2015, 01:05:21 pm »

That or someone who really hate furries managed to slip in his agenda.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: January 09, 2015, 01:05:55 pm »

Posting to watch.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: January 09, 2015, 01:09:40 pm »

Russians didn't write the ICD-10 classifications. The government official(s) who added F60-69 into the disallowed conditions list probably didn't read the ICD-10 document - they probably just looked at the title "Disorders of adult personality and behaviour", copypasted "F60-F69" into Microsoft Word and sent it to their superiors for approval, who also didn't know anything about ICD-10.
It's a more probable scenario than "It was done deliberately to terrorize the LGBT people even more"

Which is why I'm wondering what study they used to come to that conclusion.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: January 09, 2015, 01:12:44 pm »

Hm, not trying to flamebait, just wondering out of curiosity, is there anything that Russia is the absolute worst at? Like so bad at something that there's no using the 'but country X is worse than us!' excuse.
Russia is the worst at surrendering :P
Russia is worst at growing coconuts. Seriously, we tried so many times, but the damn things won't even sprout!

Well, seen from my eyes, the difference is that if tell an American in the US thread the US sucks because of AAA, their reaction will be "You're right. And that's nothing, we sucks even more because of BBB". If you tell a Russian here Russia sucks because of AAA, you'll get a "But *random country* is even worse! Why do you hate Russia so much?!".
I would say that this is biased enough to count as prejudice, with all due respect, Sheb. Honestly, do I, P., Guardian and even Sergarr have any trouble admitting any of Russia's genuine faults? I mean, do you ever hear us denying that Russia has stuff like a quasi-feodal ruling class of oligarchs and a pervasive problem with alcohol?

Well, seen from my eyes, the difference is that if tell an American in the US thread the US sucks because of AAA, their reaction will be "You're right. And that's nothing, we sucks even more because of BBB". If you tell a Russian here Russia sucks because of AAA, you'll get a "But *random country* is even worse! Why do you hate Russia so much?!".

So, from your perspective, we (the US) aren't afraid to admit our faults, while Russia is afraid to admit their faults? Not saying that's neccesarily 100% true, just checking the perspective.
I would even go farther and say that talking about faults [in the us] is seen as intellectually patriotic; while downplaying and pretending they don't exist is seen along the lines of the whole "murica" meme. Which is to say, if not done ironically or as a joke, you are seen as an uneducated redneck lacking proper perspective.
That's also how we do things in Russia, by the way. We even have special names for our redneck jingoist fanatics - vatniks and putztriots.

NINJAEDIT: Speaking about (Belo)Russians admitting Russia's faults, we also freely admit that Russian bureaucracy is run by incompetent morons who have no idea how the world works, as Guardian has just demohstrated.

Russians didn't write the ICD-10 classifications. The government official(s) who added F60-69 into the disallowed conditions list probably didn't read the ICD-10 document - they probably just looked at the title "Disorders of adult personality and behaviour", copypasted "F60-F69" into Microsoft Word and sent it to their superiors for approval, who also didn't know anything about ICD-10.

Which is why I'm wondering what study they used to come to that conclusion.
Studies? Russian lawgivers don't need no stinking' studies to pass a goddamn law!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:18:26 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: January 09, 2015, 01:16:32 pm »

@knit tie: mainly wondering what study they got it from, if they even USED a study in the first place.

The whole thing sounds like a knee jerk reaction to the problem of car crashes anyway.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: January 09, 2015, 01:17:14 pm »

My experience with how government bureaucracy works tells me that this is a very real possibility. The problem is that the superiors often prefer to save face and pretend that it was intentional before they admit that someone in their department messed up.

Still seems not that unlikely that there is some kind of agenda behind it, wouldn't be the first time that a government tries to use psychological classifications to limit the rights of some people.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: January 09, 2015, 01:18:21 pm »

You see Knit Tie, you're doing it again, refusing to admit that you refuse to admit you're wrong!  :P

More seriously, as I said it's just my impression.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: January 09, 2015, 01:22:44 pm »

You see Knit Tie, you're doing it again, refusing to admit that you refuse to admit you're wrong!  :P

More seriously, as I said it's just my impression.
How would you like it If I were to say that I consider all Belgians to be weak and spineless pansies?

Making generalisations like that about entire peoples is not very nice, you know.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: January 09, 2015, 01:26:05 pm »

I'd probably agree with you to be honest.  :P

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 09, 2015, 01:42:44 pm »

@Sheb: If this is true, then how will you be on the barricades to defend your beloved EU when Putin decides to invade the Baltics?

Also, I just noticed:
Welp, guys, looks like I cannot drive anymore, guess I should ask the guy who gave me my licence for a bribe refund or something.

But Helgo, how did you know?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 09, 2015, 01:46:17 pm »

Welp, guys, looks like I cannot drive anymore, guess I should ask the guy who gave me my licence for a bribe refund or something.

Well, you do keep coming back to this thread.  :P

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 09, 2015, 01:52:52 pm »

Well, you do keep coming back to this thread.  :P
That as well.

But so do you, Sheb, you naughty little Belgian waffle you, don't think I haven't noticed that either. ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 01:59:34 pm by Knit tie »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 09, 2015, 01:54:29 pm »

Hehe, I don't have a driving licence anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 220