Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257810 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #885 on: December 16, 2014, 06:50:38 pm »

There have also been sighting of american vehicles in Ukraine
*Facepalms hard.*
Like How Russians assume that USA can send vehicles somewhere without it being announced. Knit, USA is not Russia
I can believe in some special forces being sent, but vehicles? That is absurd to believe. No critical thinking is bad for your health

Still, we can expect no blanket sanctions because everybody needs Russian oil and gas.
I'd say gas. And Europe is not everybody. Oil is not hard to substitute with current world supply. 

That said, the sanctions will drive the Russian economy into a recession in 2015, but there will be no economic collapse
If by collapse you mean mass starvation - sure. Most Russians will not starve in 2015
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 16, 2014, 07:01:23 pm »

It's all in good fun, I believe, between myself, Helgo and Sheb.
I'd still like to go for a drink with you guys sometime. Maybe after the as-of-yet hypothetical war, at a veteran's meeting - but maybe two will be drinking to the memory of the third...
Still, we can expect no blanket sanctions because everybody needs Russian oil and gas.
I'd say gas. And Europe is not everybody. Oil is not hard to substitute with current world supply.
There's been a lot of talk about expanding LNG capacities lately.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:29:04 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 16, 2014, 07:11:49 pm »

I think the biggest fault of all the discussions about Russia is that there is no impartiality. Everybody either wants Russia to prevail or to fail, with various degrees of vehemence. Thus, discussion is fundamentally obstructed, what we get more often than not is just Schadenfreude.

It's all in good fun, I believe, between myself, Helgo and Sheb.
I'd still like to go for a drink with you guys sometime. Maybe after the as-of-yet hypothetical war, at a veteran's meeting - but maybe two will be drinking to the memory of the third...
What I like about you and Sheb is that you are treating me fairly and are not blaming me for doing what you are doing yourselves - supporting my country.

There's been a lot of talk about expanding LNG capacities lately.
Plenty of talk does not mean plenty of work, unfortunately.

And speaking of American oil and gas, I really do wonder how does the shale oil industry like all those insanely low prices. There are plenty of articles around saying that it doesn't, but they all come from rather emotional sources, so I am disinclined to trust them. And unlike the topic of Russia, the topic of shale oil is bound to have some impartial opinions.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:29:13 pm by Knit tie »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 16, 2014, 07:13:36 pm »

It's all in good fun, I believe, between myself, Helgo and Sheb. As opposed to Sergarr vs. Mainiac vs. Mictlan.

This is the umpthenth time that you have baited me in this fashion.  Do you not realize that this behavior is immensely rude?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 16, 2014, 07:19:51 pm »

It's all in good fun, I believe, between myself, Helgo and Sheb. As opposed to Sergarr vs. Mainiac vs. Mictlan.

This is the umpthenth time that you have baited me in this fashion.  Do you not realize that this behavior is immensely rude?
But constantly throwing implied insults at other users is all in good fun.  I read a piece somewhere that claims it, so it must be true. :P
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:24:59 pm by Culise »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 16, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »

I think you must have read that in one of the four threads that got locked after which Knit Tie moved to another and started baiting people again.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 16, 2014, 07:21:36 pm »

Yes. Unfortunately, you have been rather rude to me throughout most of our previous conversations, so I think it's only fair that I reciprocate the favour.

But constantly throwing implied insults at other users is all in good fun.  I read a piece somewhere that claims it, so it must be true. :P
I've read a piece somewhere that claims that rudeness is a form of masked praise when it's on the internet.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 16, 2014, 07:22:28 pm »

That is not an apology.  Do you realize that repeated baiting is a banable offense?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 16, 2014, 07:25:27 pm »

That is not an apology.
Well I am not apologising.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:30:36 pm by Knit tie »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 16, 2014, 07:30:54 pm »

Knock it off, you two, or else I'll re-found the NSDAP and this time around kick both your countries' asses.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 16, 2014, 07:32:47 pm »

Knock it off, you two, or else I'll re-found the NSDAP and this time around kick both your countries' asses.
Go ahead. I think a good old World War will be just the thing to drive up the oil prices. And give Russia half of Europe in the process.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 16, 2014, 07:59:16 pm »

Knit, the war would start in St.Petersburg this time instead of 1000 kilometers away. And instead of having the USSR around itself, Russia would be practically alone...
The Bay12 postcard club

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 16, 2014, 08:24:36 pm »

Knit, the war would start in St.Petersburg this time instead of 1000 kilometers away. And instead of having the USSR around itself, Russia would be practically alone...
You didn't take my post seriously, did you?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 16, 2014, 08:26:55 pm »

Well, I keep wondering whether another great war would have the same unifying* and strengthening* effect on Europe* that it did last time...

*For certain definitions of the words.
The Bay12 postcard club

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 16, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »

And unlike the topic of Russia, the topic of shale oil is bound to have some impartial opinions.
Baaaaaaaahahahahahahah. Yeah. Sure. Fracking is totally not emotionally charged. :P

I'm sure they're BOUND to be level-headed, calm people discussing this pra- yeah I can't even do it. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 220