Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257841 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #1260 on: December 26, 2014, 01:41:36 pm »

I seriously doubt the Ukrainian Army would turn to Crimea. No matter what you consider it's de jure statu to be, it's de facto part of Russia, and Ukraine is not mad enough to attack Russia. Hell, they didn't fire a shot a little green men to keep it, and you expect them to attack the Russian army?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:40 pm »

the criminal conduct of the ATO by the Ukrainian forces and Kyiv's promotion of many prominent right ultraradicals and outright Neo-Nazis into positions of power within the government and a very totalitarian way of ruling in general
*doublefacepalm*

You know, when liberals from EU tell me that Ukraine is too authoritarian that is perfectly OK, because they are liberals.

But when I hear the same from Putin's slaves that is very funny. Look in a mirror. And do something to fix your badly screwed country, please. IMO, You have no much time left, no more than a decade remains till nuclear war, Russian civil war or one large new GULAG.

On other hand "patriot" like you will flee from Russia and be proud of Great Russia somewhere in the rotten West blaming the whole world for what they did with Russia. 
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 26, 2014, 01:53:49 pm »

I seriously doubt the Ukrainian Army would turn to Crimea. No matter what you consider it's de jure statu to be, it's de facto part of Russia, and Ukraine is not mad enough to attack Russia. Hell, they didn't fire a shot a little green men to keep it, and you expect them to attack the Russian army?
Nyash-Myash, Crym nash.

In all fairness though, the only possibility I see of Ukraine attacking Crimea is if the anti-Russian sentiment in Ukraine reaches a point where people no longer think rationally. And that is not likely to happen, seeing how people are beginning to protest against Poroshenko's rule as well.

IMO, You have no much time left, no more than a decade remains till nuclear war, Russian civil war or one large new GULAG.
I am waiting with morbid anticipation.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:01:29 pm by Knit tie »

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 26, 2014, 02:00:13 pm »

Since this is the Russia Watch thread... News today:

Finance minister Siluanov seems to think that cutting the budget by 10% for 2015 will not be enough. That cant be good news.

http://sputniknews.com/business/20141226/1016263160.html

PS. Apparently Sputnik News is that newly formed state-funded press agency intended to provide news of Russia in other languages. It will be interesting to see how its views will differ from the mainstream in the future.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 26, 2014, 02:03:53 pm »

I believe war for Crimea should be won in economic warfare. So far Ukraine is not using a proper blockade. Today a small step is made in that direction by ceasing railroad connection with Crimea but I am worried that this measure is not for long.

Also, Crimea is getting used to live without electricity but rolling blackouts are becoming a norm in modern Ukraine, would be very strange if Crimea  got stable power. I'd prefer not a single KW*h to Crimea but our government thinks otherwise.

In other Crimean news: Starting from today Visa and Mastercad don't work in Crimea.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 26, 2014, 02:16:05 pm »

Shit will hit the fan next year Russia and EU. Russia will go in recession,  and will push EU really closely to another economic problem.

Russia is moving to Asia now, making potential problems to USA
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/dec/24/charles-ortel-pressuring-russia-now-obama-could-cr/

Chine showed interest in helping russia if needed

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/22/us-china-russia-idUSKBN0K004Q20141222

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-22/china-offers-russia-help-with-suggestion-of-wider-currency-swap.html

Russia and indya making a deal worth $100 billion.

http://rt.com/op-edge/213835-russia-india-contracts-nuclear/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-30408274
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:22:00 pm by miljan »
Make love not war

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 26, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »

I also equate the annexation of Crimea with the Euromaidan when it comes to the general morality

You are more of a blind nationalist then everyone else in this thread combined.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о РоÑÑии
« Reply #1267 on: December 26, 2014, 02:30:31 pm »

tajik stronk tho

we steal your horse

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 26, 2014, 02:32:18 pm »

I also equate the annexation of Crimea with the Euromaidan when it comes to the general morality

No way, I'm way more of a nationalist!

I actually live in Russia *snicker*

._.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 26, 2014, 02:33:26 pm »

tajik stronk tho

we steal your horse
?

So do I.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 26, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

tajik stronk tho

we steal your horse
?

So do I.
Didn't you say that you moved to Britain?
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 26, 2014, 02:41:46 pm »

I'll jump on that Russian bandwagon that came out of the thin air. I figure you all know I live in Russia. To be said, I'm tired of Ukraine discussion - I can hardly say something, sitting here in Moscow.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:45:40 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 26, 2014, 02:48:28 pm »

tajik stronk tho

we steal your horse
?

So do I.
Didn't you say that you moved to Britain?
I am merely studying in Edinburgh. When I graduate, Britain will tell me to get out.

I figure you all know I live in Russia. To be said, I'm tired of Ukraine discussion - I can hardly say something, sitting here in Moscow.
Get used to it - the only two topics that get discussed in this thread are "Ukraine" and "Russia's economy". Everything else gets quickly sidelined by the firmly-opinionated regulars (including yours truly) who are almost exclusively the ones to post in this thread.

EDIT: Also, remember my post about just two of pro-Russian sources being both rational and eloquent? I was wrong. Please welcome the Kremlin Stooge.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:15:29 pm by Knit tie »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 26, 2014, 03:11:46 pm »

I figure you all know I live in Russia. To be said, I'm tired of Ukraine discussion - I can hardly say something, sitting here in Moscow.
Get used to it - the only two topics that get discussed in this thread are "Ukraine" and "Russia's economy". Everything else gets quickly sidelined by the firmly-opinionated regulars (including yours truly) who are almost exclusively the ones to post in this thread.

I see that. That's why I mostly read.

I have an acquaintance of mine from Bulgaria who is studying chemistry in York. Somewhat half of his relatives live in Russia. Once he was invited as a guest to a marriage of one of his relatives who lives way beyond Ural mountains. After returning, he was asked whether English folks used to drink less or not. He replied "meh, they drink the same amount of alcohols each friday".

Either it was a very moderate marriage ceremony, or they drink very much in York.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 26, 2014, 03:17:26 pm »

I see that. That's why I mostly read.
Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to discuss something else other than politics or economics, but the discussion just keeps going back to those two topics.

But hey, maybe we can beak the trend together!

EDIT: Although that would require yours truly to stop doing his part in perpetuating the pointless arguing, and that's going to be hard.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 03:25:24 pm by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 220