Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 258081 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #660 on: December 07, 2014, 08:53:26 am »

Destroying cancer tumor of humanity called Russian Federation is a necessity... It is is sad that there are may be no other way to eliminate it without many, many deaths

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 07, 2014, 09:00:52 am »

Destroying cancer tumor of humanity called Jews is a necessity... It is sad that there is no other way to eliminate it without many, many death of proud Aryans.

(oh god)
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 07, 2014, 09:08:30 am »

Do you see a difference between calling a nation  cancer tumor and calling a country cancer tumor? I think not
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 07, 2014, 09:16:16 am »

@sergarr: There was no need to invoke the godwin rule, but yes, you do have a point.

@UR: Replace Russian Federation with Ukraine or some other country that you like and maybe you'll see the point that sergarr is trying to make.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:12 am »

Let me papraphrase Sergarr's post to you, UR:

Destroying cancer tumor of humanity called Ukraine is a necessity... It is sad that there is no other way to eliminate it without many, many death.

Anyway, UR, if you want to kill Russians so much, why aren't you currently in the ATO zone, with a weapon in your hands? I've always wondered.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 07, 2014, 09:45:38 am »

Let me papraphrase Sergarr's post to you, UR:

Destroying cancer tumor of humanity called Ukraine is a necessity... It is sad that there is no other way to eliminate it without many, many death.

Anyway, UR, if you want to kill Russians so much, why aren't you currently in the ATO zone, with a weapon in your hands? I've always wondered.

I think he might have mentioned he uses a wheelchair once? I'll let UR speak for himself though.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 07, 2014, 10:09:04 am »

Sometimes I wonder, if today's Internet, message boards and social networks existed in the 1990s, would Serbs, Croats, Bosniaks and other people from war-torn nations fling shit at each other like Russians and Ukrainians today?

I think we're once again witnessing how former brotherly nations become mortal enemies. It happened in Yugoslavia, it happened in lots of places across the former Soviet Union, and now it's going on in Ukraine and Russia.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:00 am »

Sometimes I wonder, if today's Internet, message boards and social networks existed in the 1990s, would Serbs, Croats, Bosniaks and other people from war-torn nations fling shit at each other like Russians and Ukrainians today?

I think we're once again witnessing how former brotherly nations become mortal enemies. It happened in Yugoslavia, it happened in lots of places across the former Soviet Union, and now it's going on in Ukraine and Russia.
Don't worry, we will soon become friends once more after the war ends.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 07, 2014, 10:44:23 am »

In time, perhaps, but don't expect to suddenly be bros after the fighting ends.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 07, 2014, 10:50:56 am »

In time, perhaps, but don't expect to suddenly be bros after the fighting ends.
Nah, the antagonism will last until the current Ukrainians are disillusioned with the current events. Which will be soon, considering how bad Ukrainian economy is.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 07, 2014, 11:00:56 am »

Everyone I mentioned are either at odds with each other or still openly hate one another (Azeri and Armenians, a particularly bad case), and it's been almost 20 years since all the wars. I don't see a better outcome for Russians and Ukrainians.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 11:02:40 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 07, 2014, 11:03:15 am »

Nah, the antagonism will last until the current Ukrainians are disillusioned with the current events. Which will be soon, considering how bad Ukrainian economy is.

I'm sorry but the one thing under the sun that Ukraine isn't lacking is disillusionment.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 07, 2014, 11:05:38 am »

Everyone I mentioned are either at odds with each other or still openly hate one another (in particularly bad cases like Azeri and Armenians), and it's been almost 20 years since all the wars. I don't see any better outcome for Russians and Ukrainians.

Yeah, while things will certainly calm down some once the fighting stops, the distrust between Ukraine and Russia isn't going to magically disappear. Which is why I said 'with time, perhaps'.

As for the Balkans, that region has been a powder keg for centuries.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 07, 2014, 11:06:19 am »

I think he might have mentioned he uses a wheelchair once? I'll let UR speak for himself though.
Exactly.  Else I'd would be somewhere in Right Sector's voluntary corps

I like that absurd  assumption that economical problems can make Ukrainians love Russians more.

I will tell you what Russians should do  to improve relationships with Ukraine
a) Arrest a bunch of people starting with Putin and Yanukovich
b) Pull forces away from Ukraine
c) Pay few hundreds of $billions of compensation
d) Ask for forgiveness

Probability of above events is exactly zero.  Russians got millions of enemies for few generations

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 07, 2014, 11:13:54 am »

Actually, people are doing it all over the Internet right now. Just go to *any* video that's from or about ex-Yugoslavia and you'll see that YouTube comments are just bursting with nationalists shittalking (if Google translate can handle that, not sure). It makes no difference at all what the video is about, could be a documentary about embroidery techniques of a small remote village in the area.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 220