Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257145 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #3210 on: February 03, 2015, 02:52:06 pm »

Knit Tie, as an expert on UA social networks, can you please find the origin of this gem:

Spoiler: the gem (click to show/hide)

, so that I can put it into automatic translator for our English-speaking audience? Because it's a good case as to why the UAF loses so many military vehicles in combat.

Or just summarize that thing?
Okay.

The UAF have tried storming the NAF in the new terminal in 18th January.

They've devised the Perfect Plan™ to do that.

The problem was, out of 4 tanks, 4 BMPs and 2 BTR-70s needed for the Perfect Plan™, 2 tanks did not even started the operation (because the crews "felt too ill"), 2 tanks went in a completely different direction than intended and one of them broke after making 5 shots, it was suddenly discovered that out of 4 BMPs 2 weren't even working at all, and all BTR-70 broke because "hurr durr BTR-70 is a bad machine that always breaks".

Yeah. That's what 20 years without technical maintenance do to military gear, people.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: February 03, 2015, 02:54:12 pm »

Darvi's not from Australia, so that's a moot point.

I'm not allowed to comment further, but Belgians elite troops are absolutely not involved in this conflict. Any rumor that they are attempting to destabilize Russia by turning the entire potato supply of the Russian vodka industry into french fries and eating them would be ridiculous.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: February 03, 2015, 03:58:29 pm »

I'm not allowed to comment further, but Belgians elite troops are absolutely not involved in this conflict. Any rumor that they are attempting to destabilize Russia by turning the entire potato supply of the Russian vodka industry into french fries and eating them would be ridiculous.

Every helping served with mayonnaise too, no doubt. In that case their neighbours in France had best keep their wits about them, lest their Northern/North Eastern dairy-producing lands be annexed by les Nouveaux-Belges - those who refuse to take part in the French "national project". God knows where they're going to get the eggs and vinegar.

Does anyone know the Belgian equivalent of "little green men"?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 04:01:26 pm by Owlbread »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: February 03, 2015, 04:17:53 pm »

Every helping served with mayonnaise too, no doubt. In that case their neighbours in France had best keep their wits about them, lest their Northern/North Eastern dairy-producing lands be annexed by les Nouveaux-Belges - those who refuse to take part in the French "national project". God knows where they're going to get the eggs and vinegar.

Does anyone know the Belgian equivalent of "little green men"?
"little gray paratroopers"?
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: February 03, 2015, 04:34:58 pm »

So i guess that means regular are? Interesting  :D
Make love not war

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: February 03, 2015, 04:56:59 pm »

Gros Hommes Vert? After all, our army is one of the fattest in the world I hear.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: February 03, 2015, 05:21:33 pm »

Not neccesary to link it I guess. Anyways, could be a Belgian mercenary who kept his Belgian military uniform for some reason. We need more information on that to really make a conclusion. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the EU countries were trying to quietly support Ukraine through advisors, special forces (although if it WAS special forces, they probably wouldn't leave their dead behind), various stuff.

Unlikely: field uniforms are not owned by GIs but are issued. Each time one needs to be washed it gets replaced by a new one, so a soldier doesn't want to own a uniform unless hes OK with having to wash it himself, as long as those issued ones are good enough. Which may not be the case for Ukrainians("surprisingly" the separatists have seemed to have equipment of superior quality for half a year at least now).

Most probably he had simply bought his Belgian uniform, probably an older pattern/issue as the latest ones are often prohibited from being sold in public, in an outdoors shop.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: February 03, 2015, 07:38:04 pm »

That Facebook post Sergarr was talking about.

And guys, I think Miljan was just trying to make fun of all those people who think that a guy in a Russian uniform or with a Russian shevron is automatically a Russian soldier.

EDIT: Join the ATO they said...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:44:37 pm by Knit tie »

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: February 03, 2015, 09:43:31 pm »

Huh, doesn't Youtube generally take down graphic stuff like that? I've seen worse, I guess. I'll just enjoy the poorly translated shitfest in the comments section.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 10:22:43 pm by Knit tie »

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:42 am »

Russia to persecute a man who posted a video that "insulted Ukrainian refugees." Tolerance, bitch, exhibit it!

Send those who fail to feel horror at human suffering to the death camps!

wait.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: February 04, 2015, 02:11:32 am »

Funny, this remind me of Jewish leaders of Warsaw Pact communist parties enacting anti-semitic recruitment policies because they were afraid the party would be seen as too Jewish and they assumed the people wouldn't like that.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: February 04, 2015, 03:38:31 am »

Will backfire somewhat considering how much anti-Russian ukranian nationalists have been branded as neo-nazis...
They can't be jewish neo-Nazis can they?
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: February 04, 2015, 03:44:54 am »

Russian anti-fascist are so anti
"Miserable representatives of the great Jewish people."

As opposed to "Great representatives of the miserable Jewish people."

Yep, totally antisemitic right there. My, that statement is almost as intolerant as calling those terrorists who shot Charlie Hebdo writers "shameful blemishes upon the body of the Muslim faith."

And could you kindly give me the original of that speech, I want to be sure that that's not just another unfortunate phrase taken out of context, as it was with Mozgovoi and his saying about prostitutes.

Will backfire somewhat considering how much anti-Russian ukranian nationalists have been branded as neo-nazis...
They can't be jewish neo-Nazis can they?
Well, Kolomoiskyi is an openly Jewish man who finances several equally openly neo-Nazi volunteer battalions, so I'd say that Jews and neo-Nazis can get along perfectly well where money is involved, and need I remind you about how Yatsenyuk claimed that the USSR has "unlawfully invaded both Ukraine and Germany?"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 05:11:03 am by Knit tie »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 220