Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257364 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2014, 01:07:24 pm »

Free speech means you don't judge what they are saying before deciding if they can speak.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2014, 01:07:45 pm »

So...?  The point of Free Speech is that you don't judge them.  If you only give free speech to legitimate opposition you've sort of missed the boat.
“Hooliganism

1. Hooliganism, that is a gross violation of the public order manifested in patent contempt of society and attended by the use of weapons or articles used as weapons shall be punishable by compulsory works for a term of 180 to 240 hours, or by corrective labour for a term of one to two years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to five years.

2. The same deed committed by a group of persons in a preliminary conspiracy, or by an organised group, or connected with resistance to a representative of authority to any other person who fulfils the duty of protecting the public order or who suppresses the violation of the public order shall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to seven years”.

Free speech means you don't judge what they are saying before deciding if they can speak.
Violation of the public order != Free speech.
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2014, 01:08:22 pm »

I provided explains, they are not a group of intrepid liberal opposition fighters, but rather a gang of hooligans who have frequently, repeatedly and grossly violated the public order.

Yeah, I know, you can go to jail in Russia for arbitrarily violating certain powerful people's code of 'ethnics' [or in the case of Russian dissidents, being the one person who recognizes the rampant corruption in the system lived under and being severely punished for doing so]. That is a good indicator of a totalitarian and misguided society.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2014, 01:08:56 pm »

I provided explains, they are not a group of intrepid liberal opposition fighters, but rather a gang of hooligans who have frequently, repeatedly and grossly violated the public order.

Yeah, I know, you can go to jail in Russia for arbitrarily violating certain powerful people's code of ethnics. That is a good indicator of a totalitarian and misguided society.
“Hooliganism

1. Hooliganism, that is a gross violation of the public order manifested in patent contempt of society and attended by the use of weapons or articles used as weapons shall be punishable by compulsory works for a term of 180 to 240 hours, or by corrective labour for a term of one to two years, or by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to five years.

2. The same deed committed by a group of persons in a preliminary conspiracy, or by an organised group, or connected with resistance to a representative of authority to any other person who fulfils the duty of protecting the public order or who suppresses the violation of the public order shall be punishable by deprivation of liberty for a term of up to seven years”.
._.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2014, 01:11:15 pm »

Yes.  Russia is a country without free speech.  You approve of Russia not being a country without free speech.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2014, 01:11:48 pm »

nobody said they aren't allowed to say things between the founding of pussy riot in mid-2011 and fucking shit up in a cathedral in 2012

unless we're talking about something else this discussion is moving hella fast

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2014, 01:13:42 pm »

That's good, you have codified laws supporting jailing political dissidents for tenuous reasons. You support this? You are aware you can be jailed for literally anything under that law? Lol.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2014, 01:14:09 pm »

Вот тебе алаверды, my Germanic friend!
I'd rather you not call me Germanic - that word's kinda associated with some, ehm, unfortunate racial surpremacist ideology when used outside a historical context. And don't you think it's odd that you have to compare your country to a war zone to look good?

@Americans: Go look up what Pussy Riot actually did. It was obscene, it antagonized the general public instead of convincing it, and it certainly was illegal. That they were convicted is without question just - but the sentence they received may have been to hard, I'm not informed enough to judge that.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 15, 2014, 01:15:06 pm »

Yes.  Russia is a country without free speech.  You approve of Russia not being a country without free speech.
I'm currently talking to you.

Also,

“Hooliganism

Violation of the public order is a crime. For good reasons.

That's good, you have codified laws supporting jailing political dissidents for tenuous reasons. You support this? You are aware you can be jailed for literally anything under that law? Lol.
The reason are not political.

Read the fucking text of the fucking law.

EDIT: Their case is also aggravated by this:

“Actions hindering the realisation of the right to freedom of conscience and freedom of creed, including actions entailing coercion of an individual, calculated insults of the feelings of citizens in connection with their attitudes toward religion, the destruction of property, and threats of such actions, are forbidden and are to be prosecuted by law.  The conducting of public activities and distribution of texts and images insulting the religious feelings of citizens immediately adjacent to objects of religious veneration is forbidden.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:16:55 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 15, 2014, 01:18:21 pm »

@Americans: Go look up what Pussy Riot actually did. It was obscene, it antagonized the general public instead of convincing it, and it certainly was illegal. That they were convicted is without question just - but the sentence they received may have been to hard, I'm not informed enough to judge that.

@You: Look up what Pussy Riot actually did before defending the non-justice system of punishing political dissenters in Russia for arbitrary reasons. Aka selective enforcement in order to silence future opposition.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/9482190/The-punk-prayer-that-landed-Pussy-Riot-in-court.html

Here's their major affront to Putin and Russian society. You can almost see the fear and anguish in the church goers eyes. Can't think of anything more dangerous than musicians making an ad-lib about Mary driving putin out. Scary stuff, they might be the reason Russia collapses if they weren't punished for their affront.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 01:27:02 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2014, 01:20:47 pm »

That they were convicted is without question just - but the sentence they received may have been to hard, I'm not informed enough to judge that.

Here's their major offence to Russian society, proving they're a danger
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/russia/9482190/The-punk-prayer-that-landed-Pussy-Riot-in-court.html
the "song"'s last section was an obscene parody of the Christian liturgical hymn the Sanctus, substituting the word “shit” for the word “holy”.

the “punk prayer”, accompanied to riotous music and dance, was filled with expletives and profanities and used grossly scatological language.

you are not going to change your mind do you

that's it I'm done with this

The USA believers cannot read
._.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2014, 01:22:15 pm »

The USA believers cannot read
>Implying the US is the only source of such opinions.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2014, 01:23:41 pm »

the "song"'s last section was an obscene parody of the Christian liturgical hymn the Sanctus, substituting the word “shit” for the word “holy”.

the “punk prayer”, accompanied to riotous music and dance, was filled with expletives and profanities and used grossly scatological language.

In totalitarian Russia you should go to jail for substituting words in a religious prayer. That's good to know. Do you also have morality laws?

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2014, 01:24:41 pm »

@You: Look up what Pussy Riot actually did before defending the non-justice system of punishing political dissenters in Russia for arbitrary reasons. Aka selective enforcement in order to silence future opposition.

Here's their major affront to Putin and Russian society. You can almost see the fear and anguish in the church goers eyes. Can't think of anything more dangerous than musicians making an ad-lib about Mary driving driving putin out. Scary stuff, they might be the reason Russia collapses if they weren't punished for their affront.

Dude, they would be arrested for that in USA also, and in most countries.
Make love not war

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2014, 01:26:01 pm »

Let me know next time it happens.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 220