Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 220

Author Topic: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России  (Read 257920 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russia Watch Thread/Ветка о России
« Reply #2416 on: January 19, 2015, 11:53:32 am »

Ukrainian army sources claim 3 soldiers have been killed and 66 wounded

Hate this kind of bullshit. I'd prefer our side not doing Russian style hiding of our casaulities
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:20 pm »

This thread is disgusting to me now.  I will not return sober.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: January 19, 2015, 12:08:54 pm »

Hate this kind of bullshit. I'd prefer our side not doing Russian style hiding of our casaulities
Honestly, I'd prefer it too from our side, because it's bullshit.

I guess they artificially lower the casualty amount by declaring most of the killed as Missing In Action (MIA), or maybe even as killed in accident or something.

EDIT: uhhhh guys I think we broke mainiac

somebody send for mainiac-repairmen
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: January 19, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »

Its really confusing at the moment what is happening where. Ukraine are claiming that donetsk airport is theirs.

Thing that is probably true, as both ukraine and rebels confirmed it (more or less), is that ukrane had big losses at the battle near petski, and probably lost it.

There are also  rumors of pro russian advancing to mariupol, probably false

Donetsk and Novorossiya army BTR moving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdWpWI__Ef0

Allah akbar idiots  attacking ukraine positions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDtqc-aplCA#t=34

Fighting on airport from rebel perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy7y4ZtegHE#t=248
Make love not war

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: January 19, 2015, 12:31:17 pm »

This thread is disgusting to me now.  I will not return sober.
What do you find disgusting here? Is it our continuous presence?
Also, your earlier drunken posts here were magnificent. 10/10.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:33:14 pm by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: January 19, 2015, 12:32:16 pm »

Honestly, I'd prefer it too from our side, because it's bullshit.
This.

It's better to admit that you lost 20 guys than to claim that you lost 2 and letting everyone think that you lost 100.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 12:52:33 pm by Knit tie »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: January 19, 2015, 12:51:38 pm »

According to Cassad, yesterday both sides lost in total ~25 tanks armored vehicles. Holy shit.
._.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: January 19, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »

Big anti putin protests in Grozny/Chechen  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9Z5EdGeVhw

Little off topic
Russian Chechen wedding in Grozny with all it chaos. Hope no one died during it, and that they are using blanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkDpdZzerE
Make love not war

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: January 19, 2015, 01:01:54 pm »

To elaborate on the post linked above by Sergarr, Cassad also claims that:

-Peski are 2/3 under the control of the AFN (Armed Forces of Novorossiya) after at least two failed attacks, but the AFU are clinging to the positions they still have.
-AFN attack on Avdeevka has been repelled with heavy artillery fire. Another attack is being currently made.
-AFN advance at Mariupol is almost uncontested due to the AFU infantry in that region being ill-motivated and ill-prepared to withstand heavy artillery fire.
-He is going to have another of his live update post this evening.

Little off topic
Russian Chechen wedding in Grozny with all it chaos. Hope no one died during it, and that they are using blanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szkDpdZzerE
Caucasus weddings tend to be wild and fun in the most dwarven way possible :P
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:06:33 pm by Knit tie »

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: January 19, 2015, 01:09:55 pm »

Ukrainian website Korrespondent.net claims to have taken an interview with the driver of the bus which was hit by the explosion near Volnovakha. His account of the events suspiciously resembles the one iterated by the Novorossiyan side. He claims that the checkpoint was shelled from the direction of Volnovakha and that the people in the bus were killed by a discharge of a nearby mine.

EDIT: Also, the latest livefeed of Novorossiya's Col. Cassad. He currently claims that Novorossiyan forces are fighting on the eastern outskirts of Mariupol.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:18:19 pm by Guardian G.I. »
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:18 pm »

That website belongs to UMH mediaholding, which is IIRC controlled by Kurchenko/Ahmetov, and I know at least one of these guys is kinda-sorta pro-Russian.

That said, I'm surprised to see this. After the "je suie Volnovaha" march has been done. That's a spit in the face if I ever saw one.
._.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: January 19, 2015, 01:26:12 pm »

I dont think 1:20 in dead:wounded ratio is impossible. A "wounded" figure that high includes men withdrawn from the line for all kinds of reasons. They could have rotated out a company or two of men many of which had been wounded, deafened, caught cold etc. and were "casualties".

That said, figures of both sides are at this point most likely just handwaved out of thin air. No reason to believe them until things calm down, which may be months ahead.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: January 19, 2015, 01:27:51 pm »

That website belongs to UMH mediaholding, which is IIRC controlled by Kurchenko/Ahmetov, and I know at least one of these guys is kinda-sorta pro-Russian.

That said, I'm surprised to see this. After the "je suie Volnovaha" march has been done. That's a spit in the face if I ever saw one.
I am not surprised. Some of the stuff Russia does wants me to spit in our governments' collective face as well.

I dont think 1:20 in dead:wounded ratio is impossible. A "wounded" figure that high includes men withdrawn from the line for all kinds of reasons. They could have rotated out a company or two of men many of which had been wounded, deafened, caught cold etc. and were "casualties".

That said, figures of both sides are at this point most likely just handwaved out of thin air. No reason to believe them until things calm down, which may be months ahead.
I prefer to just ignore the sides' official claims of casualties both sustained and inflicted and approximate them based on tangentially related information. Ukraine loses 2/3 of its fighting vehicles? Heavy casualties. Rebels unsuccesfully try to attack Avdeevka and are repelled by artillery fire? Moderate to heavy casualties. Rebels take the Donetsk airport and everybody says that it was a brutal fight? Heavy casualties on both sides.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:34:24 pm by Knit tie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: January 19, 2015, 01:48:30 pm »

You can even buy Novorossiyan badges and chevrons in some places on the Internet.

Now I want to see someone in the US flying the Novorossiyan flag. It would be pretty edgy.

Why? Most people will not know what its about anyway. They will maybe think its a flag of one of the states :).

Yeah, most people will probably go 'confederate flag without the stars???' and be confused.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 220